BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Charlie Weston might have a chance if he kicks on. Has a football brain and decent all-round ability as a midfielder. 

For me the only three that will stand a chance of making the first team are, Adam Wharton , Phillips and Batty. All the rest will, manage at U21s level or may even get loans away. But that will be their level. Pratt may also have a chance if he is playing in a team that wants a no-nonsence defender. 

Edited by rigger

2 hours ago, rigger said:

For me the only three that will stand a chance of making the first team are, Adam Wharton , Phillips and Batty. All the rest will, manage at U21s level or may even get loans away. But that will be their level. Pratt may also have a chance if he is playing in a team that wants a no-nonsence defender. 

The chances are at least one or two will come through who aren't being highly anticipated too (and probably that one or more of the three you mentioned won't make it how we hope). Just the nature of the game I expect you'll agree, especially with young players who can improve or stagnate suddenly.

I don't get to see much of the youth teams sadly, but what little I do see, and the plenty I hear on here, we seem to have a good overall crop, and a few players' names keep cropping up as having potential. Hopefully one or more of them surprises you.

Garrett and Harlock (or was it Haddow?) don't seem to be too far off the first team picture as they've made matchday squads. I thought you really rated Burns?

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The chances are at least one or two will come through who aren't being highly anticipated too (and probably that one or more of the three you mentioned won't make it how we hope). Just the nature of the game I expect you'll agree, especially with young players who can improve or stagnate suddenly.

I don't get to see much of the youth teams sadly, but what little I do see, and the plenty I hear on here, we seem to have a good overall crop, and a few players' names keep cropping up as having potential. Hopefully one or more of them surprises you.

Garrett and Harlock (or was it Haddow?) don't seem to be too far off the first team picture as they've made matchday squads. I thought you really rated Burns?

I did, in fact I still do rate Burns. To me he has everything you would want from a high press forward. JDT doesn't seem to rate him and his is the opinion that counts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

What about Chmiel? He's with the Polish U19s & seems highly regarded too.

I have not seen enough of Chmiel to give an opinion.

With the U21s playing at home on the same days as the first team, I doubt I will get to see much of him this season either. 

Edited by rigger

Just now, bluebruce said:

The new regime, all the noises suggest it came from JDT personally.

Can't say I see any logic in it myself, other than I guess helping them in terms of getting used to the timings & routine of a first team match? Seems a bit excessive, but if JDT & co are showing that level of detailed analysis then they're certainly looking at every possible chance of developing the club.

22 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Can't say I see any logic in it myself, other than I guess helping them in terms of getting used to the timings & routine of a first team match? Seems a bit excessive, but if JDT & co are showing that level of detailed analysis then they're certainly looking at every possible chance of developing the club.

JDT wants the players playing at weekend's so the players can train together through the week and also he can have a look at more under 21's players training with the first team. I can understand that even if it's means not attend to games of the under 21's

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT wants the players playing at weekend's so the players can train together through the week and also he can have a look at more under 21's players training with the first team. I can understand that even if it's means not attend to games of the under 21's

Cheers Chaddy.

I don't see how playing on a Saturday afternoon instead of a Friday night affords much more time for joint training with the first team, other than perhaps missing the Friday first team session, but wouldn't that be likely to be dedicated solely to prepping for the next match?

What do I know, it just seems a shame if crowds have dropped off for the kids, esp as the U21s have started the season slowly.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

But why are both teams playing at home on the same day ?

The norm in the past has been to have the acadamy team at home, when the first team is away.

3 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Cheers Chaddy.

I don't see how playing on a Saturday afternoon instead of a Friday night affords much more time for joint training with the first team, other than perhaps missing the Friday first team session, but wouldn't that be likely to be dedicated solely to prepping for the next match?

What do I know, it just seems a shame if crowds have dropped off for the kids, esp as the U21s have started the season slowly.

I guess it's in case we lose a few players overnight due to illness or covid, But JDT wants each team training the same days and allow him to have a look at a few young players

1 hour ago, rigger said:

But why are both teams playing at home on the same day ?

That's how the fixtures were schedule this season I guess 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The norm in the past has been to have the acadamy team at home, when the first team is away.

when was the norm? 

59 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess it's in case we lose a few players overnight due to illness or covid, But JDT wants each team training the same days and allow him to have a look at a few young players

If the U21s played on a different day, he could go and have a look at a few young players playing an actual match instead of training.

• Like 3

On 24/09/2022 at 21:39, bluebruce said:

If the U21s played on a different day, he could go and have a look at a few young players playing an actual match instead of training.

Yes it's a complete stupid decision with people trying to make out it's some managerial genius new idea.  He needs to get down and watch a few matches old JDT

On 24/09/2022 at 21:39, bluebruce said:

Well I understand what you mean but JDT wants it this way. Stuart Jones and Mike Sheron rely all the info back to him about performances and JDT is happy with this

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I understand what you mean but JDT wants it this way. Stuart Jones and Mike Sheron rely all the info back to him about performances and JDT is happy with this

I don't think anybody disputes that he wants it this way. That's why he is doing it this way, because he wants it. I and some others think the logic is very questionable, and that's what we're discussing - the merits or demerits to Blackburn Rovers FC, not whether the manager is happy with a decision he himself has made.

Thinking it's the wrong decision doesn't mean I don't support him anymore or want him sacked, everybody on planet Earth gets things wrong sometimes, every single person. Personally, I hope he changes his mind on this one over time, but we're all aware it won't change on the basis of this messageboard decision. I've actually half-considered emailing the club about it, but I know it wouldn't even reach JDT's eyes if I did.

None of us think our posts are going to change club policy (I mean, there was that time I gathered all the possession data near the end of the season to show we did better with counter-attacking football than when we controlled possession, then after the summer we changed to counter attack...but I'm not naive enough to think that's why it happened!). But we'd still like to discuss all these things we can't change, otherwise there's not much point in the forum? Even yourself, I bet your output on here would drop by about 90% or more if nobody disagreed with the club's decisions, in order for you to disagree with those posters.

• Like 4