BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

An ok manager at best. When Bowyer saved us? You mean when Rhodes saved us? Chances are we'll end up in League One under Bowyer. Without achieving promotion ASAP, League One is certainly on the horizon. No chance of promotion under Bowyer, so I'd rather see us gamble on hitting the jackpot in appointing a talented manager than watch us slowly regress under GB.

There's absolutely no suggestion we'll end up in league 1 under Bowyer. Where's your evidence?

Using the same logic if Rhodes saved us then it must be his fault we haven't gone up this season. Or at least it isn't Bowyers fault. You can't have it both ways, and you really need to come up with better arguments than that. Poor stuff.

What achievements? Mid table obscurity? Wow, the next Jose mourinho

Saved us from relegation, rebuilt the whole team, will make big money on Gestede, developed some good young players, kept us safe in the Championship when other relegated Prem clubs have been relegated again. Have you been asleep for the last two years?

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's absolutely no suggestion we'll end up in league 1 under Bowyer. Where's your evidence?

Using the same logic if Rhodes saved us then it must be his fault we haven't gone up this season. Or at least it isn't Bowyers fault. You can't have it both ways, and you really need to come up with better arguments than that. Poor stuff.

It was quite a tongue in cheek comment. I don't believe Rhodes saved us, but I don't believe Bowyer saved us either.

Well, there's no suggestion we will make the play-offs or go up, is there? We've gone backwards since last year. With FFP, impending player sales and our hopeless tactics, I believe we'll certainly be worse off.

Actually quite refreshing to read.

Though I don't agree with his suggestion that success in the next four games will assist in us coming out the traps next year. Our run at the end of last season hardly helped us this term. Would be nice for us to end on a few wins though, even though they pretty much mean nothing.

What do u mean saved us from relegation, there was no evidence we were going to go down, we were never in the relegation places in the first place, who is to say any other manager couldn'thave turned it around, after the Appleton debacle even Brian laws could have looked a genious, it was the new manager bounce that every club has when a new man is in charge then it wears off as has been proven with bowyer.

An ok manager at best. When Bowyer saved us? You mean when Rhodes saved us? Chances are we'll end up in League One under Bowyer. Without achieving promotion ASAP, League One is certainly on the horizon. No chance of promotion under Bowyer, so I'd rather see us gamble on hitting the jackpot in appointing a talented manager than watch us slowly regress under GB.

Me too. Unfortunately I couldn't name one that would even consider us and even if he did his agent would give him a slap to bring him to his senses. Can you think of one mustard?

Saved us from relegation, rebuilt the whole team, will make big money on Gestede, developed some good young players, kept us safe in the Championship when other relegated Prem clubs have been relegated again. Have you been asleep for the last two years?

With respect blueboy GB is an OK manager who up to now has done a very decent job but he aint no Jose Mourhino is he?

Ipswich looking good for the playoffs. Amazing what a good manager can do with a pretty average squad, isn't it?

And Norwich bouncing back at the first attempt - like a well orgsanised club should. Our best chance was the 1st season were down but that boat has now sailed unfortunately.

Not only dare I say Pakistani in public, I say Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Polish etc etc, you see I'm not afraid, I have nothing to be afraid of, unlike the idiots that call Indians P***s, you couldn't be more offensive if you tried.

Now be honest you've done that haven't you :rock:

Sorry to derail the thread, but I can't let him get away with that.

Really? Lets be honest Indians, Bangladeshi's, Chinese and Polish don't care one way or the other about people mentioning their country of origin by name or abbreviation do they? In fact the people of no other nation that I can think of cares.

Yet how absolutely unbelievable that the attitude of our entire society and our language has been moulded by the actions of a few pimply faced kids with closely cut hair and cherry reds over a period of about 5 years (until fashion changed and punk swept it away) almost half a century or so ago! I'm sure those old skins are all still laughing out loud at how the consequences of their flaky 'notoriety' has led an entire nation being led by the nose down the road of poorly thought out political correctness. You might been scared enough to have been influenced by such but I wasn't.

And Norwich bouncing back at the first attempt - like a well orgsanised club should. Our best chance was the 1st season were down but that boat has now sailed unfortunately.

