BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Backroom

Enthralling this Division. Boro getting battered by Bournemouth and Millwall are winning at Brentford! I know things might change but who'd have predicted those scores?

If there's one division I'd never place a bet on it's the Championship.

Shocking result for Brentford, gives Ipswich a chance to get back into the playoffs.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me! ^_^ At least Bournemouth beating Boro.............as I have Bournemouth down as the CHAMPIONS!

The league situation just further enforces how Rovers have underachieved.........no teams running away with it - we should have been amongst the best 6-8 teams in this division - but we're miles behind - even though we amazingly took 4 points from the Champions elect - we were dire amongst ALL the others and were lucky to take any points off most - largely outplayed by Boro home and away, a very lucky point at Ipswich etc.

Don't worry, once Gaz has stabilized things for another ten years we might have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Nane 10 that are better

Here are the nine..........

1. Matt Ritchie - Bournemouth

2. Grant Leadbitter - Middlesbrough

3. Calum Wilson - Bournemouth

4. Troy Deeney - Watford

5. Chris Martin - Derby County

6. Daryl Murphy - Ipswich Town

7. Dele Alli - MK Dons

8. Will Hughes - Derby County

9. Massimo Luongo - Swindon Town

:tu:

What do you reckon?

Here are the nine..........

1. Matt Ritchie - Bournemouth

2. Grant Leadbitter - Middlesbrough

3. Calum Wilson - Bournemouth

4. Troy Deeney - Watford

5. Chris Martin - Derby County

6. Daryl Murphy - Ipswich Town

7. Dele Alli - MK Dons

8. Will Hughes - Derby County

9. Massimo Luongo - Swindon Town

:tu:

What do you reckon?

I reckon none of them play for Rovers.

Varney having a decent game for Ipswich tonight. What do Rovers/GB do to destroy players?

Just thinking that myself. Bowyer must tell them exactly what to do, wherever they are on the pitch.

Bournemouth are a class above Ipswich in this game. They move very quickly on and off the ball, and very pleasing to the eye, when they knock it around. Gary Bowyer, take note!

• Backroom

Nothing. He's doing exactly the same as he did here, but our fans didn't see the value in defending from the front.

Then the second we let him go, it's being demanded from all corners of the board.

• Backroom

Don't reinvent stuff, Mike. Varney was awful for us.

The difference is McCarthy.

The difference is he's actually on the pitch longer under Mick, so you notice it. He won't be blasting them in but the basic job he does is exactly the same as he did here.

The difference is also that Ipswich don't have Gestede and Rhodes.

• Backroom

Varney always worked hard as does brown but both are abysmal in front of goal

There's maybe room for one hard working lummox of a striker in a squad but not two

Six out of the Eight Championship games played today had crowds in excess of Twenty thousand...getting consistently harder for us to compete in even this league.

Only 15 points off the play off's with a game in hand

no worries

Six out of the Eight Championship games played today had crowds in excess of Twenty thousand...getting consistently harder for us to compete in even this league.

We've pee'd away our best chance by backing the wrong horses for the wrong reasons for 3 years.

Our PL status thrown away and potential to get back there extinguished in favour of wiping out own face. Yet ever since they began their strategy of running the club on the cheap we have seen the debt rise further and an embargo put in place.

If the Confused of Pune had set out to destroy the club they couldn't have done a better job. Our best hope for the future is to stay in the Championship. Although this will appeal to the 'hardcore' it certainly won't bring in the next generation of fans.

If we had decent owners and a proper manager, and were in the top 6, we would have had 20k plus today.

Seen some cracking gates at Ewood on "Good Friday" down the years.

Varney always worked hard as does brown but both are abysmal in front of goal

There's maybe room for one hard working lummox of a striker in a squad but not two

Definitely.

I'm a bit suspicious of strikers that don't score. Kind of like vacuum cleaners that don't clean properly.

* I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere.

Definitely.

I'm a bit suspicious of strikers that don't score. Kind of like vacuum cleaners that don't clean properly.

Th

Definitely.

That could be a good topic for ICBINF

Definitely.

That could be a good topic for ICBINF

If we had decent owners and a proper manager, and were in the top 6, we would have had 20k plus today.

That may be true but back in the cold hard world of the much maligned Venkys tenure we will no doubt see gates drop next season.

The Liverpool game will be a rather poignant and sad reminder of what we used to have on a regular basis at Ewood not that long ago.

** sniff,sob **

Nothing. He's doing exactly the same as he did here, but our fans didn't see the value in defending from the front.

Then the second we let him go, it's being demanded from all corners of the board.

Not from me !

Varney and Brown are both dolloppers ....

By employing such players ,the club continues to fall ..

Archived