BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times article

folkdevil

Thanks.Well done for all your work.

Of course, I am curious...and it's not merely prurient.

For my own ability to "move on", I do need to know the ins and outs about b****s, who have so injured the club I love..

You have said enough to confirm my beliefs about certain people, including lifelong Rovers fan of the year!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet that absurd Shaw fella still has a job?

Baudelaire, Burke, Voltaire...now Shakespeare...and to think that thicko, Merson, had the gall to dismiss Rovers fans as numpties!

Meanwhile, I need to see the dossier, unless there is a sound, strategic reason for keeping it under wraps (which there may be...)

No Voltaire as yet (someone got their Voltaire and Burke muddled up) but if you want some that are relevant to Rovers over the last 3 years..............

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere"

"Common sense is not so common."

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices."

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do."

• Backroom

I have been asked the question so will answer the best I can .

Sometimes just because you don't read about it , does not mean it ain't happened or ain't happening .

As a group we had a clear strategy following protest.

1. Gather as much information as possible ( with zero funding was the toughest thing possible as what did people have to gain by spilling what the know , many had everything to lose ).

2. Present any findings if wrong doings were apparent , regardless of strong or weak any information was . To all the football governing bodies including parliament .

After those meetings , we took encouragement from the footballing authorites as we saw their reaction, it was uncomfortable and we knew at that point , we had to be strategic in our next steps to get close enough to the main characters to influence change all the way to the top .

This would need a full scale press campaign , red herrings , strategic planning and reinventing the groups remit and approach .

I spent 17 hours on one phone call with Mark Fish in the aftermath of the authority meetings where we devised a plan and then proposed this to the rest of the committee . This plan took some passing off , but after much discussion it was agreed as the way forward .

15 months on and the key points of that plan have been implemented and the fruits of them has seen the main characters of this horror story removed from Rovers.

Venky's didn't just wake up one day and change their minds on

Certain people . Damning evidence was presented directly to them .

Those responsible for the clubs down fall whose primary aim was to profit from the club was made very uncomfortable . They suddenly saw those out to get them removed having influence beyond anyone's expectation , that influence which I'm sure we will one day write about , one by one cleansed the corridors and corners of the blood suckers . Suddenly the missing pieces of the story were now becoming readily available , more people were speaking out and very quickly the writing was on the wall for those who had systematically dismantled the club.

Going public on everything was never the primary objective , this would just force the FA to punish the very thing we was trying to preserve . The media was a way of communicating with the enemy within , this time and time again hit the jackpot despite the grief we got from sections within our clubs supporter base .

If it was a game of cat and mouse then those responsible were 95% of the time the mouse . The lengths they went to to try and prevent the supporters making it into press was phenomenal , but each time we could second guess their next step and would always return with another right hook .

The day Singh came was the game changer for many many reasons , above all it was the beginning of the end for team Kean . So many things which occurred were planted like mouse traps , and the mice always came for their cheese .

Over the last 15 months people have been removed , business's liquidated and some have gaping holes in their pockets . This was done the only way possible which we thought would provide damage limitation from authority intervention on the club. This was never about our club suffering , it was about those responsible for it's down fall .

The club will rise again from the ashes and once folk stop paying people to not print their findings , many tales will be written .

The truth is in terms of removing those we set out out to remove , this is mission accomplished , some of the things we did and how we did it is really quite unbelievable and I'm sure would be a good read .

As a group is our work done ?

Far from it we continue to grow membership , have open communication with the club and continue to pose the difficult questions both to the club and the clubs legal teams .

Regarding those who have gone , we continue to build a case which can be printed were the findings ensure those people never work in football again

Finally we where in no position any different to any other supporter 2 years ago . In fact in some cases we where more handicapped as we never had an ajar door to walk through for answers. We have had to fight for everything tooth and nail , be that meetings , or information .

Since the groups inception we have raised nearly £70000 for charity , taken the clubs plight to the football authorites , the global media and taken on people whose bank balances are extraordinary , yet they are gone and we are still standing and are due to do a BRFCS podcast soon where we will update people in full what we have been upto

I appreciate what the group has done ofc. Credit to all involved. BUT you did promise to release the dossier if no investigation was forthcoming. No investigation, so is this dossier available anywhere? Even if it's just the facts laid bare (leaving interpretation to the reader)?

That's not a dig or accusation. Just hoping that sometime between now and the end, I'll be able to read everything you claim to know about our downfall.

