BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mechanics flown to India to repair Balaji's 1989 Jaguar

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/24/mechanic-pair-flown-to-india-just-to-repair-blackburn-rovers-owners-1989-jaguar-4200184/

They were put up in the Mumbai Marriott hotel and given 24-hour access to their own personal taxi.

Mr Rao owns a fleet of cars including Rolls-Royces, Mercedes and Bentleys. But the mechanics flew in to service just his Jag, which has 32,000 miles on the clock.

Mr Philpott said: ‘You’re thinking, “why bother?” until we saw the car. It’s like new and in absolutely mint condition. I think he flies in other mechanics to do all the rest of his cars.’

Just thought I would share this story...

Words fail me on this one.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non story for me its their money they can do as they please

Given that they own a football club and its fans are worried to death about the debt being racked up and that they might shut it down at some point, I think they should be more responsible and tactful.

• Backroom

Given that they own a football club and its fans are worried to death about the debt being racked up and that they might shut it down at some point, I think they should be more responsible and tactful.

In an ideal world yes but its pretty clear they couldn't give a damn about the club or its fans, plus in the grand scheme of things this probably cost him the same as paying someone like Bradley Orr for a week

When we go bust it won't be because the fat one likes nice cars.

If you think they give two hoots about Rovers fans you're more naive than you already appear.

How come he can seek the correct qualified people to fix each of his prestige cars but can't seem to apply the same logic throught his football club/team ? Perhaps we ain't prestiges enough. Should have bought Utd Balaji lad !

How come he can seek the correct qualified people to fix each of his prestige cars but can't seem to apply the same logic throught his football club/team ? Perhaps we ain't prestiges enough. Should have bought Utd Balaji lad !

My thoughts exactly. Flies in a suitably qualified mechanic for his cars, but believes that Rovers are better off managed by novices. Great.

Not really, completely separate from and irrelevant to our plight and about as meaningful as complaining that someone has taken their car to a main dealer for service instead of saving money by going to a dodgy back street garage.

I disagree. Whilst I don't think it's that pertinent to our balance sheet, the display of ostentatious wealth may not be in the faces of Blackburn fans like them turning up in Rollers at Ewood, but it seems he treats his ostentatious collection of cars with greater care than he has treated this club.

so you'll forgive me if I wish to throw a virtual snow-ball their way and I hope this thread hasn't delayed you too much as you go about your day :)

Who cares? However just as an aside it's a plug ugly Jag. Worst and most unappealing jag ever made. I could understand it with a D Type or an XK 150 or XJ 220 or similar but the XJS was abysmal. I must say given his taste in other things this doesn't surprise me.

Who cares? However just as an aside it's a plug ugly Jag. Worst and most unappealing jag ever made. I could understand it with a D Type or an XK 150 or XJ 220 or similar but the XJS was abysmal. I must say given his taste in other things this doesn't surprise me.

how on earth did you not mention a type 2 e-type hardtop when listings nice jags. and to think I thought you were a conisserour?

It'll look so much worse with that fat chump sat behind the wheel.

What's wrong with an E Type?

see a connoisseur.

My thoughts exactly. Flies in a suitably qualified mechanic for his cars, but believes that Rovers are better off managed by novices. Great.

That is what I took from the thread. If you care about something, you pay for the best qualified practitioners...but I have to admit I also thought...spoilt, self indulgent plonker...

how on earth did you not mention a type 2 e-type hardtop when listings nice jags. and to think I thought you were a conisserour?

see a connoisseur.

I meant to include the iconic E Type (I'd have killed for one of these as a youngster death penalty or not!) but imo the Series (not type) 1 convertable, the one with the glass streamlined headlights was the most beautiful of the lot. Series 2 had been redesigned to give way to the foibles of the US market.

I meant to include the iconic E Type (I'd have killed for one of these as a youngster death penalty or not!) but imo the Series (not type) 1, the one with the glass streamlined headlights was the most beautiful of the lot. Series 2 had been redesigned to give way to the foibles of the US market.

aye I'll give you the series but my old man has one we refurbished together opalescent silver blue and all original. great in a straight line and weak willed round corners but a beauty none the less.

That is actually a very good point, I hadn't looked at it from that point of view.

Just hope that if he is spotted in a restaurant eating lobster at any point we don't have a "Fans fury as supporters demand Balaji switch to fish fingers" type thread. Whilst I think as supporters we have the right to request and expect they sort out the financial mess the Club is in, what they spend their money on in their own time is their business entirelt.

As a side note, if it was an XJS we're on about I liked them.Superb engine on the V12 and hugely iconic symbol of the 70's in the same way the E type was of the 60's.

Archived