BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

There has to be a voice of reality and I'm here to give you a dose.  Darwen got beat off Fulwood Ams last week....🤷‍♂️ I'd say simmer down on Burns until he actually does something which we can get interested in

You wont get near enough to me, to give me a dose.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rigger said:

Burns has 5 in 2 games. I know people will say it's only against weak opposition. But the goals are the same size.

Sure but the opponents aren't of remotely the same quality. The goals were the same size when I used to play, but I don't remember Rovers signing up our star striker who bagged plenty. In fact Paul Gallagher played a couple of matches for us when he was at Rovers' academy and he absolutely shredded the two best teams in our league. Pretty sure he wasn't even trying.

12 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sure but the opponents aren't of remotely the same quality. The goals were the same size when I used to play, but I don't remember Rovers signing up our star striker who bagged plenty. In fact Paul Gallagher played a couple of matches for us when he was at Rovers' academy and he absolutely shredded the two best teams in our league. Pretty sure he wasn't even trying.

So it doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you are good enough you will stand out. Which has been my point all along.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

So it doesn't matter who the opposition is, if you are good enough you will stand out. Which has been my point all along.

That's a really warped conclusion to draw. Pretty sure Chris Brown would have notched in those games too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rigger said:

No it isn't. It is my conclusion. I have never been known as being warped.

It being your conclusion doesn't stop it being warped. It doesn't make any logical sense, sorry.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

That's the wrong way to look at it mate.  If you used an handicap system like racing we would need to give Darwen 15 start so shit result really and he should have scored more.

Let me put it this way, even though I really shouldn't have to. Last season, the top scorer in the National League was Paul Mullin. He scored 28 goals, nice! I guess he must be good enough for the Premier League. After all, if you're good enough, you'll stand out, the level of opposition is apparently irrelevant. We should sign him. Although I'm sure City, Liverpool and Chelsea are circling...

Oh and National League is a considerably higher level than AFC Darwen, so it's actually a more realistic comparison.

(Note before anyone wades in, I'm not saying Burns isn't good enough, only that 5 goals against shite teams don't demonstrate he is)

On 29/05/2022 at 17:12, bluebruce said:

I'd just like to casually mention again that this thread title says u21s and there is no such age category at the club, nor has there been for several years. Could someone change it please?

could you change it back to u21 as they are reverted back to u21 this season

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, had.e.nuff said:

could you change it back to u21 as they are reverted back to u21 this season

I know, typical, I think I first asked well over a year ago, then as soon as it gets done it needs undoing!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Apparently this kid scored from the halfway line for the youth team for us  last week not sure if on trial or a contract   

On 07/07/2022 at 21:12, had.e.nuff said:

will the u21 game against Newcastle on the 20 July be open for fans are behind closed doors? and i see they have reverted back to u21 from u23 for prem league 2

If it is, are you going ? 

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Apparently this kid scored from the halfway line for the youth team for us  last week not sure if on trial or a contract   

It wasn't quite the half way line but closer to 30 yards out. It was a great finish nevertheless.

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It wasn't quite the half way line but closer to 30 yards out. It was a great finish nevertheless.

Halfway to the halfway line then

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Halfway to the halfway line then

Correct me if I'm wrong lads but here's what I think happened here.... Tom talked about how this kid has scored for us from the halfway line, but showed a clip of him scoring another good goal from distance for someone else in the past. Then Arbitro has thought he was talking about the goal on the clip (which looks 30 yards ish), but he meant this other goal. Then Tom, who hasn't actually seen the goal, has assumed Arbitro has seen it and is correcting him?

I heard he scored from about the halfway for us too, which is more like 57 yards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Correct me if I'm wrong lads but here's what I think happened here.... Tom talked about how this kid has scored for us from the halfway line, but showed a clip of him scoring another good goal from distance for someone else in the past. Then Arbitro has thought he was talking about the goal on the clip (which looks 30 yards ish), but he meant this other goal. Then Tom, who hasn't actually seen the goal, has assumed Arbitro has seen it and is correcting him?

I heard he scored from about the halfway for us too, which is more like 57 yards.

😂

I heard he scored a header from our box 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I was talking specifically about the goal he scored at Workington last Saturday Bruce. It was a chip from 30 yards but legend has turned it into a chip from the half way line.

• Like 3

• J*B changed the title to Academy & U21s
On 05/07/2022 at 22:54, bluebruce said:

Let me put it this way, even though I really shouldn't have to. Last season, the top scorer in the National League was Paul Mullin. He scored 28 goals, nice! I guess he must be good enough for the Premier League. After all, if you're good enough, you'll stand out, the level of opposition is apparently irrelevant. We should sign him. Although I'm sure City, Liverpool and Chelsea are circling...

Oh and National League is a considerably higher level than AFC Darwen, so it's actually a more realistic comparison.

(Note before anyone wades in, I'm not saying Burns isn't good enough, only that 5 goals against shite teams don't demonstrate he is)

Your point is valid, but not sure your example was the best 🙂

We were actually linked with Mullin last summer as replacement for Armstrong. He was League 2 player of the season last season as well as topscorer with 30+ goals for Cambridge. You'll probably find his name mentioned in one of the earlier transfer threads.

Bit of shocker that he chose money and went to non-league and Wrexham.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-blackburn-rovers-eye-transfer-move-for-promotion-winner-as-armstrong-speculation-continues/

16 hours ago, rigger said:

I still think the 3 most impressive youths we have are Adam  Wharton, Phillips and Batty.

Sounds like Phillips is a gonner… on a free. Good work, Steve.