SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other options have we got?

People seem to be putting forward the point that Rhodes, whilst having a fantastic goalscoring record, can still improve certain aspects of his game, not that he is useless or shouldn't be playing. The most I have really seen is that he should be dropped once to keep him on his toes, or to sub him off if he isn't playing well.

With Best having a mysterious injury, DJ having another game suspension I'd say literally nobody for next Saturday!

Nothing mysterious about his injury if it's the same one he got the other week. He pulled up with a what looked liked a pulled muscle as he was chasing a ball near the end of the Lancashire Cup game against Rochdale.

If he is out for 8 weeks, this takes in 9 league games and the FA Cup 3rd round. If we have adapted to his absence, as he's such a limited player that is hindering our overall performances, and have 20+ points and progressed to the 4th round, there's still plenty of time to sell and continue the promotion push without carrying a Rhodes shaped passenger.

If he is out for 8 weeks, this takes in 9 league games and the FA Cup 3rd round. If we have adapted to his absence, as he's such a limited player that is hindering our overall performances, and have 20+ points and progressed to the 4th round, there's still plenty of time to sell and continue the promotion push without carrying a Rhodes shaped passenger.

So from the next 9 games (27 points on offer) you are expecting a paltry return of between 9 and 2 points? (we already have 19).

You expect a promotion push after getting 2-9 points from the next 27????

So from the next 9 games (27 points on offer) you are expecting a paltry return of between 9 and 2 points? (we already have 19).

You expect a promotion push after getting 2-9 points from the next 27????

No, that was 20+ from the next 9.

But I suspect you've rather missed the point of the post, so not sure why I bothered explaining the maths.

Bloody hate these pointless internationals took away evans now rhodes even king seems to be gettin injurd in internationals...anyone know if the sfa would compensate??

What makes it even more pointless is strachan never even plays him

No, that was 20+ from the next 9.

But I suspect you've rather missed the point of the post, so not sure why I bothered explaining the maths

I hope your maths is better than your sentence structures.

Now you have had to explain your garbled paragraph.......you really think this team can get 20+ points from 27? Even with Rhodes that's fantasy island

I hope your maths is better than your sentence structures.

Now you have had to explain your garbled paragraph.......you really think this team can get 20+ points from 27? Even with Rhodes that's fantasy island

Only to you dear chap. And again you have spectacularly failed to grasp the point of the post.

8 weeks out?

Looks like the brains trust on here will get their wish to see Best and Campbell sulking around up front for the next few weeks.

Not many have stated that they want that OJ. You'll find that the main talking point on here is how can Rhodes improve his game when the goals aren't coming, a fair talking point when you consider that he hasn't scored from open play for quite some time.

I don't think there is one single poster on here that dislikes Rhodes - we can all appreciate his finishing abilities. Does that warrant him a starting place every single week? Probably in OUR squad it does. Does it deem him immune from criticism if his performances are poor? No I don't think it does.

Not many have stated that they want that OJ. You'll find that the main talking point on here is how can Rhodes improve his game when the goals aren't coming, a fair talking point when you consider that he hasn't scored from open play for quite some time.

I don't think there is one single poster on here that dislikes Rhodes - we can all appreciate his finishing abilities. Does that warrant him a starting place every single week? Probably in OUR squad it does. Does it deem him immune from criticism if his performances are poor? No I don't think it does.

It is the degree of criticism and the fact that there are a whole raft of other players (over thirty from the current squad) who merit such levels before JR.

Archived