BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Good that he's scoring. Probably get a decent loan. But his goals were, am I remembering right, 3 or 4 against Darwen? The two just now. So one inbetween? Darwen are very, very far below our level, and he has only gone from 5 to 7 just now when our pre-season is done. I don't think it's too strange he wasn't involved, we had more senior options who needed to get minutes in before the season.

Friendlies aren't too critical for much more than minutes anyway, and he'll have had more of those playing for the kids. Like I say, a good loan should be his next step now.

What I find strange is that he was an unused sub in most of the first team squads, friendlies. His goals this term have come in the three games that he has played, 3 then 2 then 2. Personally I would put him ahead of Dolan, in a forward role, and ahead of Vale in a high press system. But again it is all about opinions, and mine count for nothing. 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

What I find strange is that he was an unused sub in most of the first team squads, friendlies. His goals this term have come in the three games that he has played, 3 then 2 then 2. Personally I would put him ahead of Dolan, in a forward role, and ahead of Vale in a high press system. But again it is all about opinions, and mine count for nothing. 

Pretty sure he came on as a sub vs Dundee.

I'm a big fan of Burns, but not as much as putting him infront of Dolan and Vale. I would rather ask the question why Leonard has been preferred over Burns.  

Rovers Under-21s will come up against some of Europe’s biggest clubs in this season’s Premier League International Cup.

Mike Sheron’s side have been drawn in Group A along with Celtic (Scotland), VfL Wolfsburg (Germany), FC Porto (Portugal) and Valencia (Spain).

Fulham, Leicester City and Wolves complete the line-up, however the English clubs won’t play against each other.

Premier League International Cup fixtures confirmed | rovers.co.uk

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers Under-21s will come up against some of Europe’s biggest clubs in this season’s Premier League International Cup.

Mike Sheron’s side have been drawn in Group A along with Celtic (Scotland), VfL Wolfsburg (Germany), FC Porto (Portugal) and Valencia (Spain).

Fulham, Leicester City and Wolves complete the line-up, however the English clubs won’t play against each other.

Premier League International Cup fixtures confirmed | rovers.co.uk

I just came here to post about this too. Will be a good experience for our young guns.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spartakfenni said:

I’m assuming the majority of the team that played Huddersfield in a BCD game yesterday were from the team that played against Chorley last week. It would be good to find out who played. I wonder if Sam Burns kept up his goal scoring!

Harry Leonard, Joe Rankin-Costello, Jake Garrett, Dan Butterworth and Jared Harlock

They were the only ones mentioned as playing in a tweet by the club. 

• Like 1

U21's home games in the league are going to be on Saturday and Sunday afternoons as often as possible moving forward. JDT wants first team players who aren't involved in the Champ games to play on the same day as the rest of the squad for the sake of fitness/sharpness and making life easier for the physio dept.

Only 1 weekday game up until middle of October.

1503506776_Screenshot2022-08-04at00_12_25.thumb.png.438bc3d51fd1622f19171e23fca01e03.png

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

U21's home games in the league are going to be on Saturday and Sunday afternoons as often as possible moving forward. JDT wants first team players who aren't involved in the Champ games to play on the same day as the rest of the squad for the sake of fitness/sharpness and making life easier for the physio dept.

1503506776_Screenshot2022-08-04at00_12_25.thumb.png.438bc3d51fd1622f19171e23fca01e03.png

Also has the advantage of making EVERYONE match ready for the first team games if needed.

So simple and yet so brilliant.

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

Random question but can you bring dogs to these games at leyland ?

i saw a couple at clitheroe and ramsbottom and want bring mine 😂

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

Whilst I can see the logic in this it does mean that most fans aren’t going to be able to attend the under 21 games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, only2garners said:

Whilst I can see the logic in this it does mean that most fans aren’t going to be able to attend the under 21 games.

I'm sure they used to play reserves at same time on a Saturday afternoon at home if the first team was away...on Ewood too...going back a bit.

• Like 2

Not sure about putting them on Saturdays. But Sundays make a lot of sense to me. At least assuming the first team have played on Saturday rather than Sunday. Here's my thinking.

Playing on first team matchdays means, as pointed out above, fans can't really attend, at least not at the same levels. But it also means if the first team are playing away, and somebody drops out of the squad, there's probably nobody who can take their place on the bench.

Playing the day after first team matches negates the above, and also means that anybody who didn't come off the bench to get some game time can play for the U21s and stay sharp and fit. To me that would be the way to really ensure our bench are always raring to go when called upon. It being just a day after means maximum recovery time too for these players.

(And no I don't mean literally everybody who didn't get game time, just the youngsters and the odd out-of-shape senior...I feel it's been a problem in the past when youth players are on our bench a lot and essentially pulled out of the U21/23s, they lose that edge and the confidence that comes with form)

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah that’s what I really miss. When games used to be stopped when a dog ran on the pitch. I remember Jimmy Greaves was a bit of a dog whisperer. He tamed one at Ewood years ago. He met his match with the one during the Brazil v England game in Chile. He managed pick it up and then it pissed on him.

I’d never heard this before, just looked it up 🙂 

• Like 1