BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

I know my history thanks.

I also know that the ups and downs of football club support is in no way as important as equality.

Do you think Nelsen Mandela would see ousting the oystens as "an ideal he'd gladly die for"?

It's all relative. One man's apartheid...

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon have to agree to totally disagree with you.....you need to do some research or speak to their fans a lot is about missing cash..amongst a lot of other things..

BTW : think I'm going to have a punt on em going straight down again

Why? None of them spoke to me 3/4 years ago about the venkymob did they? Anyway I still think that Oyston has added to their club rather than ruined it. As far as I am concerned he's gone out on a limb and made an investment in a business and the year in the Prem has allowed him a necessary return on that investment. They are still in a better position than when he took them over.

They are? Football has come moved on in the last 15 years. They are in the exact same tier as they were in 1999 and their facilities are still p1$$ poor, especially in relation to modern football/technology. They are in a better state financially perhaps as they have raked in a lot of money from promotion/parachute payments. Question is, how much of that money has been/is being reinvested into Blackpool football club?

It's all relative. One man's apartheid...

No it's not comparable IMO.

Granted, I know what your kinda saying- if you have a deep visceral bond with a football club it's acceptable to react emotionally.

Obviously freedom is more important on a literal level- I just think the fans should be more conscious that their actions will only have negative repercussions.

When you compare it to our situation. Why would I risk my career and livelihood and freedom to enter and watch my team? To me it defies common sense.

There are much more creative ways to make a point. It's sad that people like Mike Ashley just do not listen to anyone other than £s.

If we really wanted to make a difference... Canvas all fans affected by clubs run badly by owners; Leeds, Portsmouth, Cov, Pool, us etc. Get as many of all to March in London or at the FA.

The people with the power and the say will not rock the boat if their faces are in the troughs. The regulating bodies in football have as much to answer for as anyone.

I still don't know how much of a difference this will make when there is literally billions of pounds swimming around.

If we really wanted to make a difference... Canvas all fans affected by clubs run badly by owners; Leeds, Portsmouth, Cov, Pool, us etc. Get as many of all to March in London or at the FA.

Now you're talking Jb.

No it's not comparable IMO.

Granted, I know what your kinda saying- if you have a deep visceral bond with a football club it's acceptable to react emotionally.

Obviously freedom is more important on a literal level- I just think the fans should be more conscious that their actions will only have negative repercussions.

When you compare it to our situation. Why would I risk my career and livelihood and freedom to enter and watch my team? To me it defies common sense.

There are much more creative ways to make a point. It's sad that people like Mike Ashley just do not listen to anyone other than £s.

The people with the power and the say will not rock the boat if their faces are in the troughs. The regulating bodies in football have as much to answer for as anyone.

I still don't know how much of a difference this will make when there is literally billions of pounds swimming around.

Sometimes you wonder do the FA care about the fans...well look at the FA cup for a start I don't think they give two hoots...

Fair play to Crystal Palace fans with their protests against pricing..

Your last sentance sums it up unfortunately with the billions swirling around English football they won't listen

Now you're talking Jb.

I must say this would be interesting! If the protests included "big clubs" like Leeds there'd certainly be more chance of the FA taking notice.

Sometimes in life you have to make a stand I applaud them for doing so.. Just watched the news clip again and can fully grasp why they went to the directors box in the heat of the moment as even at that moment their clubs owners kept rubbing the fans nose in it

Absolutely bang on the money.

Mikes getting some right stick, but he's very much in the majority if the truth be known.

Blackburn Rovers was once a working class club with passion at its heart. Now it's an entertainment business for the middle classes, and when the going gets tough the fans aren't interested, if only it could rediscover it's working class roots, we'd be in the Bpool mold and fighting for what we believe in.

• Backroom

Mikes getting some right stick, but he's very much in the majority if the truth be known.

Blackburn Rovers was once a working class club with passion at its heart. Now it's an entertainment business for the middle classes, and when the going gets tough the fans aren't interested, if only it could rediscover it's working class roots, we'd be in the Bpool mold and fighting for what we believe in.

Gav it's nothing to do with passion. I want to be a teacher and if I take the chance of going on the pitch in such a manner, that could be a 45 year career taken away from me.

Gav it's nothing to do with passion. I want to be a teacher and if I take the chance of going on the pitch in such a manner, that could be a 45 year career taken away from me.

Times have changed Mike, I forget that sometimes.

I've got a good job, but I didn't think twice about going on the pitch after that **** ****.

We're from different eras, but the Bpool fans yesterday are not, so why did they forget about being teachers, solicitors and factory workers, but you're more concerned about your career?

The Blackpool pitch invaders had told the police and they saw it as a peaceful protest so stood down, this is from a chap who was in the middle of it. The police only moved in when it threatened to become menacing when they began moving towards the tunnel. The club may try and identify the encrochers and ban them but the police won't. It was a bit different in cocos time with 20 odd thousand on plus thousands of away fans. I and plenty others tried at the Wigan game but there was a 3 deep line of stewards, security and police in front of us, plus people were getting trampled over at the front. Most of the Blackpool lot were virtually allowed to walk on from one corner of the ground, different scenario altogether in my view.

