BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my bad again.

to be fair Chaddy is right at this. Makes me laugh how all sorts of stuff have gone on here and I get called stupid and worse and as soon as I mention someone else then the "posse of abbey hate" are all over me ...not you chaddy either.

if you want a vote to see if you all want me gone have one lets have a knockout between me ,barry manilow & the whinging aussie wanna be . Loser stops posting.

Haha the bit at the end cracked me up. This nickname has well and truly stuck!!

Seriously though abbey I don't want you to stop I just get headache from reading the too and for between you two. It's my problem I'll deal with it.

....... John Lennon made a homophobic statement in the '70s, nowadays, there would be no way that some prominent personality could say such a thing without expecting huge blowback.

Oh I don't know, Elton John, Julian Clary and Graham Norton might. ^_^

Think Dyche will be a wanted man in the summer ....

Correct. Every supporter of every team values a manager who can get his players to work hard.

Steve McClaren has been linked with the Newcastle even since Pardew left.

if Derby don't go up then I expect McClaren to leave Derby for Newcstle

He has but if the alleged reasons Pardew wanted out are still in place I can't see Maclaren moving without strong reassurances from Ashley that he will be allowed to manage without interference.

Wow Mike. Where do you live, the 80s??

That says more about your social circles. I've not heard that word (apart from by Gordon) in a lot of years.

More like where do you live Stuart? In a bubble of your own making perhaps?

tbh I'll never even begin to understand why it is deemed offensive unless it's for ulterior political motives and if so we have been well and truly duped. It is an abbreviation of a nation's name thats all and no other nations are affected in the same manner are they? Any insulting connotations are only found in adjectives which may or may not accompany it, but that surely applies to all nationalities doesn't it?

Surely the time has come to open up a chaddy vs ABBEY topic. Every thread your on at each other, least then it'd be confined to one.

It's chaddy v Legion ................. for they are many.

Can I also make clear that I have NO Personal gripes with Abbey or anybody else..

Pretty sure that I would have chaddy. You get fearful stick and insults from very many that imo is largely undeserved.

tbh I'll never even begin to understand why it is deemed offensive unless it's for ulterior political motives and if so we have been well and truly duped. It is an abbreviation of a nation's name thats all and no other nations are affected in the same manner are they? Any insulting connotations are only found in adjectives which may or may not accompany it, but that surely applies to all nationalities doesn't it?

You know the answer to that though. It is because of it's historical use. It's also inaccurate.

If two Australians (or perhaps more pertinently, New Zealanders) emigrated to Blackburn, and had a child, would you consider that child to be an Aussie?

Since clearly I'm out of touch with things (and you live closer to the centre of Blackburn than I?) then maybe you could tell me if those people you refer to would make the distinction, between parents and children, in relation to "The 'P' word"? Or is that not what you meant?

Mods: could someone please move this discussion to ICBINF rather than destroy this thread further. (I appreciate the easy option is just to hide the posts but hope you don't).

tbh I'll never even begin to understand why it is deemed offensive unless it's for ulterior political motives and if so we have been well and truly duped. It is an abbreviation of a nation's name thats all and no other nations are affected in the same manner are they? Any insulting connotations are only found in adjectives which may or may not accompany it, but that surely applies to all nationalities doesn't

Absolute tosh.

If one person from that background deems it offensive and racist it is just that, who are you to say if it is or it isn't living in your bubble in the hills only coming down once a week to shop outside of the area.

It's a word used in 60's and 70's to promote violence against minoroties, it's offensive.

Claiming it's like calling someone from Australia an Aussies due to an abbreviation is frankly pathetic and Ill throughout.

Please move this also mods.

You know the answer to that though. It is because of it's historical use. It's also inaccurate.

If two Australians (or perhaps more pertinently, New Zealanders) emigrated to Blackburn, and had a child, would you consider that child to be an Aussie?

Since clearly I'm out of touch with things (and you live closer to the centre of Blackburn than I?) then maybe you could tell me if those people you refer to would make the distinction, between parents and children, in relation to "The 'P' word"? Or is that not what you meant?

Mods: could someone please move this discussion to ICBINF rather than destroy this thread further. (I appreciate the easy option is just to hide the posts but hope you don't).

