BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Academy & U21s

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Anybody know how many minutes Wharton, Garrett and Ennis played? 

Wharton played 45 minutes, Garrett 90 minutes and Ennis 60 minutes.

Rovers were well beaten by a bigger and stronger Accrington side who fully deserved their win. In truth Rovers were poor and apart from Ennis scoring twice I can't find any positives. Players continually conceded cheap possession through carelessness and three of Accringtons goals could be attributed to Rovers basic errors. Ennis aside I don't think anybody impressed the watching Tomasson although Adam Wharton going off at half time could be an indication that he will play on Saturday but he was generally lethargic in his play with the occasional glimpse of his ability. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Rovers were well beaten by a bigger and stronger Accrington side who fully deserved their win. In truth Rovers were poor and apart from Ennis scoring twice I can't find any positives. Players continually conceded cheap possession through carelessness and three of Accringtons goals could be attributed to Rovers basic errors. Ennis aside I don't think anybody impressed the watching Tomasson although Adam Wharton going off at half time could be an indication that he will play on Saturday but he was generally lethargic in his play with the occasional glimpse of his ability. 

How was Ennis in general, goals aside?

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

To be honest, a number of our younger lads are still a long way off being ready for the first team.  As you say, Stanley thoroughly deserved their win and looked the better team.  Although Ennis took his goals well, he still looks some way off being fully match fit.  Missing so much of pre-season is bound to tell and they need to get him up to speed as soon as possible.

I must admit that Wharton's form is a worry.  I wonder if the lad is struggling with the pressure that is being put on him to play every week and be the key playmaker.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

How was Ennis in general, goals aside?

He still looked a little 'heavy' although that may be his natural build. It was difficult to really gauge too much about him as the team performance was so poor. However his second goal was excellent and that finish offers some hope.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest, a number of our younger lads are still a long way off being ready for the first team.  As you say, Stanley thoroughly deserved their win and looked the better team.  Although Ennis took his goals well, he still looks some way off being fully match fit.  Missing so much of pre-season is bound to tell and they need to get him up to speed as soon as possible.

I must admit that Wharton's form is a worry.  I wonder if the lad is struggling with the pressure that is being put on him to play every week and be the key playmaker.  

It's clear to me that some of the current crop aren't going to make it with us. They simply haven't kicked on and in a couple of instances have gone backwards. I really had high hopes for Jake Batty but it's just not happening for him although his recent long term injury could have affected his confidence. As you intimate at times Adam looks like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders and his contribution yesterday was negligible. That is a worry for me but I trust Tomasson to do the right thing by Adam and Rovers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I don't think we will see much of Wharton for a while, Tronstad has settled in very well. Adam is going to need to fight his way back into the team and it seems Wharton has got a fair way to go.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Keeping AW out of the side might take the pressure/hype away from him and  make possible suitors forget about him for a season?

I think we'll need the suitors to cover costs by January. It looks clear Venky's aren't likely to be sending through any more cash this year so we'll have to find a good chunk of change in January.

13 hours ago, rigger said:

how did the U21s get on against the Dingles today ?

I feel dirty after where I had to delve to find this, and its not great news either

https://burnleyfootballclub.com/content/u21s-match-report-burnley-2-0-blackburn-rovers

Does look like the dingles had half a team of overage players though, their goalkeeper, Obafemi, Churlinov, Massengo once upon a time cost Bristol City a few Mil, Egan-Riley was bought from Man City

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

Vale finally made an appearance as a sub for Lincoln (only his 2nd time on the bench) and got an assist (looks like from half losing a ball before recovering it and slotting in a decent pass), so that's encouraging.

Walker with 4 league subs and 2 cup starts, with one goal, for Morecambe. Left on the bench last couple league games, so maybe not quite pushing for a start there. Probably not one to hold out hope for anyway.

Gent with a few subs for Motherwell so far.

Buckley at least getting regular starts for Sheffield Wed. Generally a shitshow there, but sounds he got decent reviews in their 1-0 loss on Saturday...

(not sure if loan reports should be reported here or maybe in a new 'loan watch' thread - tracking Buckley doesn't exactly fit in here!)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What sort of team did we have out yesterday ? It can’t have been much of a side with the first team/squad playing in London yesterday.

Blackburn Rovers: Michalski, Duru, Batty, Gamble, Montgomery, Wood, Weston, Leonard, Edmondson, Davis, Powell

Substitutes: Olson, Caddick, Stritch, Nsangou, Khan

• Like 2

On 25/10/2023 at 09:03, KentExile said:

I feel dirty after where I had to delve to find this, and its not great news either

https://burnleyfootballclub.com/content/u21s-match-report-burnley-2-0-blackburn-rovers

Does look like the dingles had half a team of overage players though, their goalkeeper, Obafemi, Churlinov, Massengo once upon a time cost Bristol City a few Mil, Egan-Riley was bought from Man City

If you read the report it doesn't sound like we acquitted ourselves too badly, particularly when you look at the team sheet.

• Like 1