BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

What's happened to the u21 coverage? Last season there were twitter updates whilst matches were on, match reports etc. This season nothing? You have to go to the opossition websites to find out anything. 

It probably has something to do with the U21s playing at home, at the same time that the first team are at home.

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The under 21's team for today.

Eastham, Haddow, Annesley, Gamble, Gent, Rankin-Costello, Markanday, Wharton, Harlock, Szmodics, Leonard

Subs: Saadi, Khan, Wood, Pratt Montgomery

Some quality players in that side, should piss it 👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, hollowsr said:

Under 18s pick up their first win of season 3-1 vs Leeds

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers won 3-1 against Spurs

Good day for the kids, both picking up their first wins, just the first team dropped the ball. Hopefully kickstarts both their seasons.

• Like 1

I'd guess that George Gent might've played ahead of Cirino at LWB. Cirino got a hamstring injury last season, I believe, and missed a lot of games and has fallen down the order, it seems.

I hope he can get back as he was a star performer a few seasons back with good pace and technical ability. He came on in a first team friendly last season and did well in the brief showing. If fit in Jan, a loan move would be helpful.

As far as I can see, his contract expires June 2023, so the club has a decision to make, as does he.

Edited by riverholmes

2 hours ago, riverholmes said:

I'd guess that George Gent might've played ahead of Cirino at LWB. Cirino got a hamstring injury last season, I believe, and missed a lot of games and has fallen down the order, it seems.

I hope he can get back as he was a star performer a few seasons back with good pace and technical ability. He came on in a first team friendly last season and did well in the brief showing. If fit in Jan, a loan move would be helpful.

As far as I can see, his contract expires June 2023, so the club has a decision to make, as does he.

I can't see Cirino making the first team. In my opinion, Batty is a better prospect in that Left wing-back position, than either Cirino or Gent.

• Like 1

There's an interesting interview with Head of Academy Stuart Jones on the Rovers website on the back of the landmark of the club achieving 600 consecutive league matches with an academy graduate in the team. Worth a watch.

I don't get to see any if the under age games due to.living outside the area. There were some names on that team sheet that I didn't recognise (Gamble, Montgomery, Weston, Wood), does anyone on here know anything about them?

1 hour ago, Atko's Engine said:

There's an interesting interview with Head of Academy Stuart Jones on the Rovers website on the back of the landmark of the club achieving 600 consecutive league matches with an academy graduate in the team. Worth a watch.

I don't get to see any if the under age games due to.living outside the area. There were some names on that team sheet that I didn't recognise (Gamble, Montgomery, Weston, Wood), does anyone on here know anything about them?

From what I have seen, I doubt any of the ones you have mentioned will make the first team.

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

From what I have seen, I doubt any of the ones you have mentioned will make the first team.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks!

It sounds at least like Gent, Haddow, Harlock, Leonard & Pratt seem decent though, from what I've heard? Add in Sam Barnes, Garrett, Wharton & Phillips and there's still a decent string coming through.