Indigenous australians / New Zealanders or white settlers? Dual nationality probably. What would you call them?

Absolute tosh.

If one person from that background deems it offensive and racist it is just that, who are you to say if it is or it isn't living in your bubble in the hills only coming down once a week to shop outside of the area.

It's a word used in 60's and 70's to promote violence against minoroties, it's offensive.

Claiming it's like calling someone from Australia an Aussies due to an abbreviation is frankly pathetic and Ill throughout.

Please move this also mods.

Absolute tosh. In fact immature tosh. For one the 60's and 70's are five decades ago and for another I can barely think of a race that hasn't been persecuted by another at some stage in history without requiring their homeland effectively wiped of the face of the planet by typically liberal shallow thinking.

Gav I bet you daren't even say 'pakistani' in public without a furtive look around first and lowering your voice for that one word? :rolleyes: Now be honest.

Absolute tosh. In fact immature tosh. For one the 60's and 70's are five decades ago and for another I can barely think of a race that hasn't been persecuted by another at some stage in history without requiring their homeland effectively wiped of the face of the planet by typically liberal shallow thinking.

Gav I bet you daren't even say 'pakistani' in public without a furtive look around first and lowering your voice for that one word? :rolleyes: Now be honest.

Not only dare I say Pakistani in public, I say Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Polish etc etc, you see I'm not afraid, I have nothing to be afraid of, unlike the idiots that call Indians P***s, you couldn't be more offensive if you tried.

Now be honest you've done that haven't you :rock:

Sorry to derail the thread, but I can't let him get away with that.

Wow, just looked that up! A lot of cards is an understatement! Still think Millwall are gone mind but will be interesting to see how Rotherham's fielding of an inelligible player will pan out http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32287991

Good wins for many of the top 8 tonight; Brentford who had a disappointing night. Leeds seem also to be badly affected by the sacking of their assistant manager, they've been in poor form ever since. Just when they look like getting settled their crackpot owners have to mess things up again.

Should also add Norwich look like they made an inspired choice in sacking their manager and getting the new guy in. Yes the squad had the quality but they were floundering till they appointed the new chap. He's had more than a honeymoon period and clawed them into contention for automatic promotion.

Wow, just looked that up! A lot of cards is an understatement! Still think Millwall are gone mind but will be interesting to see how Rotherham's fielding of an inelligible player will pan out http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32287991

Good wins for many of the top 8 tonight; Brentford who had a disappointing night. Leeds seem also to be badly affected by the sacking of their assistant manager, they've been in poor form ever since. Just when they look like getting settled their crackpot owners have to mess things up again.

Should also add Norwich look like they made an inspired choice in sacking their manager and getting the new guy in. Yes the squad had the quality but they were floundering till they appointed the new chap. He's had more than a honeymoon period and clawed them into contention for automatic promotion.

But you want a new manager at Rovers, chosen by our crackpot owners?

Ipswich looking good for the playoffs. Amazing what a good manager can do with a pretty average squad, isn't it?

A lot won't have it, DE.

Amazing really, given the pedigree of the majority of promotion chasing teams' managers in recent times.

Ipswich looking good for the playoffs. Amazing what a good manager can do with a pretty average squad, isn't it?

excellent manager at this level is McCarthy. If you can let the Venksters know he's available and that he wants to come to work for them that would be great.

Yeah, let's just stick with a poor manager forever and ever, simply because we might well not get any better... Good logic.

Bowyer's a good manager, his achievements to date prove that...or we could sack him, rock the boat and end up in League 1 like Wigan...or like we would have been if Bowyer hadn't saved us...great plan.

Bowyer's a good manager, his achievements to date prove that...or we could sack him, rock the boat and end up in League 1 like Wigan...or like we would have been if Bowyer hadn't saved us...great plan.

An ok manager at best. When Bowyer saved us? You mean when Rhodes saved us? Chances are we'll end up in League One under Bowyer. Without achieving promotion ASAP, League One is certainly on the horizon. No chance of promotion under Bowyer, so I'd rather see us gamble on hitting the jackpot in appointing a talented manager than watch us slowly regress under GB.

Archived