BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Just because we haven't lost those two in recent years (we are losing one right now though) doesn't mean we haven't leaked others. Dunn moved on, and I'm sure we have had at least two other u23 managers move on in the last few years. I think you've misunderstood what I meant by 'bosses'.

Thanks for explaining that overall point. 

Yes we seen a number of coaches move on from our set up and mainly into the first team setup at other clubs. 

I would like Billy Barr move into our 1st team coaching setup last summer and to replace Lowe or Venus but Mowbray never did it

• Like 1

23 hours ago, unsall said:

Tony Caras leaving for premier club, big loss.

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Carss going to Villa as head of youth according to Nixon

Plus this 5 hours ago: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20210135.blackburn-rovers-coach-leave-premier-league-side/

Nixon doesn't get credit for this one.

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

Villas youth, is a step down from Rovers youth. The fact that they have a first team in the premier league, means nothing to the youth set-up

But it means plenty to what they pay I bet. We need to carefully source a replacement here. Thing is, being a Championship club that isn't well resourced and has an excellent academy competing in the top youth league and churning out first team regulars, anybody working in our youth setup is going to not only look good but look highly poachable to Prem teams whose academies aren't as good. This sort of turnover amongst our youth managers is likely to continue until we get promotion (if we ever do) or until the U23s get relegated.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Anyone know much about Walker signed for the 23's from Preston I believe?

Quick winger who likes to entertain and score goals, according to himself. Seemed content to establish himself in the U23 first. Came across well in his interview, and having a point to prove to Preston is not a bad thing 🙂

Youngest player to ever appear in a League match for Preston. Was given a contract when Dolan was released.

A few loans and some injuries the last couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2022 at 17:12, bluebruce said:

I'd just like to casually mention again that this thread title says u21s and there is no such age category at the club, nor has there been for several years. Could someone change it please?

Looks like the title change was poorly timed 🙂https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20220494.blackburn-rovers-model-will-see-academy-side-unaffected-rule-change/

As the article says, doesn't really affect us with our current age make-up, and the number of allowed overagers expands from 3 to 5.

So, sounds like a cosmetic change, unless this was sparked by specific complains about eligibility for the EFL Trophy of which I'm unaware...

• Like 1

Patrick Gamble signs pro deal...1 year.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/21/pat-pens-pro-deal/?fbclid=IwAR3nO8WnCtgA4Up10puxChdGHS5vBtSoH3RrG4mRmbEduARHicjSpyyAywk

I tend to feel a one year deal for a youth player is a sign of 'Eh we're not sure you have it, but we'll see if you kick on this season'. They're not the biggest shows of faith. Also if the player does kick on successfully we are vulnerable to them being poached. I thought I'd heard fairly good things about Gamble, so a bit surprised it wasn't at least 2 years. He's 18, I think it's fair to assume he's on relative peanuts.

On 20/06/2022 at 18:17, EwoodGlory said:

Has Philips signed a pro deal yet? 

Phillips signed a professional pre-contract that takes effect when he turns 17 (the first point at which a pro deal legally can)

Edited by bluebruce

On 21/06/2022 at 16:14, bluebruce said:

Patrick Gamble signs pro deal...1 year.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/21/pat-pens-pro-deal/?fbclid=IwAR3nO8WnCtgA4Up10puxChdGHS5vBtSoH3RrG4mRmbEduARHicjSpyyAywk

I tend to feel a one year deal for a youth player is a sign of 'Eh we're not sure you have it, but we'll see if you kick on this season'. They're not the biggest shows of faith. Also if the player does kick on successfully we are vulnerable to them being poached. I thought I'd heard fairly good things about Gamble, so a bit surprised it wasn't at least 2 years. He's 18, I think it's fair to assume he's on relative peanuts.

Pratt has signed a two year deal. He has impressed me as a no frills center-half. He heads the ball away, gives it some wellie when it is needed, and chucks in a tackle. Not much in the way of finesse, but that can be forgiven in a young center-half.

Saadi signed a two year deal. He is the polar opposit of Pratt.

Edited by rigger

Peter Thomas from Rochdale and a lad from Forest Green on display tonight. #10 was not Jacob Holland Wilkinson of PNE as first thought. If anyone who was around us at the game got that info from us we can only apologise. Only got the corrected information post-match.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Peter Thomas from Rochdale and a lad from Forest Green on display tonight. #10 was not Jacob Holland Wilkinson of PNE as first thought. If anyone who was around us at the game got that info from us we can only apologise. Only got the corrected information post-match.

The number 16 was Jacob Towns - Forest Green and ex-Stoke

Edited by Parsonblue

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/29/charlie-signs-pro-contract/

Charlie Weston signs 2-year pro deal. I again find myself questioning why Gamble only got a one-year, as U18s captain, whilst 17-year old Weston gets 2. I think some fairly kind things have been said about him in here before though. In fact pretty much everyone seems to be getting longer deals than Gamble. They can't think much of him, or his agent does and doesn't want to commit him.

Edited by bluebruce

On 31/05/2022 at 12:30, AllRoverAsia said:

Jay Haddow in on the bench for Japan U19s v Algeria today, it's showing as being on BeIN at 1pm UK time

Eligible for England, Scotland, Japan and Hong Kong I believe? If he goes senior for Japan I wonder if he'll do a BB Diaz and change his name to have Maeda on the back instead of Haddow.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rigger said:

Burns has 5 in 2 games. I know people will say it's only against weak opposition. But the goals are the same size.

Ye but Darwen mate...🤷‍♂️ I mean, they aren't even a good local non league team...there's youth teams that can beat them round here.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

How did I know it was going to be you .

There has to be a voice of reality and I'm here to give you a dose.  Darwen got beat off Fulwood Ams last week....🤷‍♂️ I'd say simmer down on Burns until he actually does something which we can get interested in