BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Rovers v Huddersfield Town - 21st Sept 2013

Stuart

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should really be a comfortable win (3-0 I'll go), with tough games like Bournemouth away and then Wigan and Watford, I'd like to see us experiment a bit here and go 4-4-2, with Best and Rhodes up front together. I know that those two upfront didn't work against Forrest, but let's face it they are a side going to challenge for the top where I expect Huddersfield would take 21st now and we really should be dominating possession against them at home. So it could be a ideal game for Best and Rhodes to start forming a partnership

My Team:.

Kean

Kane Hanley Dann Spurr

Taylor Evans Cairney King

Best Rhodes

This I think is where your lack of lower league Knowledge is shown. My view is that apart from Rhodes and Dann Huddersfield have a better player in every other single position. you are at home so it will be tricky but I think Town will win 2-1.

To think you will win 3-0 is cloud cuckoo land. You clearly have not looked at the form and results of Huddersfield so far this season.

A narrow loss to Nottingham Forest (1-0)

A creditable draw to QPR (1-1)

A hammering of Bournemouth (5-1)

The only two loses have been 1-0 at forest and 2-1 at Barnsley.

the Idea that you are going to spank Town 3-0, or that it is so in the proverbial bag that you can experiment with formations goes against the form book since the beginning of the season.

time to wake up and smell the coffee, the premiership days are long gone.

I'd go 1 - 1 - 5 - 3. with Scott Dann at the back and Hanley in front of him acting as a sweeper. In midfield I'd have Kane on the right, Crainey, Williamson, Judge in the centre, with no holding midfielder. On the left I'd play one of the Portuguese no marks / someone's pension, maybe recall that one that Kean / Singh brought in who's on loan at that non league team and sits on the bench every week? Up front, well it picks itself really, Best, Rhodes and King. We'll be 2-0 down at half time, throw Dann up front with 10 mins to go and win 5-2. Rhodes with all five, all knock downs from Judge.

This I think is where your lack of lower league Knowledge is shown. My view is that apart from Rhodes and Dann Huddersfield have a better player in every other single position. you are at home so it will be tricky but I think Town will win 2-1.

To think you will win 3-0 is cloud cuckoo land. You clearly have not looked at the form and results of Huddersfield so far this season.

the Idea that you are going to spank Town 3-0, or that it is so in the proverbial bag that you can experiment with formations goes against the form book since the beginning of the season.

You know nothing. You lost to a team that we stuffed 5-2. You need to do more research on our squad.

I think you might be right, it should be a tough game Hudds playing well, but I hope you have the good grace to visit the site on Saturday

and admit you got a good thrashing if we do put 3-4 past you.

Remember we've scored 9 in the last 2 at home.

Didn't Rhodes used to play for you at one time as well? :P

No in all seriousness you lot are a decent outfit but I think Hanley, Cairney and Spurr would all walk into your team.

To think you will win 3-0 is cloud cuckoo land.

I would say a rovers 3-0 win, or rovers to win by at least 3 goals, is unlikely. I think you are misguided to dismiss it as 'cloud cuckoo land.'

Have you seen our recent home form guide? We have scored 9 goals in our last 2 home games. We absolutely battered both of the opponents. The former of those have already beaten you this season. The latter I would describe as our best performance in a few years. Added to the fact Rhodes has scored in his last 4 games.

I would say a rovers 3-0 win, or rovers to win by at least 3 goals, is unlikely. I think you are misguided to dismiss it as 'cloud cuckoo land.'

Have you seen our recent home form guide? We have scored 9 goals in our last 2 home games. We absolutely battered both of the opponents. The former of those have already beaten you this season. The latter I would describe as our best performance in a few years. Added to the fact Rhodes has scored in his last 4 games.

I agree, the way we play seems to suit us when playing at Ewood, but away from home, the team seems confused as to what their roles within the team or, therefore making us look very disfuctional.

I've tipped hudders for a play off place this season (to the laughter of many). Hard fought 1-1.

I'd be more confident with Dunn or Rochina pulling the strings. Without either of them, it's going to be harder to get into our groove and any win will be a tight one, I reckon.

Kean

Kane - Dann - Hanley - Spurr

Cairney - Lowe

Taylor - Judge - King

Rhodes

I agree, the way we play seems to suit us when playing at Ewood, but away from home, the team seems confused as to what their roles within the team or, therefore making us look very disfuctional.

I've tipped hudders for a play off place this season (to the laughter of many). Hard fought 1-1.

Now there is a man who knows his Onions!

• Backroom

You know nothing. You lost to a team that we stuffed 5-2. You need to do more research on our squad.

A team we were losing against until they had a man sent off

Tough one to call, two similar standard teams

McDonalds :lol::lol: :lol: , sounds very professional :rock::rolleyes:

I'm only kidding though, I understand, its just in an ideal, practical location and free(unless you order something, I rarely eat at Mcdonalds but id recommend the 'Spanish grande', I had 1 the other day and it was delicious)

Personally I would not choose McDonalds for my refueling needs, but many people do. But this is about getting access to as many Rovers fans as possible in a short space of time. Ewood McDonalds as as good as we can get really.

Archived