BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs. Blackburn Rovers- Saturday 26/10/13 3pm.

K-Hod

Thats pretty much the team that played, finished and failed to score a goal at home to a poor Charlton team so what make you think they can do it away.

firstly, every game is different. The players had a off day and didn't perform like we know they can. this can happen

Charlton were defensively solid, well organised and well drilled. but not much else.

the team I have picked most people would have picked at least 9 players. the 2 positions available in the starting 11 IMO are right winger whether it Marshall or Taylor or Judge and whether to play Best if a 4-4-2 formation or play 4-2-3-1 and play Williamson with Lowe central and Cairney in the number 10 role.

I would play 4-2-3-1 formation will Williamson and Lowe central and either Taylor or Marshall on the right wing.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We CANNOT play Cairney as a number 10 again. We've tried that, it doesn't work. If we're playing 4231, 4411 etc. we need to play Judge or Marshall there. In their natural position. And Cairney NEEDS to be in either the 2 or 4 respectively.

We CANNOT play Cairney as a number 10 again. We've tried that, it doesn't work. If we're playing 4231, 4411 etc. we need to play Judge or Marshall there. In their natural position. And Cairney NEEDS to be in either the 2 or 4 respectively.

maybe play Cairney on the right wing with Marshall in the number 10 role???

I think we need a solid centre midfield partnership in Lowe/Williamson in there to make sure we are good defensive

firstly, every game is different. The players had a off day and didn't perform like we know they can. this can happen

Charlton were defensively solid, well organised and well drilled. but not much else.

the team I have picked most people would have picked at least 9 players. the 2 positions available in the starting 11 IMO are right winger whether it Marshall or Taylor or Judge and whether to play Best if a 4-4-2 formation or play 4-2-3-1 and play Williamson with Lowe central and Cairney in the number 10 role.

I would play 4-2-3-1 formation will Williamson and Lowe central and either Taylor or Marshall on the right wing.

Do you not expect Blackpool to be solid well organised and well drilled like Charlton were ?

Plus, how inconsistant have Dann, Marshall, Taylor, Judge, Best, and Williamson been this season to justify a starting position at all ?

Evans is a massive loss - lowe and williamson are classed as defensive midfielders but from what i have seen this mainly refers to them not being able to create going forward, rather than their strengths at defending. If williamson has been fit when he's played recently then he is just ineffective. Lowe covers a lot of ground, but he is a poor mans evans tackling and can't pass forward. Out of the 2 i would pick lowe.

I would play the same back 4 as last week and start cairney and lowe in the centre of midfield with taylor on one wing, king on the other,with marshall off rhodes. I wouldn't start best because he isn't a fraction of the player he thinks he is and him and rhodes clearly don't work well together. Plus we know marshall can score from distant when confident.

We should have beaten charlton, but too many players didn't turn up. Fingers crossed for this one

Should GB galvanize the troops, I still foresee a tough time against a Blackpool side that have done well in spite of having Paul Ince as manager. A point away from home would be a bonus (I'm just going to copypasta that into every away day thread from now on).

Think we will struggle. Can see a 3-1 defeat after taking the lead. 11.39 train from Preston though with the lads, plenty of booze and singing, hotel booked. Result will not spoil. Bring it on. COYB.

That's incredible footage

It's the FA Cup replay February 1960 on the way to the final, Dobing with two goals either side of the Dougan header

32000 on Bloomfield Rd that night but there were an incredible 51000 on Ewood four days earlier

That's how huge the FA Cup was in them days

It's impossible to explain to kids what a wonderful, charismatic thing the FA Cup was and how highly regarded a trip to Wembley - practically impossible other than in the cup - was

I could watch those clips over and over again. Odd that they give me so much enjoyment, given my current lack of enthusiasm.

Weird game this. Blackpool are grinding results out but I don't really see much of a threat from them other than from Tom Ince obviously.

Seen a few of their games and they have certainly rode their luck at times. However as we found out last week, it only takes one sloppy mistake defensively and you lose a game in the 8th minute.

Going for a draw 1-1, but would really love to see Rovers hit the ground running like they did at Bournemouth. Need to get back on track desperately. I fear that Wigan result and the international break combined have really dented progress and confidence.

Anybody know if this game is being broadcast in the local ale houses of Blackburn or Darwen on the foreign sky? It was broadcast last season

could always go to the game???

I'm really looking to the game and day/night out in Blackpool.

Hoping for a Rovers win and full day of drinking

Archived