BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Even if the owners had another 20m spare to lob at the team in the hope of securing promotion this May, do you honestly think it would be a viable strategy to do so? If FFP came in the fines would be so big as to wipe our most of our TV money.

No i wouldnt say so Rev.

All i am saying is that knowing that it was likely to be promotion or bust this season in order to help solve the worsening finacial position i would have thought at the start of the season it might have been wiser to buy 3 top drawer types rather than bring in the likes of Marrow, Judge , Eastwood , Songo', Kane again on loan, even taylor. These guys might be much cheaper in wages terms than what was already here and fleecing us but given the promotion or bust scenario i just dont think players of that calibre will get us up.You can add £1m on Marshall to that list for me and probably even Gestede.

So if they were merely stocking fillers and 3of them are now out on loan at bobbins clubs-why bring them at all.

The likes of Cairney & Evans i will have all day

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't divert my point Rev. The average wage for a Championship player is probably around the £8000/ week mark. 15 players so far, with more to come, at that money comes in at around £6.25m per year in wages alone. Add the contract length, plus the transfer fees paid out and that amounts to a huge backing from the owners. He's had that kind of investment available, to build on top of keeping every player that he wanted to.

I'll ask you again, how much more financial backing could he want, and who was the last manager, apart from Dalglish, who's been given that kind of backing?

Bowyer has done OK for me, not great, but OK. That is assuming, and here's the rub, that it isn't sh1t or bust this season. As for the transfer strategy in bringing in all these players, - well it beats me. Maybe you could explain what that is, when you've told me how much more investment Bowyer could have wanted?

Bowyer can keep all the players he wants... Can I ask apart from Olsson and Rhodes which players were wanted by other clubs? If you look at the players we have sold/let go of and then look at players bought in, Bowyer is working on a negative budget with regards wages and is probably on a par or slightly in the negative with regards transfer fees too.

Now which manager has worked under those conditions for us? Even Sam, who worked with a negative transfer budget, spent shed loads on wages.

Also we had an unfit team, with no scouts and a bloke called Shebby in charge, we now have a fitter team, a scouting system, and a man who makes decisions for the betterment of the club. To conclude Bowyer is doing a very good job for the club at the moment, on and off the pitch.

Exactly, TBTF, but of course none of us know what's going on, as opposed to the vast majority of other teams are concerned (every one but ours) who's owners at least speak now and again.......slightly irked by all and sundry in the press saying......"Wenkys were unavailable for comment".....FFS! Can we assume it's promotion or bust? In which case why are we linked with a Leicester reject?

QPR, Forest, Leicester, Boro and Derby are all better teams imo.

There should be a collective club wage bill table to judge which club offers the best value...... pound for pound for the supporters to reflect on.

Keep up the good work Mr Bowyer, you're definitely turning the titanic back into the right direction.. Agreed there are learning but from where we were 12 months ago extremely good progress..

Shipping out the dross where possible and as aggressive as he has is great work

Who is learning ? And please do not say the VENKYSCUM

Just realised you started the venky thread and seen the time.. Christ you must of had a good night in the new spoons.

tbf Abbey the owners are now doing what they should have done 3 years ago. They have a solid manager who they appear to be giving much boardroom support and financial support to whilst keeping a necessary low profile. This season they cannot be faulted and it's just a pity that...

a. they didn't start out like this in 2010 instead of listening to the advice of a crook and a spiv.

and

b. the massive debt that their financial mismanagement incurred will not go away. Makes me wonder if they have given Bowyer the go ahead to make more signings knowing that they are in a 'might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb' situation.

Two of those come under the heading of 'babyhouse' Neil and completely irrelevent. The other we simply don't know anything about.

Can you elaborate on how they're irrelevant? My name is Neal by the way.

Can you elaborate on how they're irrelevant? My name is Neal by the way.

An apology is necessary and relevent? How? Actions speak much louder than words in my book.

Asking to see the manager every 3 months or so? Who cares? Personally I'd have thought you might have been more than glad for them to stay in India!

Now that I have answered your questions Kneel, ^_^ please tell me how you know for certain that they have no plans for the future?

Keep thumping that tub

Who?

Now that I have answered your questions Kneel, ^_^ please tell me how you know for certain that they have no plans for the future?

You know what, I would have gladly carried on this debate with you but seeing as you're pig ignorant and have the mentality of a 5 year old I'll let you get back to CBeebies.

Moron.

He's cost us that game today.

Big mistake by GB cost us 3 points. Why take Gestede off for kane who ain't played 90mins at this level in ages. Gestede would have won that ball but instead Kane didn't and they scored,

Why does he play this way?? Gutted.

GB needs to take advice or we are heading down not up.

Big mistake by GB cost us 3 points. Why take Gestede off for kane who ain't played 90mins at this level in ages. Gestede would have won that ball but instead Kane didn't and they scored,

GB needs to take advice or we are heading down not up.

I would hope the management team watch and analyse videos of both of the last two home games. Just what is happening to give the away team so much of the ball and invite so much pressure in the last 25 minutes? What can be done about it? It certainly needs sorting if we are to have a snowball's chance in Hell of play offs....

P2pGB needs to take advice or we are heading down not up.

This seems presumptuous. Gestede would have won the ball yet Kane didn't?! How do you know what?!

They were killing us down the left so GB brought on Kane to give Henley some defensive support. GB should perhaps have brought on someone sooner to have stemmed the tide from Derby and he seems very reactive rather than proactive at times and has a "let's not lose policy". I think he should be more positive and try and get a second or third goal rather than trying to protect a one goal lead.

Perhaps, like me, GB does not want us promoted.

We would be slaughtered most games in the premier, with what we have at the moment.

It would be sickening paying astronomical prices to watch the Rovers get thumped all season.

Previously,I would have said it simply must be worth it for the money and building the future, but I can't even be sure where the money would go.

I would hope the management team watch and analyse videos of both of the last two home games. Just what is happening to give the away team so much of the ball and invite so much pressure in the last 25 minutes? What can be done about it? It certainly needs sorting if we are to have a snowball's chance in Hell of play offs....

That's easy Leonard. Replace the two bottlers in central midfield with 2 players with a modicum of intelligence who want the ball, try to keep the ball and can snuff out danger.

That's easy Leonard. Replace the two bottlers in central midfield with 2 players with a modicum of intelligence who want the ball, try to keep the ball and can snuff out danger.

Bang on. We can talk about tactics all we like but Lowe and Williamson are simply not good enough and that's a lot to do with it. They made ONE successful tackle in the whole of the Forest match and didn't get near Will Hughes today.

We had passengers on the bench who were there to make up the numbers. Olsson and Morris were never going to come on and Dunn/Mahoney would only come on for 20 mins if we needed a goal. Need new bodies in. King would have replaced Marshall today if he had been fit which would have made a huge difference.

Archived