BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am said since last summer I would have given him a new contract since the summer. I have watched him develop from the under 18's here. 

JDT has a better chance than most coaches given his experience as striker. 

Well, I look forward to when Vale proves you wrong cos, I will quote this post when he does that. Vale was good against Blackpool and almost scored there. Not interested in his loan spells either. It's about now and the future. 

I hope he does prove me wrong, nobody would be more happy than me. It is pretty telling that the highlight so far was a shot saved by the keeper, mentioned more than once. Carter and Wharton did well out on loan and it was a sign that they could do well for our first team, Vale didn't so in the interest of balance it is still worth noting that he struggled, maybe it is a sign.

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What? My point was responding to rigger who implied that people moan about contracts either way, I said that it depends on the player, we should ideally only hand contracts to ones of value to us. The departees last year all have value, as do the likes of Wharton and Phillips for whom their deals were met with widespread praise. Vale seemingly has more doubters hence why the reaction is not as warm.

Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe have gone, and we need to move on instead of keep mentioning it alot on the time. 

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I hope he does prove me wrong, nobody would be more happy than me. It is pretty telling that the highlight so far was a shot saved by the keeper, mentioned more than once. Carter and Wharton did well out on loan and it was a sign that they could do well for our first team, Vale didn't so in the interest of balance it is still worth noting that he struggled, maybe it is a sign.

with JDT has said he has improved all aspects of game since JDT came in

JDT also mentions that Blackpool game and that shot also. 

"He’s improved in all aspects of his game" | rovers.co.uk

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rothwell, Lenihan and Nyambe have gone, and we need to move on instead of keep mentioning it alot on the time. 

with JDT has said he has improved all aspects of game since JDT came in

JDT also mentions that Blackpool game and that shot also. 

"He’s improved in all aspects of his game" | rovers.co.uk

You don't have to be a total echo chamber for every word that JDT utters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You don't have to be a total echo chamber for every word that JDT utters.

Ive mentioned that Blackpool a few times to you before JDT even mentioned it today. So maybe JDT is echoing me actually or that we have similar thoughts. You clearly disagree with JDT and Me on Vale which is fine by me. 

It’s abit odd that batty hasn’t had more game time or been on the bench when you consider how many people rave about him and the amount of youngsters getting a chance. 
I’d be interested to see what he could do particularly with the lack of depth on that side

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t expect Phillips to ready to hold down a first team place at his age. Centre halves need maturity more than most other positions and that only comes with time. How many other 18 year old centre halves are there playing regular first team games in the football league ?

Still only 17 until June actually. Very young lad.

10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

New 3 year contract for Jack Vale.

Bit of a head scratcher for me, unless they're just securing him as an asset for a future sale as he looks way off the standard for the Championship.

The fates of Sam Burns and Connor McBride, compared to Jack Vale, show how fine the margins are between success and failure, when it comes to securing minutes and new deals - and how luck plays a part. Whilst, I think, Vale has been the most prolific, in terms of goals per game (I'm guessing here), all three were regular goalscorers at U23/21 level - and largely unspectacular during lower league and even, non-league loan spells (though Burns scored some goals during a month at FC United and Vale had injury problems during his loans). 

Vale, however, has got his break and a new deal and the others are disappearing without trace. I suppose the Welsh U21 caps adds value to Jack Vale and raises both his profile and possible transfer market value, so giving him a new deal (though, I think a 2 year deal might have been more appropriate) has commercial sense - if the club play it wisely. As long as he scores a few goals from sub appearances, you would think that he might grow in confidence and form - or attract a buyer.

Edited by riverholmes

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

And out-jumped for Brums goal on Saturday.

Wasn't he out-jumped by Lukas Jutkiewicz, who is capable of out-jumping all but maybe a small handful of centre-backs in the Championship?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Wasn't he out-jumped by Lukas Jutkiewicz, who is capable of out-jumping all but maybe a small handful of centre-backs in the Championship?

You made my point for me.👍

Not sure he'd have done Ayala or Hyam so comfortably...the lad was tired should have been replaced or left out

Edited by Sparks Rover

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

He was but I thought he was a touch naive and hopefully he will learn from situations like this. Jutkiewicz got up slightly before Phillips and pinned him down. Hopefully this has been picked up by the coaching team and being worked on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So were Hyam, Wharton and Carter. That #10 beat all of our back line in the air.

the goal was because AP didnt win his battle.  He was tired and too weak.   The other stuff you mention is irrelevant as no goals were conceded.

Edited by Sparks Rover

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

He was but I thought he was a touch naive and hopefully he will learn from situations like this. Jutkiewicz got up slightly before Phillips and pinned him down. Hopefully this has been picked up by the coaching team and being worked on.

Yep, spot on.  Its an experience and maturation issue.  His body cannot play a full 90 mins in that position, especially as other teams bring on fresh forwards on 60+ minutes, plus he doesn't have the experience to recoginise his opponents strength and use his body to at least take him off balance.  Its an age thing, he'll learn but i just hope it doesn't cost us points whilst he is learning and growing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

I’m a huge Ash Phillips fan, it wouldn’t surprise me if he captained England one day. But nobody can argue that as a centre back, Phillips has to win that header and the reason Hyam was off-guard was everybody expected him to win the header.

Like Arbito says, he was naive and hopefully he will learn from that. We got away with it. 

• Like 4