BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

Wolves and Jackett back into the play-offs, winning a 4-3 thriller at home to Leeds.

I wonder, had we gone down to League One straight away like Wolves did, if we could have used the resources we had then to generate some momentum like Wolves have.

Then again, we have Venkys in charge so we would probably have thrown that chance away.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of envious eyes. There were lots of envious eyes cast in his direction on here if I rem correclty. Another one bites the dust eh? :rolleyes:

What an effort by Bournemouth this season with their small resources.

We can only look on with envious eyes.

Keep up SG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Demin

Speaking of envious eyes. There were lots of envious eyes cast in his direction on here if I rem correclty. Another one bites the dust eh? :rolleyes:

It's amazing how many proven 'managers' the experts on here would have liked to see us appoint have now been sacked for being a bit rubbish.

• Backroom

Mackay has done one terrible job and one amazing job, could have gone either way here.

If we never take a leap of faith we will just stagnate, there is always the risk it could backfire massively obviously though, we are steady now, is that enough? Depends on the aims of the owners - I genuinely have no idea what that is

I'd prefer you to use the example of Brentford SG ... or poss Ipswich too.

Brentford have spent quite a bit since coming up. At least £5m. B'Mouth are flush.

I'd like to see them both go up though. Two of best two teams that have come to Ewood this season, on the eye at least.

Watford can @#/? off. Owning more than one club is wrong.

Mackay has done one terrible job and one amazing job, could have gone either way here.

If we never take a leap of faith we will just stagnate, there is always the risk it could backfire massively obviously though, we are steady now, is that enough? Depends on the aims of the owners - I genuinely have no idea what that is

Nor me but me must be due a few soundbites at the end of this season. They may struggle to sell season tickets without at least some indication of their 'vision'. That's if they care about selling season tickets or even have a 'vision'

MacKay is another manager touted my many on here as a potential Rovers manager, another darling of the press thats failed.

Just a mention for Leeds fans, yes I know they've got a good number of numptys but today’s support at Wolves, with nothing to play for, and a club in turmoil, is nothing short of magnificent. Not many clubs in the country could claim support as loyal and Leeds, just thought they deserved a mention.

MacKay is another manager touted my many on here as a potential Rovers manager, another darling of the press thats failed.

Just a mention for Leeds fans, yes I know they've got a good number of numptys but todays support at Wolves, with nothing to play for, and a club in turmoil, is nothing short of magnificent. Not many clubs in the country could claim support as loyal and Leeds, just thought they deserved a mention.

I admit I would have been happy enough to see him appointed here. I thought he would be a success at Wigan, he had a point to prove and he did well at Cardiff.

Clearly, I was wrong.

I admit I would have been happy enough to see him appointed here. I thought he would be a success at Wigan, he had a point to prove and he did well at Cardiff.

Clearly, I was wrong.

These kind of managers will be a success at some clubs but not at others. Otherwise they would be in the Premier League.

The only other option is to go for an up-and-coming manager, which obviously brings its own risks.

There's something very wrong at wigan I think with the chairman and all that. I think Malky can be a success at the right club. Wigan need to get their house in order or a stint in league one is on the horizon,

Every manager that Whelan has selected since relegation have been envied and coveted on here by many yet Coyle, Rosler and MacKay have all failed miserably. Interesting foot note is that Eric Black is their new Manager.

Every manager that Whelan has selected since relegation have been envied and coveted on here by many yet Coyle, Rosler and MacKay have all failed miserably. Interesting foot note is that Eric Black is their new Manager.

Your point being that because they failed to improve on their previous managers, we will?

You know, and I know that we're heading for a sticky ending Gord - unless you go along with the view that the owners will continue to throw money at a club going nowhere.

• Backroom

Your point being that because they failed to improve on their previous managers, we will?

You know, and I know that we're heading for a sticky ending Gord - unless you go along with the view that the owners will continue to throw money at a club going nowhere.

I think his point was that it's better to stick until you can be sure of the right replacement.

How can you ever be sure of the right replacement?

you can't when Venky's are here, that's the whole crux of it. I think the 'Bowyerettes' :unsure: would be a lot happier if we had any faith in the people choosing his potential replacement.

Your couner-arguement may be that Williams chose Ince and that anyone can mess up and i would say you had a point but that you can't compare Williams with the Venksters. You would wholeheartedly agree and that would be that. ;)

Possibly...

Doesn't that suggest something fundamentally wrong at the club?

The fact Wheelan stood down and stuck a twenty-odd year old in charge doesn't sound too healthy.

There's something very wrong at wigan I think with the chairman and all that. I think Malky can be a success at the right club. Wigan need to get their house in order or a stint in league one is on the horizon,

Wigan have massive issues behind the scenes ( Whelan taking back seat and out the loop his grandson lost 1.2 million on a chip shop venture ...questions being asked who is pulling the strings at the DW ) and if they don't sort stuff out they could be in for another relegation battle in div one......

Wigan were 4th in the league this time last season. Whelan then went on a sacking spree and they're now on their way to League 1. Whelan messed up big time, not helped by his ill-judged comments in the press about his very ill-judged appointment of Mackay. I'm sure his 23 year old relative is making all the decisions though :lol:

I can still picture the pie-eaters smug/joyous faces in the DE Upper on the night we went down. I hope they enjoy League 1 in front of 3k fans.

lol...................Gary Caldwell just been given the job with Graham Barrow the assistant...eric Black 1st team coach

Wigan were 4th in the league this time last season. Whelan then went on a sacking spree and they're now on their way to League 1. Whelan messed up big time, not helped by his ill-judged comments in the press about his very ill-judged appointment of Mackay. I'm sure his 23 year old relative is making all the decisions though :lol:

I can still picture the pie-eaters smug/joyous faces in the DE Upper on the night we went down. I hope they enjoy League 1 in front of 3k fans.

with the appointments just made they'll be falling further don't forget his grandson lost 1.2 million on a chip shop venture...yes thats right a chip shop venture in Wigan...ha ha

Yes,the smugness of the Wigan fans that final relegation game still smarts...justice served.

Feel sorry for Dave Whealan though,an ex Rover who always spoke highly of our club.

never forget DW saying the Blackburn deal didnt seem right

Archived