BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship 14/15

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes,the smugness of the Wigan fans that final relegation game still smarts...justice served.

Feel sorry for Dave Whealan though,an ex Rover who always spoke highly of our club.

Here's hoping that he'll still be around to maybe be a figurehead for Rovers rebuilding process...

Your point being that because they failed to improve on their previous managers, we will?

You know, and I know that we're heading for a sticky ending Gord - unless you go along with the view that the owners will continue to throw money at a club going nowhere.

I do den, just as you do. All we differ about is how fast we are going to get there.

One of the very few,if any in football who gave a damn enough to speak out at the time.

He'll always have my respect for that.

He was a Rover through and through and back in the day would of loved a go at owning BRFC

I was reading earlier that Leeds Utd have only offered Cardiff 500 tickets for the game at Elland Road coming up, Leeds had an allocation of 2000 for the reverse fixture.

After consultation with supporters groups Cardiff have returned all 500 in protest at the allocation, good on em!

Its about time fans started to be treated with respect, we're bloody customers and not criminals.

• Moderation Lead

I was reading earlier that Leeds Utd have only offered Cardiff 500 tickets for the game at Elland Road coming up, Leeds had an allocation of 2000 for the reverse fixture.

After consultation with supporters groups Cardiff have returned all 500 in protest at the allocation, good on em!

Its about time fans started to be treated with respect, we're bloody customers and not criminals.

The 5'0 made it a bubble match apparently and told Cardiff fans to pick them up from a motorway service station. Good on Cardiff for making a stand.

It's about time someone stood up to the plod and gave them what for when it comes to going to the football. Instrusive two hats.

The 5'0 made it a bubble match apparently and told Cardiff fans to pick them up from a motorway service station. Good on Cardiff for making a stand.

It's about time someone stood up to the plod and gave them what for when it comes to going to the football. Instrusive two hats.

Millwall fans had to pick their tickets up at Woolley Edge service station, its disgusting.

Can you imagine Leeds trying to do the same with Man Utd fans, where I guarantee you'll see more trouble than when Millwall visit, would never happen due to finance coming first but still.

So it begs the question why can they do it to Cardiff and Millwall?

Millwall fans had to pick their tickets up at Woolley Edge service station, its disgusting.

Can you imagine Leeds trying to do the same with Man Utd fans, where I guarantee you'll see more trouble than when Millwall visit, would never happen due to finance coming first but still.

So it begs the question why can they do it to Cardiff and Millwall?

Same as west Yorkshire plod do it to Huddersfield Hull...

It never happens in Glasgow Greater Manchester Birmingham or London where in these areas there bigger concentrations of clubs.. Seems to me the provincial plod forces want to rip clubs off with the policing costs, and cream the OT. Or can't do the job they are well paid to do

This should amend the perception of some on here to Dave Whelan.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/nov/10/blackburn-venkys-dave-whelan-wigan

Though his sentiments about rovers being owned by the people of Blackburn was probably heartfelt, his racial slurs have tainted Whelan in my eyes.

Goodness knows what he calls Indians.

Back to the Championship, Derby have 1 win in 9.

Disgraceful, given their squad.

All the networking and Premier contacts are pointless if you're tactically suspect.

Probably the same as just about everybody else with a lazy, limited intellect and which is totally wrong as Paki's come from Pakistan.

As for racial slurs ... 'jews like making money' and 'we used to call chinese people chingalings' . On a scale of racial slurs those don't even rate a 1/10.

Same as west Yorkshire plod do it to Huddersfield Hull...

It never happens in Glasgow Greater Manchester Birmingham or London where in these areas there bigger concentrations of clubs.. Seems to me the provincial plod forces want to rip clubs off with the policing costs, and cream the OT. Or can't do the job they are well paid to do

Didn't Millwall recently kick off at Rotherham?

It's a game of 2 halves of course, but things are looking pretty rosey at half-time in the fight for the much coveted 9th place.

We're holding our own, Forest are losing and the 2 teams directly below us are playing each other. Happy Days!

Didn't Millwall recently kick off at Rotherham?

And what has that got to do with bubble games... south Yorkshire doesn't even have them

It's a game of 2 halves of course, but things are looking pretty rosey at half-time in the fight for the much coveted 9th place.

We're holding our own, Forest are losing and the 2 teams directly below us are playing each other. Happy Days!

The stability top spot

Probably the same as just about everybody else with a lazy, limited intellect and which is totally wrong as Paki's come from Pakistan.

As for racial slurs ... 'jews like making money' and 'we used to call chinese people chingalings' . On a scale of racial slurs those don't even rate a 1/10.

Pakistani people come from Pakistan. Paki is a derogatory term used to insult people from Pakistan.

• Backroom

Though his sentiments about rovers being owned by the people of Blackburn was probably heartfelt, his racial slurs have tainted Whelan in my eyes.

Goodness knows what he calls Indians.

Back to the Championship, Derby have 1 win in 9.

Disgraceful, given their squad.

All the networking and Premier contacts are pointless if you're tactically suspect.

Not defending Whelan by any means. But just about everyone I know who lives in Blackburn unfortunately refers to people who typically look like they may be a Muslim as 'p***'. Imo that's far worse than anything Whelan said which was more a national stereotype than a racial one (as far as I'm concerned he may as well call the French frogs and and the Germans krauts).

Whelan was born in 1936; I had a boss who would say things I would not dare to even think of but in ways, it's a generational thing. They were brought up differently. Have to remember that too and as the above post says, it's not like he's coming out and calling people racist names either.

Believe it or not, Brian Clough back in the '70s said something that would have gotten him sacked certainly today. No, for the record, he did not use a well-known racist epithet but today, it would really be frowned on to say such a thing. John Lennon made a homophobic statement in the '70s, nowadays, there would be no way that some prominent personality could say such a thing without expecting huge blowback.

Not defending Whelan by any means. But just about everyone I know who lives in Blackburn unfortunately refers to people who typically look like they may be a Muslim as 'p***'. Imo that's far worse than anything Whelan said which was more a national stereotype than a racial one (as far as I'm concerned he may as well call the French frogs and and the Germans krauts).

Wow Mike. Where do you live, the 80s??

That says more about your social circles. I've not heard that word (apart from by Gordon) in a lot of years.

• Backroom

Derby's recent collapse must have weakened McClaren's stock a little. Can definitely see Dyche going elsewhere once Burnley drop, but not sure it'll be another Championship club.

Archived