BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Moderation Lead

You can stop calling other posters out until you spill on your alleged professional footballing career

Looks like we'll just have to wonder on that score, it appears he has been banned.....

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we'll just have to wonder on that score, it appears he has been banned.....

That's a pity. He was rough around the edges but it takes all sorts to make up a forum.
It's arguable that some of Parson's pro-Bowyer propaganda is far more insulting than anything Andyblue's posted.

Congrats to Bournemouth and all that, but on another note how bad were Bolton !!!

Whether they had nothing to play for or not, they were absolutely shocking live on national TV. They look further away from being promotion contenders than we do and that's saying something.

(Not picking on you Hasta) But how can that be? Don't Bolton have a manager we'd all kill for in Lennon?

Howe laid the foundations at Bournemouth ages ago, and was there a lot longer than he was at Burnley for. He just picked up where he left off when he returned.

It's easy to be wise about Howe now though-he hadn't achieved anything when he was at Burnley, now though his stock is very high.

Not to mention the help Dyche had inheriting Eddies "mill pond"...

1. I didn't get a response from my footie challenge to you and your 5 a side team....£100 bet, winner takes all. I'd be happy to double it to make it interesting. then we would see who can play football my son.

2. Parson can speak for himself....he alluded to something, so he should either shut up and leave Robbo (a model pro and a england international) alone or come out with his "goings-on"

'My son'

Ffs, what a @#/?

Now that Bournemouth are up will they put their hands in their pockets and return the investment to those fans who helped support the club financially in 2009 when they were flat broke?

I'm not being cynical, I'm genuinely wondering.

• Backroom

And just think how quickly Howe and his staff would move out Williamson, Evans, Spearing, Cairney, Taylor, Lowe and the rest of our useless midfield

A bit harsh imo. Spearing's on loan anyway, so will go back. Williamson and Evans don't add much so could probably go and we wouldn't notice much difference.

I'm not Lowe's biggest fan by any stretch but he's a good squad player and can play at RB and midfield, so I wouldn't be quick to move him on. Taylor (I assume you mean Chris) has also proven to be a decent squad player who can score a goal. Considering we may lose both goalscorers and the rest of our midfield don't contribute goal-wise, I think there's a place for Taylor too.

Cairney is a difficult one. He's had a pretty bad season, but has shown he has the quality to change games when he's motivated. With our embargo status in mind, I'm not sure we could get a replacement in with the same abilities. He's another I would keep.

Our weaknesses lie in the centre of the pitch, we're too easy to move through. Get a couple of strong DM's in and we will hopefully see some improvement. Our issues are likely going to be at the top of the pitch next season, rather than the centre. And in the dugout, but not much anybody can do about that.

A bit harsh imo. Spearing's on loan anyway, so will go back. Williamson and Evans don't add much so could probably go and we wouldn't notice much difference.

I'm not Lowe's biggest fan by any stretch but he's a good squad player and can play at RB and midfield, so I wouldn't be quick to move him on. Taylor (I assume you mean Chris) has also proven to be a decent squad player who can score a goal. Considering we may lose both goalscorers and the rest of our midfield don't contribute goal-wise, I think there's a place for Taylor too.

Cairney is a difficult one. He's had a pretty bad season, but has shown he has the quality to change games when he's motivated. With our embargo status in mind, I'm not sure we could get a replacement in with the same abilities. He's another I would keep.

Our weaknesses lie in the centre of the pitch, we're too easy to move through. Get a couple of strong DM's in and we will hopefully see some improvement. Our issues are likely going to be at the top of the pitch next season, rather than the centre. And in the dugout, but not much anybody can do about that.

I think we are saying the same thing: get a couple of proper centre DM's in and you don't need all the ones I mention, who would seem far worse by comparison than they do now. I would even get a couple of new standby's in; the current lot are too used to under-achieving

• Backroom

I think we are saying the same thing: get a couple of proper centre DM's in and you don't need all the ones I mention, who would seem far worse by comparison than they do now. I would even get a couple of new standby's in; the current lot are too used to under-achieving

Cairney can play behind the striker and on the right, same with Taylor. Lowe can play RB and as an emergency DM/CM, so I'd still keep all three of them.

Seeing as we're limited to frees and loans, we'll probably have to make do with most of the players we have. I'm not convinced we'll get better, considering Bowyer's recent attempts. His best signings have pretty much all had a fee attached to them. Varney, Brown, Spearing, Tunnicliffe... that's the quality of player we're looking at going forward :(

COME ON THEN PARSON, WHAT WENT ON WITH ROBBO AND YOUR MATE BOWYER....?

I am pretty confident that Robbo will pen a book pretty soon on the shenanigans at Ewood over recent times.

Will be a very good read.

I suspect Bowyer will dread the day it happens.

I am pretty confident that Robbo will pen a book pretty soon on the shenanigans at Ewood over recent times.

Will be a very good read.

I suspect Bowyer will dread the day it happens.

Really.

You were 'pretty confident' about a story breaking at the end of last week about a Premier League club coming in for one of our U21s.

Nonsense of course and no surprise of course.

Really.

You were 'pretty confident' about a story breaking at the end of last week about a Premier League club coming in for one of our U21s.

Nonsense of course and no surprise of course.

haha, i'd forgot about that little 'gem'. Apparently Bowyer's writing a book about all the things Mercer has got wrong. Volume 1 is imminent...

haha, i'd forgot about that little 'gem'. Apparently Bowyer's writing a book about all the things Mercer has got wrong. Volume 1 is imminent...

It would be like one of those Encyclopaedia Brittanica mail order jobs were you have to get one weighty tome per month.

Good to see Wigan getting back double what they gave us.

Not sorry.

I have a Wigan supporting friend so I am sorry for him. And the pragmatist in me thinks that the preceeding 36 games went a long way to relegating us. Yes that one confirmed it but it had been expected for months.

Maybe I feel that way because I was in Spain after a wedding and missed that sad and angry occassion. To which I am glad as I had been bursting blood vessels for weeks whilst a lot of sleep walkers in the Riverside fiddled whilst Ewood burned. They were still comatose about it when I returned to my seat for 3 games after Kean moved on. Giving them more stick only gave me brief satisfaction. That whole period soured it all for me somewhat. I wonder if they now regret their inaction now the team is as neutered as they were?

Archived