BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wonder if we will play a strong side tonight. I don't see why we need to rest players because of the world cup, as has been suggested. Certainly the ones that came off the bench on Sunday could play. If we use too many U18s, I will be disappointed.

The first team squad are all on holiday.

59 minutes ago, rigger said:

I wonder if we will play a strong side tonight. I don't see why we need to rest players because of the world cup, as has been suggested. Certainly the ones that came off the bench on Sunday could play. If we use too many U18s, I will be disappointed.

Disappointed?  Kids footie mate.

What’s the crack with parking? With there being 100 or so on I’m picturing being able to effectively drive right up to the ground and park on that car park then have zero issues getting off afterwards.

Just seems a bit of a trek from the usual spot near the havelock for such a game. 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

What’s the crack with parking? With there being 100 or so on I’m picturing being able to effectively drive right up to the ground and park on that car park then have zero issues getting off afterwards.

Just seems a bit of a trek from the usual spot near the havelock for such a game. 

Loads of easy parking, and getting away is no problem

11 minutes ago, matt83 said:

For these matches I usually park on Bolton Road itself. The restrictions are lifted after 7 pm

47 minutes ago, Hasta said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_International_Cup

Porto seem to take this seriously, have won the competition twice and have been runners up once.

Most of our players with first team experience will be absent.

Porto 5/6, Draw No Bet  seems a knocking bet.

I only really use betfred, coral and skybet, can't find odds on this game on any of those three.

Finished 1-1. Good result since we had 10 men since the 42nd minute (Harlock sent off), which I've only just seen in the match report. I wasn't watching it.

Fielded an inexperienced team. Never even heard of 'Litherland', who started, I'm guessing in defence.

Edited by bluebruce

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Finished 1-1. Good result since we had 10 men since the 42nd minute (Harlock sent off), which I've only just seen in the match report. I wasn't watching it.

Fielded an inexperienced team. Never even heard of 'Litherland', who started, I'm guessing in defence.

Proper Blackburn lad.  Used to go school with his dad (I feel old)

• Like 1

It was indeed a really young team who held their own and fully deserved a draw despite playing over half the game with ten men. Porto were pretty good with their gamesmanship and were frustrated at the end and tried to take this out on the Rovers players at the final whistle when a melee developed. All in all a decent watch and it was good to see a fully committed Rovers team after the sham performance on Sunday.

• Like 3

I enjoyed that. Porto had about 5 black lads that looked about 10 foot tall. Probably fortunate to get a draw all in all but still always disappointing to concede in injury time.

Thought the rovers lads on the left put a decent shift in but had no idea who they were (batty/gent 🤷‍♂️) and the lad up front (Leonard) looked decent if a little isolated, even more so in the 2nd half for obvious reasons. Going forward Eastham should be looking to dethrone pears as the no 2. 

• Like 1

1-1 versus Porto B, a fair result all in all. The effort put in by the youngsters was fantastic, especially when we played the second half with ten men. The team will be disappointed to concede the equaliser in injury time. But it was a great effort. I felt sorry for Sam Burns, within minutes of him coming on as a sub, we had Harlock sent off for a strong tackle, and Burns was asked to cover in midfield. Nobody stood out, but it was refreshing to see Eastham using long quick kicks to get Portos defenders turning.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I enjoyed that. Porto had about 5 black lads that looked about 10 foot tall. Probably fortunate to get a draw all in all but still always disappointing to concede in injury time.

Thought the rovers lads on the left put a decent shift in but had no idea who they were (batty/gent 🤷‍♂️) and the lad up front (Leonard) looked decent if a little isolated, even more so in the 2nd half for obvious reasons. Going forward Eastham should be looking to dethrone pears as the no 2. 

Batty played at left back, Gent left side of midfield, but almost as left wing-back. It is a shame that Burns did not get his chance to show how effective he is up front with Leonard. I would be tempted to leave Pears on the first team bench, and keep Eastham playing be it with our U21s, or on loan.

• Backroom
37 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Batty is a player I'm very excited about for next year. Reminds me very much of Stephen Warnock.

18 hours ago, rigger said:

I see the official site has both the U21s v Celtic, and the firsts v Forest, being played on the 20th Dec at Ewood. The strange thing is that they are selling tickets for the U21s but not the first team. 

I smell another farce from the rovers hierarchy. I guarantee they won’t have realised yet and will frantically relocate it to Leyland or somewhere. 

• Like 1