BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Preview: Rovers v Huddersfield Town - 21st Sept 2013

Stuart

On a more serious note, I have been informed tonight that my old optician, great BR fan and stalwart of Blackburn, Peter Worden passed away yesterday. Not a poster on here, but had his practice in the town for many a year. Great historian of everything Blackburn, and amongst his fantastic collection was the footage of the 1928 team coming along Preston new road in an open top bus following the win at Wembley against HT. RIP Peter, I am sure some will know him.

His shop was on James St if that helps.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a more serious note, I have been informed tonight that my old optician, great BR fan and stalwart of Blackburn, Peter Worden passed away yesterday. Not a poster on here, but had his practice in the town for many a year. Great historian of everything Blackburn, and amongst his fantastic collection was the footage of the 1928 team coming along Preston new road in an open top bus following the win at Wembley against HT. RIP Peter, I am sure some will know him.

His shop was on James St if that helps.

RIP Peter.

Now is the time for Ben Marshall to show the Rovers faithful just what hes got to offer on a football pitch by beating his opponents creating lots of goal scoring opportunities.

Otherwise what was the point of playing him.

I remember going to Huddersfield once in the 80's. We must have taken 3000. It lashed it down all afternoon. I can't remember the result to be honest, but they were great days back then. Fantastic support.

Also remember going to the first preseason game opening their new stadium, after we won the league. Must have been 6000 on. We were quite a draw back then.

Tough one tomorrow. 2 1 Rovers.

Championship Trivia Quiz

(data from whoscored.com)

1 Rovers have 4 players rated in the top 100. Who are they?
2 How many do Huddersfield have?
3 Which former Ewood hero is currently rated number 5 in the “% successful pass-rate” table?
Hint: Trappatoni always rated him.
4 Which team has kept a clean sheet in the last 5 games?
5 Bolton is not the only team to be winless thus far. Who else?
6 To the nearest round number, how many passes per game do we make as a team?
7 In the last game (Leicester), we had only one player rated in the top five on the pitch. In fact he was rated Man of the Match. Who?

Answers: 1. JR SD JKg TC 2.seven 3. Keith (91%) 4. Q 5. Wed 6. 300 7. TC

Its interesting that that you seem to forget the final table of last season.

ok Blackburn finished just above town.. what was the sepraration ? goal difference only. Take a look we both finished last season on 58pts.

Over the summer Huddersfield have brought much better players than you have.

I am not trying to put anybodies noes out of joint here. You can only work in facts.

We finish equal, Huddersfield buy well, we have better form in the first 7 games of the season. I think we have blackburn fans still living in dreamland...A long hard struggle for you boys in the coming season I think...

Based on what?? As far as I can see you've only got Vaughn and Smithies who'd get in our team whereas Best (our sub striker) would play every week...please leave our board. Your posts are ill informed and irritating

Maybe. Still, better to have achieved greatness than to have never experienced it, eh?

There's only One Jack Walker.

A good point...one of their fans claimed the one moment in time that he'd change would be to not sell Markus Stewart as he was the best player they ever had...holy sh1t!! Ha ha

Ok so you got lucky a couple of times catch a few teams having off days. Anyone remember wrexham in the fa cup.... anyone can get lucky...

Class comes from consistency just check them 3 titles in a row... tis a beautiful thing...

"got lucky" "class comes from consistency"

We won the FA Cup 3 years in a row. That means we were unbeaten in a competition for 3 years, and this is a feat matched by no other team and probably never will be. You wear three stars above your crest, but you're not the only team to have achieved 3 consecutive league titles. Your greatest achievement as a club is one which is not even unique to you. Founder members of the Football League and Premier League, and winners of both. That's history.

As if bender is still knocking about on here under a different name. I'm all for opposition fans posting on here but we don't even get these levels of delusion from that lot down the 65. After completely embarrassing himself with the Rhodes stuff previously I thought he'd gone for good.

Ben thinks Huddersfield are some kind of super power for some reason. If Huddersfield did ever find themselves in the PL, which I doubt very much but stranger things have happened, he'll be trolling the Man Utd message boards telling them about how amazing they are with a squad full of world class superstars, and how Rhodes still isn't leaving.

