BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

We were flattered by a 2-1 defeat today against a good Brighton team. Jordan Eastham kept us in it with a string of great saves but him aside nobody took the eye. Dack getting sent off clearly didn't help but I think with a full team we would still have lost.

What by gobbing off! He needs to knuckle down and get over the fact his missus is away - needs to be professional because if he don’t he won’t get a move as no club will touch him. I thinking he had got a good 65 mins today and then the same on Wednesday he might have been an option on Sunday 

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

"Get over the fact this his missus is away" is one hell of a fabricated narrative.

Being sent off for dissent is really stupid by Dack but there is clearly frustration that anyone would have if massively inferior players kept getting chose in preference to you.

They may be inferior in your view but he isn’t fit enough to do the job he is required to do! No manager would omit a player who had his ability if he was fit and indeed if rumours are true he hasn’t been putting the effort in during training sessions at the club!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

They may be inferior in your view but he isn’t fit enough to do the job he is required to do! No manager would omit a player who had his ability if he was fit and indeed if rumours are true he hasn’t been putting the effort in during training sessions at the club!

Rumours is the key word. We don't know if he isn't putting the effort in, they might have had an argument, he might be under pressure to jettison a high earner, we simply don't know. What I do know is that Vale and Hirst are not good enough and them being on the pitch over Dack is not to the benefit of Rovers.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rumours is the key word. We don't know if he isn't putting the effort in, they might have had an argument, he might be under pressure to jettison a high earner, we simply don't know. What I do know is that Vale and Hirst are not good enough and them being on the pitch over Dack is not to the benefit of Rovers.

And Dolan.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would he be under any pressure to jettison Dack cos of his wages? 

We are second in the league without any major impact from Dack in all honestly the team is moving on from Dack and that it's appears that JDT's plans don't have Dack has any more than abit part player. Is JDT wrong for not selecting Dack when you consider our position in the league table and point table? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We are second in the league without any major impact from Dack in all honestly the team is moving on from Dack and that it's appears that JDT's plans don't have Dack has any more than abit part player. Is JDT wrong for not selecting Dack when you consider our position in the league table and point table? 

It's just as credible a theory as the one that he isn't grafting, I am just speculating but with more and more of a focus to reduce our wage budget, then surely the removal of one of our high earners has an element of sense to it.

Football is judged on results so every time we win then Tomasson can justify it. But did we win yesterday BECAUSE Vale (and Dolan) were brought on and Dack wasn't? No, both really struggled and couldn't get us up the pitch. Every time we have gone a goal up, we have won, but we have never come back after conceding, which thankfully has only happened once in the last 6 games. But Tomasson CAN be questioned on his ability to get back into games, and I feel like Dack has either been brought on either too late or not at all, in favour of inferior players who have not gone on to change those games, so criticism in that regard is fair. We are better off going forward with Dack being regularly used than not, especially when some of our attacking options are so shoddy.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When you consider that we have lost every game we have gone behind in, and in only 1 game have we even scored a goal when we have gone behind, then yes I think he is wrong for refusing to use Dack properly in those situations.

Losing every game we concede first in, and failing to score in 7 out of 8 of them, surely backs that up. Or do you think JDT has made the correct decisions in the second half of those games we have been trailing in? (Wigan, Coventry, Luton etc..)

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

They would if they were a grinning idiot.

What rumours, oh right you mean misinformed gossip

Edited by AllRoverAsia

48 minutes ago, Hasta said:

When you consider that we have lost every game we have gone behind in, and in only 1 game have we even scored a goal when we have gone behind, then yes I think he is wrong for refusing to use Dack properly in those situations.

Losing every game we concede first in, and failing to score in 7 out of 8 of them, surely backs that up. Or do you think JDT has made the correct decisions in the second half of those games we have been trailing in? (Wigan, Coventry, Luton etc..)

In the land of the blue tinted glasses JDT only does correct.

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It's just as credible a theory as the one that he isn't grafting, I am just speculating but with more and more of a focus to reduce our wage budget, then surely the removal of one of our high earners has an element of sense to it.

Is there a focus on reducing our wage budget right now? I would say no there isn't but focusing on building a team that can play the way JDT wants and get us promote and stay there. 

