BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

No it’s absolutely not objective. Some players won’t challenge for a header they know they have little chance of winning.

Thus being sh*te in the air... 

5 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Are people seriously saying that Phillips is ready right now? It’s been obvious to me after seeing him a couple of times that he’s just not. We’ve clearly promised him first team minutes to sign the contract, which is why he’s being played at times now when he wouldn’t be on merit alone. Whether the long term gains outweigh the short term pain of this approach remains to be seen, if he eventually turns into a £30m player it will probably have been worth us conceding a few poor goals early on in his career.

He's rightly 5th choice - he'll get the odd game here and there and a few substitute appearances whilst training with the first team.

That'll do wonders for his development - personally I'd have him shadowing Ayala.

45 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

That is your view mine is different ! I like the look and speed of LC very fleet of foot low centre of gravity and good with the ball also has the ability to pass the ball

In my opinion this would be the ranking of our left wing/full-backs : Pickering, Mola, Batty, Edun, Cirano, Gent. I don't think the last three will make it at Championship level. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Cirino is now 20, he needs a stint out on loan I think.  Bit of mens football for a bit see if he can cement a place in a national league side or similar

Yeah I think if he goes it'll be VNL or VNLN. Not a huge range of clubs in the VNL in the local area though - Altrincham and Oldham the only two and I can't see him breaking in there. Of course he could go further afield but not always the best option for a first time loan.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Yeah I think if he goes it'll be VNL or VNLN. Not a huge range of clubs in the VNL in the local area though - Altrincham and Oldham the only two and I can't see him breaking in there. Of course he could go further afield but not always the best option for a first time loan.

A lad i know he's out at Chester from PNE at moment, very good left back.  Being out on loan has done him world of good, first choice at Chester gives him a good base to challenge next season for a first team place....Cirino needs that before we can throw him into proper football.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JoeH said:

Thus being sh*te in the air... 

I think you have misunderstood, which is worrying for someone who supposedly works in the industry, though not surprising. The player that wouldn’t challenge for headers they know that they have little chance of winning would have an artificially inflated win % that doesn’t accurately reflect their aerial prowess. Win % on its own is absolutely not objective until you fully understand the context behind it.

Edited by RV Blue

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

which is worrying for someone who supposedly works in the industry

I didn't realise the veracity of my position was so questionable.

I don't know what more proof would be needed.

3 hours ago, RV Blue said:

The player that wouldn’t challenge for headers they know that they have little chance of winning would have an artificially inflated win % that doesn’t accurately reflect their aerial prowess. Win % on its own is absolutely not objective until you fully understand the context behind it.

And yes, okay, the two metrics Aerial Duel % and Aerial Duels (total) would always be paired together, but that was a given.

22 hours ago, JoeH said:

I didn't realise the veracity of my position was so questionable.

I don't know what more proof would be needed.

And yes, okay, the two metrics Aerial Duel % and Aerial Duels (total) would always be paired together, but that was a given.

Glad we both agree that win % on its own is not objective. Congrats on the new role Joe, if you need any further help or advice you know where I am.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Glad we both agree that win % on its own is not objective. Congrats on the new role Joe, if you need any further help or advice you know where I am.

Baffled by the animosity!