My message to GB today is BE BRAVE!!

After nearly three years of Venkys tenure the mindset of our club and it's players is a million miles from "resolute"! Resolute teams are built on stability over prolonged periods.

We have had recent home success by being positive in attack with a "you score three and we'll score 4" attitude...this must return today!

IMO we need to drop Cairney back one alongside Lowe or Evans and play Judge in the hole. The bit will have a point to prove after his recent omissions and I think Cairney is better in a deeper play maker role.

King on the left obviously and Marshall on the right. I considered Taylor but they have Adam Hammil as a left wb and Marshall on form is much more offensive...the rest take care of themselves IMO...

If we are brave then we will win in my opinion

It's our first game of the season because of holidays - season appears to start earlier every year. I know it doesn't but it feels that way and then international weekends seem to be ever more intrusive. Just hoping that we're not a jinx on our return and we can get a result. I'm not greedy - I'll settle for one off any legal part of one of our players or a dodgy own goal. Just win.

• Backroom

Woke up this morning feeling a 1-1 is the most likely outcome

Both teams look to have settled into middling championship teams that more often than not will beat the lower teams and struggle against the better ones

I hope we batter them as well. A lot of their fans are saddo's.

"You were only good because of Jack Walker".

"And why exactly do you call your chairman God?".

He spent loads of money trying to get them promoted to the C'ship ffs, and even that took a few years.

Then they had one good player, sold him, and to a divisional rival no less.

"You can even bid 20 million if you like because we won't sell him, he'd be one of the 10 best strikers in the Premier League and we don't need the money"

"Haha we got 8 million though"....."I thought you didn't need the money?".

4-1 Rovers - Rhodes to score and celebrate against them again.

It's our first game of the season because of holidays - season appears to start earlier every year. I know it doesn't but it feels that way and then international weekends seem to be ever more intrusive. Just hoping that we're not a jinx on our return and we can get a result. I'm not greedy - I'll settle for one off any legal part of one of our players or a dodgy own goal. Just win.

It actually did start earlier this year, there was a ballot to agree the earlier date so that there's an extra weekend game I believe.

I remember going to Huddersfield once in the 80's. We must have taken 3000. It lashed it down all afternoon. I can't remember the result to be honest, but they were great days back then. Fantastic support.

Also remember going to the first preseason game opening their new stadium, after we won the league. Must have been 6000 on. We were quite a draw back then.

Tough one tomorrow. 2 1 Rovers.

I remember that one and i think we won, sure Garner scored towards that cowshed end and it ended up 3-1 ? We had about 4/5k there that day, loads on the open end getting hammered by hailstones and half the stand at the side. All the ones who'd read the forecast piled in the stands lol 'yellows-yellows' :)

Why not Marshall in the hole? Isn't this where he was best with Leicester?

Kean

Kane Hanley Dann Spurr

Taylor Cairney Evans King

Marshall

Rhodes

if GBs going to stick with starting Marshall(even though hes done nothing to warrant being picked ahead of taylor and judge or even Best!) we have to try him somewhere else because he's doing nothing but making up the numbers out on the right.

Remember it well, police wouldn't allow us into any pubs "for your own safety lads" was a straight root march from the train station to the ground in the rain, then it rained some more, think we drew, could have been part of the unbeaten run under Mackay.

2-0 Rover today, and us coming away think why we don't play like this away from home?

Bit early in the season for me to be forecasting the team but I wouldn't persist with Kane at RB (for a while) give him a run further forward and Marshall has done nothing (yet) to prove he deserves a start. I'd chance a 4-4-1-1 to see if Best has something to prove.

Looking forward to this. Very impressed with team work rate and spirit. COYB

Kean

Lowe Dann Hanley Spurr

Kane Judge Cairney King

Best

Rhodes

I remember going to Leeds Road on a very wet day in what must have been the 70's, stode on that big side terrace very much like Burnley's Longside, cant remember the result, It must have been a victory as a raised clenched fist from Graham Hawkins directed towards the fans at the final whistle sticks in my mind

Come on Rovers give them a good hiding!!

Archived