BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Bolton - by m1st :)

cn174

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what legal responsibility a club has for the safety of fans in their ground? It seems that no effort is made at the BreezeBlock to stop their idiots from going round to the away end and throwing punches.

Been to most Rovers games at the Breezeblock, Think this is way out of proportion.

How long until we have another incident like they caused at Blackpool in the 70's?

Probably years, if ever

My old man was attacked by Bolton fans a few seasons ago. Scum.

Thing is, this is their desperate attempt to strike up a rivalry with someone & anyone but no-one gives a sh*t about Bolton but Bolton fans.

I'd love Rovers fans to rise above it. My hatred for Burnley is enough, I just dislike the rest. Let them strike something up with Wigan, their ground is practically there anyway.

I think they'll beat us again, 2-0. Think their midfield will be too much for us with Spearing and in form Pratley.

1 up front will be too easy for their CB's, wouldn't mind a bit of physicality from Best.

I'm fairly sure he was an England youth international - which sounds pretty tame now, but he didn't ever get a full England cap.

Even so, great memories, one of which was seeing him score a hat trick against West Ham, away from home, in a 3-3 draw in the FA cup in the 1960's. Duggie absolutely tore a very talented West Ham apart. Venky's can never take that away from me, no matter how hard they try.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, I was at that match!

Didn't join Byrom score a hat-trick v Arsenal in the FA Cup the season we went down in 1966 ? Seem to recall he was limping with an injury most of the match too, although it was nearly 50 years ago and memories fade. Very good player - should never have been sold. I think he was part of the very good Bolton team of the 1970s with Whatmore, Greaves etc.

Think he was limping in the West Ham match.......I remember the Arsenal win (3rd round match) too because the league situation was so bad - this was a bonus. I seem to remember we'd put defender Ben Anderson up front and he got at least one of the goals. Again........my memory may be playing tricks?

My old man was attacked by Bolton fans a few seasons ago. Scum.

Thing is, this is their desperate attempt to strike up a rivalry with someone & anyone but no-one gives a sh*t about Bolton but Bolton fans.

I'd love Rovers fans to rise above it. My hatred for Burnley is enough, I just dislike the rest. Let them strike something up with Wigan, their ground is practically there anyway.

I think they'll beat us again, 2-0. Think their midfield will be too much for us with Spearing and in form Pratley.

1 up front will be too easy for their CB's, wouldn't mind a bit of physicality from Best.

They've tried it with Wigan when they became a regular Prem team but even they couldn't be bothered with them. Never mind if Adlington Fc ever rise up the leagues perhaps they could strike something up with them :)

They've tried it with Wigan when they became a regular Prem team but even they couldn't be bothered with them. Never mind if Adlington Fc ever rise up the leagues perhaps they could strike something up with them :)

Behave, it's hard enough living here as it is

Its going to be an interesting match up. Rovers braindead inadequates versus Boltons !

On the pitch, you have to say that Rovers with Rhodes up front on his own might struggle against Wheater, Baptiste and the other mush. Bolton always seem to get a result at Ewood and for me I think its about time Rovers game them a bashing at Ewood.

Taking a Bolton fan with me to the game and hope that it isn't he who is laughing all the way back to westhoghton !

2-1 Rovers

Phil Gartside talking sh!te on Radio Talksh!te. When asked about playing one of his rivals at the weekend he starting bumbling on about Wigan and Leeds also being their rivals.

How fecking many rivals have they got? and what the hell has Leeds got to do with them.

Phil Gartside talking sh!te on Radio Talksh!te. When asked about playing one of his rivals at the weekend he starting bumbling on about Wigan and Leeds also being their rivals.

How fecking many rivals have they got? and what the hell has Leeds got to do with them.

Clutching at whatever connection to Lancashire they can get their hands on, probably see it as a Lancs, Yorkshire derby.

Like us, Leeds fans probably couldn't give two hoots either.

Makes ya laugh doesn't it. In the absence of having any rivals, they try to turn it into a positive by pretending that means they can pick any rivals they want, I'm surprised he didn't include Man U in that.

Archived