BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Rovers v Huddersfield Town - 21st Sept 2013

Stuart

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Apart from Dann and Rhodes, Town have a better player in every position'. If ever I needed a laugh!!!

'Apart from Dann and Rhodes, Town have a better player in every position'. If ever I needed a laugh!!!

Im sure he came on here last season making similar claims.

Only just realized it's ben 'There is absolutely no chance Rovers would finish above Huddersfield I would bet my house, wife and kids on it' 1142.

Absolutely no credibility on here after last years nonsense sorry mate.

Its interesting that that you seem to forget the final table of last season.

ok Blackburn finished just above town.. what was the sepraration ? goal difference only. Take a look we both finished last season on 58pts.

Over the summer Huddersfield have brought much better players than you have.

I am not trying to put anybodies noes out of joint here. You can only work in facts.

We finish equal, Huddersfield buy well, we have better form in the first 7 games of the season. I think we have blackburn fans still living in dreamland...A long hard struggle for you boys in the coming season I think...

ok Blackburn finished just above town.. what was the sepraration ? goal difference only. Take a look we both finished last season on 58pts.

I am not trying to put anybodies noes out of joint here. You can only work in facts.

We finish equal, Huddersfield buy well, we have better form in the first 7 games of the season. I think we have blackburn fans still living in dreamland...A long hard struggle for you boys in the coming season I think...

You'll be in roughly the same position as last year. If we're taking form over 7 games then this time last year we where going to win the league!

Your extremely bitter and very boring. Your nonsense over Rhodes got dull very quickly. You think football is extremely simple, and it isn't. I don't think there will ever be a time in my life where I see Huddersfield on the fixture list and don't immediately think '3 Points', even with Venkys. Dull off.

No I didn't, we finished above you.

Yes, but we still finished above contrary to you saying you'd finish well above us

In your opinion, which doesn't count for very much for most on here.

What facts might they be then, nothing to say Huddersfield are a better team than Rovers thus far.

Better form, you have three points over us and like you say only 7 games have been played, take those blue tinted specs off and realize that we've just hammered two teams at home.

Better form, you have three points over us and like you say only 7 games have been played, take those blue tinted specs off and realize that we've just hammered two teams at home.

Agree with most of those comments. My only worry about relying on the Barnsley/Bolton results is the effect of losing Dunn.

• Backroom

Huddersfield Town fans, by far the most classless set of keans I have ever come across.

Just over a year ago the bile and hatred spewing over their messageboard was unreal, and genuinely shocked me.

The amount of times I saw "Can't wait for Rovers to go into administration", "I hope that club goes bust and ceases to exist forever", "I will enjoy watching them do a Portsmouth" etc etc. And it wasn't just a minority, it was around 50% of them en masse. Post after post.

And for what heinous crime was this response caused, what unspeakable wrong was done to them to elicit this reaction?? - Oh yeah, Rovers were attempting a transfer by offering an extremely attractive and lucrative package for one of their players. How incredibly mean and evil of us.

I have to put it down to them being inexperienced at higher level football and that type of thing being new to them, but regardless it was pathetic to witness. Having seen our star players leave summer after summer to pastures new for big money deals it was pretty laughable, and the way they threw all their toys out the pram like they were the first club to ever have their jewel in the crown poached was quite simply mystifying.

FWIW, I don't ever want to see any football club go out of business, not even Burnley. It's a friggin sport at the end of the day, and the more clubs that struggle, the weaker the sport becomes. And people trying to wish a "Portsmouth" on any club disgusts me. The fans did nothing to deserve their plight, and fans should be sticking together to prevent anything like that ever happening again not hoping for a repeat. (Yes, I still thought that before our position with Venky's.)

So, to the match, because of all this I hope we absolutely paste them up and down the park, and throw a massive stick in the wheels of their promising start to the season. But, realistically, I do think it will be a tough game. A few 3-0 predictions being thrown around this thread and last time I saw that was Donny, and look how that turned out.

I think 1-1 is probably a steady bet, but like many on here, I am going to keep optimistic and think we can just squeak it 2-1. And boy will I be happy if we do, just in case that hasn't already come across. God knows when we will get our next clean sheet. Maybe Xmas.

You can live in Never Never Land for another 20 odd hours. Maybe tonight you may wish upon a star. (Second star to the right and straight on till morning.)

I don't think we'll be hearing much more from Dizzy Diet the second from 5 PM Saturday.

I fancy Rovers to carry on where they left off at Ewood and win 3-1 with a brace from Rhodes and a Cairney free kick.

We just need to get our faculties in order on our travels.

some are born great, others achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. My feeling is Blackburn fall into the latter. ...

Good old jack.

Maybe. Still, better to have achieved greatness than to have never experienced it, eh?

There's only One Jack Walker.

some are born great, others achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them. My feeling is Blackburn fall into the latter. ...

Good old jack.

Don't you have a Leeds or Halifax or whoever the hell your rivals are forum to be trolling at the moment?, see I've no idea who your big rivals are and I don't really care, neither should you about Rovers but you obviously have a massive chip on your shoulder over us.

I bet you have a pseudonym on every other forum in the Championship though, you seem the type. -_-

Good old jack.

Is there a 4th category entitled nothingness? Because that's what you are. A nothing club. You have literally done nothing for 80 odd years.

Maybe. Still, better to have achieved greatness than to have never experienced it, eh?

There's only One Jack Walker.

I think you'll find we are even-stevens on the honours front... both with 3 championships and an FA cup.

once more unto the breach dear friends...

Well if you ignore the other 5 fa cups and the league cup we have also won, you are correct

Ok so you got lucky a couple of times catch a few teams having off days. Anyone remember wrexham in the fa cup.... anyone can get lucky...

Class comes from consistency just check them 3 titles in a row... tis a beautiful thing...

Good old jack.

Your knowledge of football history is very poor, Diziet2.

Your own team were great once upon a time. They were the Man Utd of the 1920s.

Rovers were the Man Utd of the 25 years before 1900. By that year we had 5, yes 5, FA cup wins.

So, not only did Uncle Jack thrust greatness upon us, we achieved greatness from the moment we were born.

Don't you have a Leeds or Halifax or whoever the hell your rivals are forum to be trolling at the moment?, see I've no idea who your big rivals are and I don't really care, neither should you about Rovers but you obviously have a massive chip on your shoulder over us.

I bet you have a pseudonym on every other forum in the Championship though, you seem the type. -_-

Don't be too hard on Ditzy, he probably just comes on here for a bit of company, after all being a shepherd is a very lonely job !

So people tell me. :(

Good old jack.

Finally you show your true colours....and how very little you know of football.

I think you'll find we are even-stevens on the honours front... both with 3 championships and an FA cup.

once more unto the breach dear friends...

Dear oh dear!!....... ^_^

Archived