BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

Very little opportunity now to watch the Under-21's in action.  Almost going back to the old days when we played at Ewood every week - one week reserves and one week first team - all of which was included in the season ticket.  Today's season ticket still covers both first team and Under-21's but a bit difficult to be in two places at the same time.  Pity, I shall miss watching the Under-21's.

• Like 2

It isn't great for fans but you can understand the benefits to the club. Plenty of other sides have paved the way for this and pretty much everyone has followed suit this season. I would like to hope that the club could make the 21's games available on RoversTV after the fact for those that subscribe.

34 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It isn't great for fans but you can understand the benefits to the club. Plenty of other sides have paved the way for this and pretty much everyone has followed suit this season. I would like to hope that the club could make the 21's games available on RoversTV after the fact for those that subscribe.

Does the club have the resources to both film and provide a commentary for two games at once?

3 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Does the club have the resources to both film and provide a commentary for two games at once?

They could just film it, half the time the commentary cuts out for the first team games anyway. 

6 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Very little opportunity now to watch the Under-21's in action.  Almost going back to the old days when we played at Ewood every week - one week reserves and one week first team - all of which was included in the season ticket.  Today's season ticket still covers both first team and Under-21's but a bit difficult to be in two places at the same time.  Pity, I shall miss watching the Under-21's.

I’ll miss your updates on the Under-21’s! Hopefully they’ll make decent highlights available at least. 

12 hours ago, JoeH said:

Do you not think my suggestion higher up of playing on Sundays rather than Saturdays would mean more fans could attend and also be more beneficial for the club?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yep. Keep the team together and everything. 

Doesn't make sense to me. They spend all week together. Making sure Hilton has match experience and sharpness, as well as helping the u21s get off to a good start, seems more important to me than some nebulous idea of keeping the team together for a day by keeping the third choice keeper loitering around.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Doesn't make sense to me. They spend all week together. Making sure Hilton has match experience and sharpness, as well as helping the u21s get off to a good start, seems more important to me than some nebulous idea of keeping the team together for a day by keeping the third choice keeper loitering around.

I think having them all together having them go through the pre match routine makes sense to me. I would imagine we took a squad around 21 down to Swansea with team. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think having them all together having them go through the pre match routine makes sense to me. I would imagine we took a squad around 21 down to Swansea with team. 

It makes sense, but not at the expense of him missing the u21s game. He won't even make the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It makes sense, but not at the expense of him missing the u21s game. He won't even make the bench.

Blimey. It's one game. He could be on the bench if either keeper pick up an injury pre game or is ill on the morning of the game. Saves all the messing around to get down there

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey. It's one game. He could be on the bench if either keeper pick up an injury pre game or is ill on the morning of the game. Saves all the messing around to get down there

No need for the 'blimey', I'm not saying sack the manager or anything, it's not a huge deal, just think it's the wrong judgement call. The chances of one of our keepers picking up an injury on the day, and then the other getting injured during the game in order for him to actually need to come on, are extremely, extremely slim. I see no reason he couldn't have played the game, and then driven down tomorrow for the unlikely eventuality of a keeper becoming unavailable at short notice.

Feel sorry for Sam Barnes who's now reportedly out for "months" due to a "bad knee injury", possibly cruciate ligament damage, according to Tomasson. I'm sure this has been mentioned already but it looked like he might be having his breakthrough year with the firsts, after impressing in pre-season, and now he is set back again and will, likely miss a chunk, if not most of the season, according to the manager. 

Last season, his and Saadi's return, I believe, at the latter part of the season, helped rescue the U23s from relegation. Barnes has had so many injury problems and has kept coming back, so here's hoping he can do so again. 

I feel that, but for their injuries, he and Isaac Whitehall would be first team squad players by now. Just unfortunate for both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

No need for the 'blimey', I'm not saying sack the manager or anything, it's not a huge deal, just think it's the wrong judgement call. The chances of one of our keepers picking up an injury on the day, and then the other getting injured during the game in order for him to actually need to come on, are extremely, extremely slim. I see no reason he couldn't have played the game, and then driven down tomorrow for the unlikely eventuality of a keeper becoming unavailable at short notice.

anything could happen like 3 or 4 players get ill overnight, etc. 

plus why have the hassle of travelling down on the day of the game. 

Just take 3 keepers in the squad