I would say that Dack just doesn't suit how and what JDT wants from his players on and off the ball. 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Football is judged on results so every time we win then Tomasson can justify it. But did we win yesterday BECAUSE Vale (and Dolan) were brought on and Dack wasn't? No, both really struggled and couldn't get us up the pitch. Every time we have gone a goal up, we have won, but we have never come back after conceding, which thankfully has only happened once in the last 6 games. But Tomasson CAN be questioned on his ability to get back into games, and I feel like Dack has either been brought on either too late or not at all, in favour of inferior players who have not gone on to change those games, so criticism in that regard is fair. We are better off going forward with Dack being regularly used than not, especially when some of our attacking options are so shoddy.

We won yesterday cos the team won the game, and we get the points by having better quality at key times and being resolute and battling for the points. 

Yes of course JDT can be questioned on the team not being able to get back into games and JDT and the players need to look at that problem, but a couple of other teams are similar in the championship as Sky Commentator said during the Coventry away game. 

On Vale's performance yesterday, He was decent enough for me. Show a couple of good moments of link up play. 

29 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I still think some Rovers fans focus on Dack far too much and Fans think he is our saviour every time. 

Yes I think JDT has made some mistakes in games, and I ever said yesterday in the Huddersfield match thread that I thought he should have brought on Garrett for Gallagher and not Scott Wharton and go 5 at the back. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I think JDT has made some mistakes in games, and I ever said yesterday in the Huddersfield match thread that I thought he should have brought on Garrett for Gallagher and not Scott Wharton and go 5 at the back. 

Ok. So JDT IS wrong for not selecting Dack in those situations. Which is basically the point most of us are making.
Our league position shows Dack shouldn’t be starting because the way JDT has us playing probably doesn’t suit Dack. And our league position is full credit to the manager. But the angst is coming from the fact when we need a goal he is getting ignored. 

Edited by Hasta

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Is there a focus on reducing our wage budget right now? I would say no there isn't but focusing on building a team that can play the way JDT wants and get us promote and stay there. 

I would say that Dack just doesn't suit how and what JDT wants from his players on and off the ball. 

We won yesterday cos the team won the game, and we get the points by having better quality at key times and being resolute and battling for the points. 

Yes of course JDT can be questioned on the team not being able to get back into games and JDT and the players need to look at that problem, but a couple of other teams are similar in the championship as Sky Commentator said during the Coventry away game. 

On Vale's performance yesterday, He was decent enough for me. Show a couple of good moments of link up play. 

I still think some Rovers fans focus on Dack far too much and Fans think he is our saviour every time. 

I’d have brought Garrett on as well. That and put Brererton up the middle instead of leaving him out on the left wing were he was basically out of the game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Ok. So JDT IS wrong for not selecting Dack in those situations. Which is basically the point most of us are making.
Our league position shows Dack shouldn’t be starting because the way JDT has us playing probably doesn’t suit Dack. And our league position is full credit to the manager. But the angst is coming from the fact when we need a goal he is getting ignored. 

I've never said he was wrong for not bring Dack on tho in my post. 

Do you not think that there is far too much focus on Dack not being involve more in the games

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have brought Garrett on as well. That and put Brereton up the middle instead of leaving him out on the left wing were he was basically out of the game.

I wouldn't move BBD central cos his best position is attacking from the left. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've never said he was wrong for not bring Dack on tho in my post. 

Do you not think that there is far too much focus on Dack not being involve more in the games

I wouldn't move BBD central cos his best position is attacking from the left. 

I know that but we needed him to be where he was most likely to get the ball given we  were just booting it down field most of the time.

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No I don’t.

When we win like yesterday then it shouldn’t be an issue. But when we put in a stinking away performance like at Coventry it should be the first question on everybody’s lips. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No I don’t.

When we win like yesterday then it shouldn’t be an issue. But when we put in a stinking away performance like at Coventry it should be the first question on everybody’s lips. 

Well we have to agree to disagree on this cos I stand by my comments that there is far too much focus on Dack every game whether we win or lose

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

On talent he should be on the bench - albeit he clearly can't turn anymore after those two knee injuries.

Obviously something has gone on behind the scenes - we'll find out what eventually. 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Just who and where has said there is direct focus to lower wages and sell high earners ? That is just pure speculation in itself with little foundation whereas Dack rumours about training issues are out there from various sources including his beloved wag

• Like 1