Not part of any trade union groups so I wouldnt be striking. And I won't be voting for Labour either. Don't want the 2 Ed's anywhere near running this country government.

If you don't my comments then dont read and just ignore them.

Keep voting Tory Chaddy! I'm sure they run the country for the likes of you and will reward you accordingly!

Make sure you never have a spare bedroom though.

• Backroom

Times have changed Mike, I forget that sometimes.

I've got a good job, but I didn't think twice about going on the pitch after that **** ****.

We're from different eras, but the Bpool fans yesterday are not, so why did they forget about being teachers, solicitors and factory workers, but you're more concerned about your career?

Because mine hasn't started yet and it's one I absolutely want. The ability to help my dad through his bucket list (short term) and provide for my future family (long term) comes first.

I think it's just more sensible to remember that no matter what goes on in football (I was upset yesterday, as Dunny is my first hero - I was 7 when he debuted) there are more important things.

I would fold Blackburn Rovers tomorrow if it meant I could get rid of my dad's cancer.

That's why I will never understand the mindset of someone who gets wound up enough to risk their livelihood, especially when that livelihood provides for others. I think it's selfish for anyone to risk that. Especially over something as trivial as football.

Yes I adore my team and will support it as long as my finances and time allow. But mine and my family's life will always take priority.

If the SNP ensures that a Labour Government acts like a Labour goverment then there will be no complaints from me.

I'd advocate a "bog tax" for those wealthy shirkers who have 3 or more!

Keep voting Tory Chaddy! I'm sure they run the country for the likes of you and will reward you accordingly!

Make sure you never have a spare bedroom though.

Voting Tory in Blackburn is pointless as it's a guaranteed Labour seat.

I will be voting Tory for sure.

Wouldn't vote Labour for 3 reasons. 1, Ed Miliband isn't a strong leader 2, Ed Balls shouldn't be in charge of the Country's finances after he was part of the last Labour government who WRECK the country by over spending and over barrowing. 3, dont want SNP anywhere near this country's government or economy.

4. We have a dreadful low profile labour candidate put in place to suit an agenda which does not have the betterment of Blackburn and the welfare of Blackburn's citizens as a primary consideration.

Because mine hasn't started yet and it's one I absolutely want. The ability to help my dad through his bucket list (short term) and provide for my future family (long term) comes first.

I think it's just more sensible to remember that no matter what goes on in football (I was upset yesterday, as Dunny is my first hero - I was 7 when he debuted) there are more important things.

I would fold Blackburn Rovers tomorrow if it meant I could get rid of my dad's cancer.

That's why I will never understand the mindset of someone who gets wound up enough to risk their livelihood, especially when that livelihood provides for others. I think it's selfish for anyone to risk that. Especially over something as trivial as football.

Yes I adore my team and will support it as long as my finances and time allow. But mine and my family's life will always take priority.

Fair enough Mike, I can't really argue with any of that tbh.

I found myself wound up like a cuckoo clock during ****'s time here. The guy was just a rat and every time he opened his mouth I wanted to smack him in it. I'm not a looney or a nutter but I'd gone over that edge with him and it wouldn't have mattered what I'd have lost in the final game I was going to vent my spleen and that was that.

If he comes back to Ewood in any capacity I'll feel the same also.

4. We have a dreadful low profile labour candidate put in place to suit an agenda which does not have the betterment of Blackburn and the welfare of Blackburn's citizens as a primary consideration.

Whereas the Tories have always had the interests of Blackburn and other northern towns and cities at the core of their being, going back as far as--er---Peterloo!

I will be voting Tory for sure.

Wouldn't vote Labour for 3 reasons. 1, Ed Miliband isn't a strong leader 2, Ed Balls shouldn't be in charge of the Country's finances after he was part of the last Labour government who WRECK the country by over spending and over barrowing. 3, dont want SNP anywhere near this country's government or economy.

Well you won't have a choice cos the snp are sure to take Scotland in a landslide Nicola Sturgeon is a very astute woman pity she can't be prime minister

They were all posh voiced hoity toitys that slagged us protesting after the Wigan game who blamed Us and not venkeanies

They were all posh voiced hoity toitys that slagged us protesting after the Wigan game who blamed Us and not venkeanies

Big difference with Blackpool is every supporter blames the Oystons.

Oyston rubs their nose in it with his selfies when fans were on the pitch driving round with his number plate now reading Oyston out.. Their fans are all one we weren't and still aren't.. Gav is correct Blackburn used to be a working class club pre sky days.. Unfortunately too many Rovers Fans nowadays

So you are a champagne swilling , cigar smoking ,working class hating scab lover .

but Abbey I don't do any of those at all. so you are wrong

I am working class person who does a normal job. wont tell you how much I earn either so don't ask.

but my views are mostly in line with the Tories. less taxes for people, more money into the NHS System, more private sector jobs is the way to grow the economy and

Archived