I appreciate what the group has done ofc. Credit to all involved. BUT you did promise to release the dossier if no investigation was forthcoming. No investigation, so is this dossier available anywhere? Even if it's just the facts laid bare (leaving interpretation to the reader)?

That's not a dig or accusation. Just hoping that sometime between now and the end, I'll be able to read everything you claim to know about our downfall.

As previously mentioned , top top journo's have files upon files on Rovers and can't get it anywhere near print .

At this stage a full scale investigation would only damage what's left of the club now the blood suckers have sucked it dry.

The claim to release anything into the public domain was communication via media to those responsible, it got the desired response from the target audience , which was the owners and Kean , Anderson and associates, and Agnew .

Sometimes words can hit the bullseye far more effectively than the direct action .

I do think at some stage the whole truth will be widely available , however at this point I cannot see how it would benefit the clubs ability to rebuild

As previously mentioned , top top journo's have files upon files on Rovers and can't get it anywhere near print .

Totally agree with that.

He who must not be named amongst other have taken legal action to stop publication. Nick Harris for one has whole load of stuff that he would love to print but can't because of legalities.

However, one day it will all come out.

At this stage a full scale investigation would only damage what's left of the club now the blood suckers have sucked it dry.

The claim to release anything into the public domain was communication via media to those responsible, it got the desired response from the target audience , which was the owners and Kean , Anderson and associates, and Agnew .

Sometimes words can hit the bullseye far more effectively than the direct action .

I do think at some stage the whole truth will be widely available , however at this point I cannot see how it would benefit the clubs ability to rebuild

I appreciate what you are saying but is the club not seriously damaged enough now? With debts spiralling out of control there is a strong belief that our position is hopeless and the future bleak. If this is a inevitability why not take the hit now and get the truth out there and at least the supporters can see the main protagonists squirming.

Also I see that Singh and Shaw don't make your rogues gallery when, looking from the outside they looks as culpable as the other bast@rds.

Glen, the people responsible for the shambles are still " running " the club. You may think we can sup with the devil but I'm saying we can't . Until they are gone our club will never thrive.

The clubs financial position leaves the club needing a miracle not just new owners .

At present I think rovers is unsaleable , it would take an idiot to either consider taking rovers in its current position , the FFP has pretty much made sure that any level of investment is near impossible from anyone crazy enough to buy it.

Those last set of accounts would have sensible buyers running for the hills rather than wanting to take a punt

I appreciate what you are saying but is the club not seriously damaged enough now? With debts spiralling out of control there is a strong belief that our position is hopeless and the future bleak. If this is a inevitability why not take the hit now and get the truth out there and at least the supporters can see the main protagonists squirming.

Also I see that Singh and Shaw don't make your rogues gallery when, looking from the outside they looks as culpable as the other bast@rds.

You're quite right. Looks like some people are trying to run with the hare and the hounds.

There are those who intentionally got involved and knew exactly what they were doing , whilst others are purely just incompetent .

Incompetent is lesser of the two evils , pre-mediated is the bit that stinks .

It's hard to gauge what the majority of supporters want for the next 12 months , but I'm sure a number just want normality , stability and to see the games on a Saturday . I don't think a majority would want any more punishment than what they have already witnessed being imposed by people who quite frankly don't care one jot if Rovers cease to trade tomorrow

There are those who intentionally got involved and knew exactly what they were doing , whilst others are purely just incompetent .

Incompetent is lesser of the two evils , pre-mediated is the bit that stinks .

It's hard to gauge what the majority of supporters want for the next 12 months , but I'm sure a number just want normality , stability and to see the games on a Saturday . I don't think a majority would want any more punishment than what they have already witnessed being imposed by people who quite frankly don't care one jot if Rovers cease to trade tomorrow

Cards on the table where do you see us in 12 months time?

Cards on the table where do you see us in 12 months time?

Honest answer is I don't know , losses continue and we have players tied in on big contracts who we can't shift , many of which Singh brought in , during last summer .

The problem last summer is he had free reign as the directors didn't know his role and did not question his decisions , by the time things got challenged. , we had already blown millions of future expenditure on a subbuteo team .

Add that to the corrupted edge of the previous 2 years and rovers are swimming with concrete flippers .

Even the sale of Rhodes , King , Hanley amongst others in January would not bring us in line with FFP which will guarantee a transfer embargo.

