BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

14 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Fair enough, you saw the match and I didn't but I can't help thinking your analysis is harsh. Granted there's room for improvement; but if a young forward tries things and they don't come off I don't mind that (indeed it should be actively encouraged), so long as he's doing it in the right areas of the pitch. 

Because sometimes those things he tries result in a shot that hits the post that he or a teammate can score from on the rebound, or a penalty, or a goal. If a forward manages to score a goal and get an assist each match, that'll keep every manager happy.

It may be harsh, but it is true. Just before he scored, it looked like Walker was coming on to replace him. Lets see if JDT takes him with the first team tomorrow. 

sorry, know this is the academy thread but there was some talk about Dack.

The days of 'all round players' are dying. There are no Gerrard's anymore, if there is, they don't play in the championship. There are attackers and there are defenders.

Dack is a goal scorer, and the very best at doing that in the whole division. If he was asked to stand on the penalty spot for 90 mins all season he'd still move about and score 15 goals. If you asked Gallagher to he'd be lucky to touch 5.

We've scored 1 goal in 6 (I think?) on the road and he's getting 4/5 mins here and there. It's fucking mind numbing. A few tactical masterclasses doesn't absolve JDT of the blame of leaving our best player on the bench when we need a goal.

I thought Jake Garrett had a really good game and its someone I would be looking to get involved in the first team squad soon. Can tackle, pass and scored a good goal on Wednesday. 

Markanday is someone who has talent as he shown with that volley but reading JDT's comments today he wants more from him off the ball which I can understand 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Jake Garrett had a really good game and its someone I would be looking to get involved in the first team squad soon. Can tackle, pass and scored a good goal on Wednesday. 

Markanday is someone who has talent as he shown with that volley but reading JDT's comments today he wants more from him off the ball which I can understand 

JDT probably want more from Markanday on the ball, never mind off the ball.

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Wonder what JDT wants from Smozzie on and off the ball. Paid a lot of money for him and id put Markanday in the team above him. 

24 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Wonder what JDT wants from Smozzie on and off the ball. Paid a lot of money for him and id put Markanday in the team above him. 

I would put Vale and Leonard ahead of Markanday.

U21s lucky to get a draw against a good West Ham side. We were poor today. We went 2-0 up against the run of play, then seemed to stop competing. Hirst was the worst of the lot, although non of the supposed first teamers showed much. Markanday was again poor but scored, he is not a winger. Mola is not a center-half. JRC and Buckley looked tired. West Hams number 4 (Ekwah) had the freedom of the pitch. Leonard put in a decent shift.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rigger said:

U21s lucky to get a draw against a good West Ham side. We were poor today. We went 2-0 up against the run of play, then seemed to stop competing. Hirst was the worst of the lot, although non of the supposed first teamers showed much. Markanday was again poor but scored, he is not a winger. Mola is not a center-half. JRC and Buckley looked tired. West Hams number 4 (Ekwah) had the freedom of the pitch. Leonard put in a decent shift.

Hirst isn't good enough for our 21s...why is he here.?

• Like 1

Just now, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Buckley is a big concern. If JDT doesn't fancy him I can understand but we can’t afford to keep such a talented player in the U21’s

He’ll play on Tuesday. 

Kaminski 

Hyam Phillips Wharton 

Brittain Wharton Buckley Morton Pickering 

Gallagher BBD. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Buckley is a big concern. If JDT doesn't fancy him I can understand but we can’t afford to keep such a talented player in the U21’s

The main problem is he hasn't played like he is talented this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You’d think he’d be ok playing deeper from a skill set point of view but in reality he’s struggled there.

He does not get time on the ball playing deep especially when teams employ a high press. Up until yesterday Rovers have deployed a midfield two against a three which usually allows two to hunt him down and maybe the three may help him although he is low on confidence

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 2