BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

What makes you say that ?

The away terrace at Accrington is basically a discussion about Phillips refusing to sign and moving to Spurs 

9 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@J*BNo sign of an article about Phillips' professional contract on the Rovers website after scouring it. Just a mention of the two year scholarship he signed two years ago.

Not sure why Rovers haven't announced Phillips turning pro, but based on Sharpe's article, he is a protected asset for the next three years as a professional footballer.

Based on the discussion on the terraces today I suspect Sharpe may have jumped the gun. I think if he had signed a pro deal it would have been on the website. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

Based on the discussion on the terraces today I suspect Sharpe may have jumped the gun. I think if he had signed a pro deal it would have been on the website. 

If he was on the verge of a move to Spurs then why play him today?Why take him to Portugal?

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If he was on the verge of a move to Spurs then why play him today?Why take him to Portugal?

I don’t know Islander - I’m just relaying the discussion. Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. I would counter with:

If one of the best young talents in the country signed professional terms 8 days ago, why hasn’t there been anything on the website? No article, no interviews, nothing on social media.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t know Islander - I’m just relaying the discussion. Maybe he is, maybe he isn’t. I would counter with:

If one of the best young talents in the country signed professional terms 8 days ago, why hasn’t there been anything on the website? No article, no interviews, nothing on social media.

I'd agree with your second paragraph and it is a worry ,I suppose they could be taking him away and playing him today to try up the compensation we would recieve by claiming he close to first team.Fingers crossed the deal has been done be sickening to lose him for a pittance. 

Although now he is 17 and the last contract took him too his 17th birthday?Wouldn't that mean he would be out of contract now?

RE: Phillips. He's on a two year youth deal and this is the 2nd year. He's not yet signed his pro. He goes next summer for a 6-figure compo & sell on if he doesn't sign it.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

RE: Phillips. He's on a two year youth deal and this is the 2nd year. He's not yet signed his pro. He goes next summer for a 6-figure compo & sell on if he doesn't sign it.

I was speaking to someone who reckons utd and spurs are courting him....utd have been talking to his parents for the last 12 months.

21 hours ago, J*B said:

And I suspect if he hadn't signed a pro contract he'd be at Spurs et al already. 

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

May as well set the academy on fire and claim on the insurance if we end up letting Phillips go for under a million. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, J*B said:

May as well set the academy on fire and claim on the insurance if we end up letting Phillips go for under a million. 

What choice do we have though?

If Phillips leaves us is  it really a stick we can beat the club with?Legally he couldn't sign a new contract, now he has come of age all the power rests with him. 

If he features next season and does well I don't see us taking a 6 figure compensation fee from whichever club he joins.

Let it go to tribunal and point toward the fee Liverpool had to pay Fulham for Elliot.

19 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Is that certain? The Lancashire Telegraph has reported a couple of times on this. According to Sharpe, Phillips signed a scolarship deal two years ago, which has now ended, and a pro deal, thought to be for three years, kicked in on the 1st July because it was part of the scholarship agreement.

Would be good to get some clarity because we're hearing different things.

I put the question to Sharpe on twitter yesterday and have had no response

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Haddow signed a two-year pro deal today. Sunderland and Forest were interested in him, so quite good that we've got him to sign. Never seen him play, but he plays for Japan U19s and sounds promising.

Yeah, smart move by Rovers.

1DF2FDB7-013A-4ED4-BA1A-276599FAF4F9.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, goozburger said:

Haddow signed a two-year pro deal today. Sunderland and Forest were interested in him, so quite good that we've got him to sign. Never seen him play, but he plays for Japan U19s and sounds promising.

He's a right back too 🙂

On 15/07/2022 at 08:36, neophox said:

He's a right back too 🙂

Problem with that, in terms of this season at least, is that we will probably buy an RB who will be expected to be the starter, then have JRC and James Brown ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm not a fan of JRC and Brown is pretty untested, but the friendlies do suggest they're ahead of him for now. Then there's...is Batty an RB? Some posters on here rate him very highly indeed.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Problem with that, in terms of this season at least, is that we will probably buy an RB who will be expected to be the starter, then have JRC and James Brown ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm not a fan of JRC and Brown is pretty untested, but the friendlies do suggest they're ahead of him for now. Then there's...is Batty an RB? Some posters on here rate him very highly indeed.

Batty is a left-back and pretty left-footed 🙂

• Like 1

• Backroom

Telegraph now backtracking on the signed deal and confirming no deal is signed with Philips and talks are ongoing 

You have to think if he’s not signed now he’s unlikely to especially if Spurs are in his agents ear, could be potential millions lost again here 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Telegraph now backtracking on the signed deal and confirming no deal is signed with Philips and talks are ongoing 

You have to think if he’s not signed now he’s unlikely to especially if Spurs are in his agents ear, could be potential millions lost again here 

We need him loaned back here and for the next 2 seasons