My belief at present is Rovers will continue to downsize on quality within the squad

Honest answer is I don't know , losses continue and we have players tied in on big contracts who we can't shift , many of which Singh brought in , during last summer .

The problem last summer is he had free reign as the directors didn't know his role and did not question his decisions , by the time things got challenged. , we had already blown millions of future expenditure on a subbuteo team .

Add that to the corrupted edge of the previous 2 years and rovers are swimming with concrete flippers .

Even the sale of Rhodes , King , Hanley amongst others in January would not bring us in line with FFP which will guarantee a transfer embargo.

My belief at present is Rovers will continue to downsize on quality within the squad

Glen, do the FA and the dark lord still work together through his business interests? If so the FA are as culpable as anyone by still allowing him to make money through them, yet knowing what he has done!

I appreciate contacts may have been sign regarding these business agreements, but to be still in bed with him and Rovers being a founder member that started off this gravy train they are ALL on board don,t have stick in my throat!

• Backroom

Fair play. Thanks for the reply :)

Glen Mullen said ,if the FA don't act on the information sent to them in the dossier, he would go public with the information.

I presume the dossier has many factual pieces in it that would point the finger at key players ( the dark lord ect) in Rovers destruction, and if we are going to hell in a hand cart lets at lease make these Barstewards squirm.!!

COME ON GLEN LET PANDORA OUT THE BOX,AS THE CLUB HAS NOTHING TO LOOSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The club may have nothing to lose. But the individuals who put the evidence into public domain have. Though I think it is possible that soon, somebody will be willing to take the risk and ignore the threats from a certain person.

Downsize much more and we'll be relegated

Personally, I think relegation is inevitable given our financial situation. I don't see us getting in the Play-offs this season so players will have to be sold next summer and the economies will see us having to play the lads who are in the Under-21's - who are bottom of the League - and the Under-18's, who won their first game in nine last Saturday. Unless there are some radical changes I can't see how we survive in the Championship. Sadly, I think our owners have done far too much damage to the club for it to recover. Ultimately, I suspect they will leave at some point and the club will have to regroup in the lower divisions. However, football is moving at such a pace at the moment, in terms of finance, that I suspect we will be stranded in those lower divisions for years to come as the gap between the Rovers and the Premier League will simply be too huge to bridge. I fully expect us to return to what we were in the early 1970s - a Third Division club, without a penny to our name and struggling to attract more that three or four thousand to home games.

Totally agree with that.

He who must not be named amongst other have taken legal action to stop publication. Nick Harris for one has whole load of stuff that he would love to print but can't because of legalities.

However, one day it will all come out.

I honestly believe that anybody who has been keeping up with this forum and reading between the lines has a good understanding of what has been going on. This information has been systematically and carefully put in the public domain through drip feeding. Those responsible will have been watching this and wincing, without being able to prevent it. Step back take stock and i think as fans we know a large percentage of who is responsible and how. Do we really need any more confirmation of this?? NO we know enough and have a big enough picture for the time being. Now is the time to take stock and try and damage limit as the future of our club hangs delicately-we as fans need to get behind the team and GB as they paper over the cracks. I couldn't agree more with the comments of Glen and the strategies used.

It needs to come out so everyone else knows what we know.

So prats like merson and moyes can be embarrassed.

So the media have to discuss it

So the fa are highlighted as incompetent old jobs for the boys fools

So he who cant be named never works in football again

So kean without question never gets a job in anything football related again in this country

Personally, I think relegation is inevitable given our financial situation. I don't see us getting in the Play-offs this season so players will have to be sold next summer and the economies will see us having to play the lads who are in the Under-21's - who are bottom of the League - and the Under-18's, who won their first game in nine last Saturday. Unless there are some radical changes I can't see how we survive in the Championship. Sadly, I think our owners have done far too much damage to the club for it to recover. Ultimately, I suspect they will leave at some point and the club will have to regroup in the lower divisions. However, football is moving at such a pace at the moment, in terms of finance, that I suspect we will be stranded in those lower divisions for years to come as the gap between the Rovers and the Premier League will simply be too huge to bridge. I fully expect us to return to what we were in the early 1970s - a Third Division club, without a penny to our name and struggling to attract more that three or four thousand to home games.

Without Tony Field too .

After all thats happened and all we know or think we know reading between the lines, I cant believe there isnt cause for rovers/venkys to take legal action against some of these keans that have been part of our downfall

Archived