Thanks to Steve Kean and the stupid buggers who employed him. Still he'll still be doing very nicely out of his deception won't he? I'd love to know what it was worth financially to him when everything is taken into account.

But you want a new manager at Rovers, chosen by our crackpot owners?

Not the debate I was going for, but here we go again! I see you only highlighted the Leeds bit, and below with Norwich (granted very different owners) show what changing a manager can do.

Personally, given that we're certs not to go up with Bowyer I'd go with the slim chance of getting a better manager who can get more out of the talented squad before it's too late. Yes it's a gamble but IMO less of one than slow death under GB. Hopefully that makes sense?

Also whilst their are crackpot and good owners around both can make good and bad choices. Look at Wigan, would've liked Whelan in charge of us but he's made a few stinkers in his managerial appointments. Likewise for all the negative publicity Ashley didn't get a bad one with Pardew.

Thought Oyston lived t'other side of those fells. Anyway what have the pubs done wrong? those dollopers might have had the decency to have a quick whip around for the landlord and staff who would be the main losers as a consequence of their actions. We all know Oyston couldn't give a toss.

btw wonder if he could be persuaded to bin off Blackpool in retaliation and take BRFC out of the venkymob's hands? if he could get it cheap enough to allow him to turn a profit then as a businessman I'm pretty sure he'd be interested. Should suit everybody... Blackpool fans would be rid of him find out about life after him, the venkys must desperately want out of their failed experiment and the majority on here would love to see the back of them! Perfick! I'd better get on the blower to em all, I could be the new Jerome and make a fortune! :tu:

Yeah, let's just stick with a poor manager forever and ever, simply because we might well not get any better... Good logic.

The daft thing is some on here think it's good logic including Parsonblue

The daft thing is some on here think it's good logic including Parsonblue

He somehow thinks we can consolidate in the Championship, get the debt to a serviceable level, and rebuild from there. As I said before, the only way to get the debt under control would be to slash the wage bill completely, auction off our best players and downsize to League One/League Two level. There's no way we can keep going as we are. Sooner or later something's got to give.

He somehow thinks we can consolidate in the Championship, get the debt to a serviceable level, and rebuild from there. As I said before, the only way to get the debt under control would be to slash the wage bill completely, auction off our best players and downsize to League One/League Two level. There's no way we can keep going as we are. Sooner or later something's got to give.

Only way we're gonna get the debt under control is by getting a slice of the TV money in the Prem, which Bowyer is very unlikely to achieve going off his tenure so far. Hence why so many of us want to roll the dice on a new manager. Death by a thousand cuts with Bowyer, or take a chance of it going badly with someone new and ending up in League 1, but an equal chance of them getting a more than good enough squad into the play offs and claiming the £100m or whatever it is these days that we so badly need. A lot of people, including (if I remember correctly) the likes of Kamy, Glenn, etc. have hinted that the Clueless ones will look to sell up if we make it back the the PL. Isn't it worth rolling that dice just for the possibility of seeing the back of them? Cause they won't be able to sell a League 1 team that doesn't have a pot to @#/? in and is £120m in debt any time soon, that's for sure!

Won't work. Our income will dry up accordingly and not even cover any interest on the debt.

Deciding on our player of the season is going to be a bit of a joke this year, our best players have underperformed by their own standards and nobody in particular has stood out, Ollson deserves credit for the way he has converted to a LB and made the position his own, Rhodes has carried on scoring even though we're playing @#/?, gestede though losses major points in my book due to his blatant attempts to engineer himself a transfer(he should have gone about it in a more respectful and professional manner ala Rhodes), killgallon has been fairly reliable and consistent(although you wouldn't think so when you look at our defensive record) and all of our senior keepers are dodgy.

"Jonathan Liew investigates: Even the Bundesliga and Serie A cannot match the Championship for frills and excitement right now"

Where are the Daily Telegraph sub-editors?

I've said plenty of times that the best thing about the championship is the competition which challenges every team to play to it's best. Dog eat dog and a massive lesson to be learned by the Premier League administrators.

Archived