BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Bolton - by m1st :)

cn174

Think he was limping in the West Ham match.......I remember the Arsenal win (3rd round match) too because the league situation was so bad - this was a bonus. I seem to remember we'd put defender Ben Anderson up front and he got at least one of the goals. Again........my memory may be playing tricks?

You're right about your memory Tony. Andy McEvoy scored the other two goals in the Arsenal FA Cup tie you refer to. Ben Anderson only made one appearance that season, he came on as a substitute and scored away at Liverpool in a 2-5 loss. I can remember Anderson and Dick Mulvaney playing as joint strikers against Bolton at Ewood in 1967. We won 2-1 with Anderson scoring one. I think it was Francis Lee's last game for Bolton.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in boltons forum there is no talk about any rivalry...

ps - we usually lose when i read opposition forums before a match...so we might lose this one.. :unsure:

But there is a long running thread entitled 'comedy club' dedicated to Rovers, bless their little white socks.

Looks like Bolton could be playing gentle giant Tom Eaves which if true could be a problem for our defenders if Bolton get crosses into him.

Fully hope that Dunny is match fit for this one would like to see Best out there also along with Josh King we waitand see. Just hope team GB isnt negative in this one as it is there for the taking.

There was some mixed opinion about King's Man of the Match performance last Saturday. This is how I saw the first half (I couldn't be bothered doing the second!)

1 Receives a hoof at an awkward height and it bounces off him. Then challenges for another high hoof without success.

2 Gives ball away in a decent attacking position.

5 Chases Spurr’s pass and bamboozles defender, runs into box but cross is blocked.

9 Receives just outside box and shoots but straight at goalie.

12 Back in defence but doesn’t make a challenge.

18 Goalie flaps at cross and ball falls to King but again his attempted shot/cross is blocked.

Neat bit of footwork and good lay-off.

19 Outruns defenders and sprints into the box. Fires a dangerous low ball across the face of the goal but no one is there to convert.

20 Simple lay-off.

24 Attempted cross but defender blocks.

Neat lay-off.

25 Flies past 2 defenders and, with a funny stuttering run, tees up his shot from 25 yards but it is comfortably wide.

Collects in midfield but is fouled.

27 Neat lay-off.

28 Reasonable lofted cross but easily cleared.

31 Collects well and sprints past defenders and into the box. Not for the first time his cross fails to get past the defender and the ball doesn’t reach the goalmouth.

37 Covering back – attempts a challenge.

41 Neat finish to Kane’s cross for the 4th goal.

45 Chases back but doesn’t get in a challenge.

47 He is skinned in the fullback position. He chases the cleared ball with impressive pace but needlessly pushes opponent in back and concedes a foul.

Encouraging bit at the bottom of the Ben Marshall interview in the LT:

* Bolton are facing an injury crisis ahead of their trip to Ewood on Saturday.

David Wheather, Marc Tierney and Craig Davies are all injury doubts, although Chris Eagles – scorer of a late matchwinner when the sides last met in March – may be available to return.

Link > http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/10641463._/

Just on boltons rivals, that'll actually be Bury from a historical point of view, but they consider themselves bigger than that so aligned themselves against Man Utd in recent years :lol:

• Backroom

Eagles is a good little player, I was hoping he'd miss the game. Just to reiterate, this game will be shown on foreign tv channels

And just to reiterate if anyone asks where they can see those channels online they'll be banned :)

Not confident about this one they always seem to do us and the fact they have had a bad start is a sure sign we'll help them out

Would go with:

Kean

Kane Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Evans Cairney

Judge Dunn King

Rhodes

Subs: Eastwood, Marshall, Taylor, Best, Lowe, Dann, Williamson/Marrow.

The only reason I've left Marshall out is the front 4 last week worked very well together, maybe bring on Marshall for Dunn.

I don't rate Bolton and I hope and expect us to pick up a win.

Would go with:

Kean

Kane Hanley Kilgallon Spurr

Evans Cairney

Judge Dunn King

Rhodes

Subs: Eastwood, Marshall, Taylor, Best, Lowe, Dann, Williamson/Marrow.

The only reason I've left Marshall out is the front 4 last week worked very well together, maybe bring on Marshall for Dunn.i

I don't rate Bolton and I hope and expect us to pick up a win.

After last week I would be surprised if he changes the team (allowing for injuries)

Has to be the same starting 11 that played Barnsley last week. Would be harsh to drop any of those players after an excellent performance.

Not convinced about Bolton this season. Not really strengthened at all and think we now have a better squad than them. Looks like they have an injury crisis too.

They do worry me from set pieces. We seem to have trouble defending them and they have some tall players in their team. Plus, they seem to have enjoyed playing us the last couple of seasons but hopefully that will change tomorrow.

And just to reiterate if anyone asks where they can see those channels online they'll be banned :)

Not confident about this one they always seem to do us and the fact they have had a bad start is a sure sign we'll help them out

Is it bannable asking for paid sources? I'm guessing you are talking about illegal streams, right?

I work across from the breezeblock and as such have tons of wanderers fans around me, they are all not confident at all about the game tomorrow!

Im struggling to call it, heart says we get our act together and beat them convincingly 2/3 nil but my head says both sides will be too scared to lose and cancel each other out for the draw...

Eagles is a good little player, I was hoping he'd miss the game. Just to reiterate, this game will be shown on foreign tv channels

If Eagles looks good against Spur then it aint going to look good on our new lad. Fully expect Spur to put Eagles in his pocket and the electronic scoreboard goes up in the second half with Eagles number on it.

Another home win Bolton dont have any good players. GB seems glowing in his praise for Marshall so wouldnt be surprised to see him play if King can get going his pace will frighten the life out of Bolton.

Justifiably Bolton fans are concerned for this game.

Arte et labore

If Eagles looks good against Spur then it aint going to look good on our new lad. Fully expect Spur to put Eagles in his pocket and the electronic scoreboard goes up in the second half with Eagles number on it.Another home win Bolton dont have any good players. GB seems glowing in his praise for Marshall so wouldnt be surprised to see him play if King can get going his pace will frighten the life out of Bolton.Justifiably Bolton fans are concerned for this game.Arte et labore

Everything OK Jal? That was nigh on positive!

We're doomed!

I think he's expecting a Lowe hat trick.

Left foot, right foot, bullet header - boosh.

Well that's my mind made up. Fiver on Lowe for first goal. He's due! (Edit - 28/1 ! Probably injured mind you?)

Btw, we're not really doomed. Just Jal being positive, it doesn't feel right.

2 0 Rovers.

Well that's my mind made up. Fiver on Lowe for first goal. He's due! (Edit - 28/1 ! Probably injured mind you?)

Btw, we're not really doomed. Just Jal being positive, it doesn't feel right.

2 0 Rovers.

It's reverse psychology. Mercerman has screwed us over with it before.

Archived