BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

I did yes Topman, I feel strongly about it.

I have no problem losing my job, getting fined or banned if I feel it's a worthy cause and bringing attention to our plight was worth it.

So did you attempt to organise and/or start a pitch invasion to bring attention to our plight or did you just come on here and bitch about it like the rest of us?

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did yes Topman, I feel strongly about it.

I have no problem losing my job, getting fined or banned if I feel it's a worthy cause and bringing attention to our plight was worth it.

That's a big call if you have a family, a mortgage and a Mrs who doesn't share your passion for football.

Totally disgraceful comment chaddy !!!

If our fans had shown some of this passion maybe we would still be in the prem !!!!

before i am accused of blaming the fans what i mean if some of the non tremblers had stood up and been counted then maybe just maybe then them inadian tosspots may have listened

sorry Abbey, I stand by my comments.

interrupting the game during the 90 mins was disgraceful. plus trying to storm the directors box like some did was for me OTT.

protesting after the game would be better.

BUT I'm not condoning what Karl Oyston has done there or his actions. I can understand their fans' frustrations and why they did the protest.

Chaddy, disgraceful is a term that should be saved to describe what has been done to Blackpool FC. Disgraceful is removing a statue outside the ground of the club's favourite son - which was paid for by fans. Disgraceful is having 6 players in the squad and only 9 on the morning of the opening game of the season. Disgraceful is the way Blackpool fans have been treated. It is not disgraceful to stand up for something you believe in. Trying to get into the boardroom was a step too far, granted, but the on the field protest were largely good humoured.

The reason for being done during the match is because before and after are completely dismissed - as you should know full well. Although I suspect you were on of those soaking up atmosphere in the newly set up fanzone when it mattered most.

All that said, whilst I actually agree with the reasoning behind them - although only for very very extreme cases when every other avenue to put the problem under the spotlight has been explored and/or used - I would not personally take part. This is simply because of the repercussions for my and my family, as those poor Blackpool fans are likely to find out...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32568110

Blackpool released a statement saying: "The club would like to confirm that all available CCTV footage is now being collated and studied by the relevant authorities to identify those who took part in the pitch invasion and other offences of disorder.

"The club will work with the relevant authorities to take appropriate action against all those responsible for disorder offences inside the stadium. The club will also co-operate fully with The Football Association and The Football League in light of any investigations that follow on from the match being abandoned.

Chaddy, disgraceful is a term that should be saved to describe what has been done to Blackpool FC. Disgraceful is removing a statue outside the ground of the club's favourite son - which was paid for by fans. Disgraceful is having 6 players in the squad and only 9 on the morning of the opening game of the season. Disgraceful is the way Blackpool fans have been treated. It is not disgraceful to stand up for something you believe in. Trying to get into the boardroom was a step too far, granted, but the on the field protest were largely good humoured.

The reason for being done during the match is because before and after are completely dismissed - as you should no full well. Although I suspect you were on of those soaking up atmosphere in the newly set up fanzone when it mattered most.

All that said, whilst I actually agree with the reasoning behind them - although only for very very extreme cases when every other avenue to put the problem under the spotlight has been explored and/or used - I would not personally take part. This is simply because of the repercussions for my and my family, as those poor Blackpool fans are likely to find out...http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32568110

Blackpool released a statement saying: "The club would like to confirm that all available CCTV footage is now being collated and studied by the relevant authorities to identify those who took part in the pitch invasion and other offences of disorder.

"The club will work with the relevant authorities to take appropriate action against all those responsible for disorder offences inside the stadium.[/b] The club will also co-operate fully with The Football Association and The Football League in light of any investigations that follow on from the match being abandoned.

+100

I cannot and will not condone violence but direct action does have a part in society.

I suggest Chaddy you look at the root cause (owners and their actions) in such cases rather than the reaction.

Firstly, I understand and know of what is a root cause of it all. I work with a couple of Blackpool fans who tell me what and who the problem is?

Blackpool were always going down after all of the arguments that happened between Riga and Oyston over transfers/signings during the summer.

On me soaking up the atmosphere in the newly set up fanzone? Sadly you are wrong again!!! I don't attend it.

Firstly, I understand and know of what is a root cause of it all. I work with a couple of Blackpool fans who tell me what and who the problem is?

Blackpool were always going down after all of the arguments that happened between Riga and Oyston over transfers/signings during the summer.

On me soaking up the atmosphere in the newly set up fanzone? Sadly you are wrong again!!! I don't attend it.

But the people at the root of it are still there - and it's getting worse! From the outside looking in, it appears to be getting very personal between Blackpool's owners and fans. That can't end well for the club. As far as I'm concerned they are fighting for the club's future existence, regardless of what they were "always going to do" this season. There but for the grace of God...

I withdraw my suspicions but why then did you not join the legal, safe and well organised protests at Rovers when Kean and co were doing their stuff?

I was proud to have joined the protests against K**n and the Venky loons. They were safe and well organised, the biggest disappointment were we did not have a few 1000 more and that we were not inventive enough to take it to India.

I think you need to talk to a Blackpool season ticket holder, El Tombro. Yes, some things are over the top but you've grossly understated things. Not invested heavily? :huh:

Rovers protests didn't really hit the spot though, did they? It wasn't until Singh arrived that things changed. Maybe it was the protests that caused Venkys to bring in Singh but we lost an awful lot during the time it took.

I was at all the protests too, giving up my Sunday mornings and Saturdays, I was also there that Friday night, straight from work in the freezing cold, only a few of us turned up but we were all fighting for the same cause, I would do it all again if it meant getting rid of our 'owners'.

Just seen what Blackpool Fans were doing today.

Totally disgraceful

Can't believe you wrote that you're disgraceful for thinking that... Fair play to Blackpool fan's well done

I was at all the protests too, giving up my Sunday mornings and Saturdays, I was also there that Friday night, straight from work in the freezing cold, only a few of us turned up but we were all fighting for the same cause, I would do it all again if it meant getting rid of our 'owners'.

After what chaddy wrote I bet he wasn't outside Ewood that Friday night

So did you attempt to organise and/or start a pitch invasion to bring attention to our plight or did you just come on here and bitch about it like the rest of us?

Yes is the answer to your question.

Stuart, we've been through a torrid period as Rovers fans, and I have absolutely no doubt that Blackpool fans are suffering even more. Still, this is all about how individuals perceive and react. I may be in the minority, I may not be, but even as a Blackpool fan I can categorically state that I wouldn't do anything to criminalise or financially damage myself, while at the same time enhancing my enemy.

The sentence can certainly be altered to "not invested" without any change of point. It's still Oyston's prerogative if, as the owner, his primary vision is a self-sustaining club. It's certainly true that fans will dissipate because of the way he runs it, but it's still his prerogative. My response, if I didn't agree with him or the way the club was being run, would be to vote with my feet (similar to what the Burnley constituency will be doing this Thursday :D ).

If you're suggesting that Blackpool's pitch protest "hit the spot", then perhaps with football fans it might have, but certainly not to the one that matters - Oyston. Getting his goat will achieve nothing other than court cases against fans. We should be able to warn them about that if we really want to look out for their own well-being!

As for Rovers, we can speculate whether the protests prompted the owners to act, although the sequence of events suggests not. Relegation prompted the owners to want an "eyes and ears" man down at Ewood, given that they had no trustworthy presence down there. Fortunately and unfortunately, Singh was all gob and was an alleged cause of Kean resigning. I don't think any of that was planned by the owners, and thus I don't think the protests made any difference. Not trying to go down this road again and bring the thread off topic, but just want to make the comparison between the results of our protests and Blackpool's protests, which was seemingly nothing other than self-inflicted damage.

Protesting is great for making a point. But it's all down to who's listening and who's taking it seriously. Evidence from both ourselves and Blackpool (and you can look at other protests) suggests that those in power don't listen, although there is still certainly a highlighting purpose to protests.

Blackpool fans wanted the national spotlight - and they now have it. Typical of the media to castigate the fans. I guarantee you that if this had been Arsenal or Spurs fans protesting because of high season ticket prices or because they weren't in the Champions League they would garner media sympathy.

Given the way that other fans treated Rovers fans before they understood everything that was going on, I would not presume to know everything about what motivates fans. Even now I talk to other Rovers fans about the behind the scenes events of the Kean era and they say "oh I didn't know that".

That's a big call if you have a family, a mortgage and a Mrs who doesn't share your passion for football.

Sometimes you to have to do what you think is right Chris and on of the above bothered me In the slightest.

The club at that moment meant more to me than all the things you mention.

Good on the Blackpool fans who were prepared to make their feelings known - and good for the fans leader, who under pressure from the BBC to condemn those supporters, refused to do so.

To what end will the good of the national spotlight do them? None, I suspect, and it could be more damaging than good.

What about the YouTube videos of Arsenal fans hurling verbal abuse at Wenger? It came across to me that the media were disparaging their fans, so I don't think it would matter which club it is, particularly if even a handful of fans behave out of order.

Everyone is now talking and looking at the situation at Blackpool FC, this time last week only Blackpool fans were aware of the situation.

Whilst it may not achieve anything in the long run at least they've tried.

All credit to our fans that protested, but let's face it we went down with a whimper and that leaves me feeling embarrassed.

Can't believe you wrote that you're disgraceful for thinking that... Fair play to Blackpool fan's well done

After what chaddy wrote I bet he wasn't outside Ewood that Friday night

It is my view and I will stand by that. fans storming the directors box was totally unnecessary.

The FA and FL will probably given them a points deduction for next season.

will new signings want to go there after yesterday? does Clark want to be the manager there after yesterday?

Oyston at pool has to be the most destructive ownership in football history. The mans a psychopath.

There is also a counter argument that he has been very constructive. The last decade has emulated the ups and downs of the famous Big Dipper. From 4th Div malingerers (with a shed of a ground which was closed if the sea breeze turned into a wind) who rose to the Premier League and with a brand new ground. I wonder if those fans were canvassed just how many given the benefit of a time machine would return to 1999 and turned Karl Oyston away.

btw How long has Brain Potter been a tangerine fan? I thought he was BWFC through and through.

44.30. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05tyl7j/the-football-league-show-20142015-02052015

^_^

It is my view and I will stand by that. fans storming the directors box was totally unnecessary.

The FA and FL will probably given them a points deduction for next season.

will new signings want to go there after yesterday? does Clark want to be the manager there after yesterday?

Blackpool fans feel helpless Chaddy, point deductions and fines may just be the spark that's required to get the Oystons out of the club.

Venkys think the vast majority of supporters are behind them, I'd like to believe that's not true. A pitch invasion and points deduction would send a clear message to them.

Sadly that time seems to have gone for us, we now have to settle for being shafted and having the @#/? taken out of us week in week out.

we needed to do this but alls we got was called "Tremblers " and abuse for even standing outside the directors enternce,,,abused by fans blaming it all ont the fans.

Our leaders for the protests agreed not to protest whilst the matches were in progress. An odd thing to do imo which (apart from the plane "what plane") ensured that our protests stayed in house and didn't get the required national publicity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05s2h4y/north-west-tonight-02052015

report on the Blackpool game. What an odious, smug, grinning gimp Karl Oyston Den Perry is. Apparently he says 'take a selfie' to his son in the clip when the fans are in front of the Directors box. He was less cocky when they B'pool fans nearly got in the Directors box.

Archived