BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SHAW OUT

We're just tinkering around the edges when we're asking for Shaw to be replaced. While he was never the right choice, he's also not to blame in any way, for the situation the club's in. Just changing the chairmans surname won't achieve anything.

People will be of the opinion that it will even though the BRFC chairman is just a puppet with the Indians pulling the strings. For example who for a minute thinks Rob Coar made any significant decisions 20 odd years ago? He was simply tax exile Jack Walker's day to day representative and a necessary figurehead at Ewood Park. Any Chairman at Ewood will simply have to ask "How High" when Mrs Desai says "jump", otherwise they simply won't be there. Cynically I believe 99.99% of us would do the same.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Chairman at Ewood will simply have to ask "How High" when Mrs Desai says "jump", otherwise they simply won't be there. Cynically I believe 99.99% of us would do the same.

Well that last sentence touches on the real crux of the matter. WE might do the same, but any top professional person wouldn't. Any manager at the top of a business and on top of his own destiny would either run it as he knows it should be run, or he/she would get out. It's about knowing what you're doing is right and is in the best interests of the company you're working for. As far as rovers is concerned, it's about having a chairman who will either do it properly - or get out. It's about having a team manager who knows what's needed and will either do it his way or get out. We've had them, - Williams, Finn, Hunt for starters. As long as we employ people like Shaw - and like Bowyer - both promoted above their abilities, neither prepared to make any stand against people asking things of them that are against the best interests of the club and both prepared to ask " how high" when being told to jump, it's going to be very difficult for us to move forward. We need people with integrity and balls.

And on that point, WE might behave in the same way, in which case, in our turn, we would deserve everything that was thrown at us.

A bit of history/philosophy! Diogenes the Cynic used to wander around carrying a lamp in the daytime. When asked why, he would reply that he "was looking for an honest man".

What would he have thought of Ewood?

People will be of the opinion that it will even though the BRFC chairman is just a puppet with the Indians pulling the strings. For example who for a minute thinks Rob Coar made any significant decisions 20 odd years ago? He was simply tax exile Jack Walker's day to day representative and a necessary figurehead at Ewood Park. Any Chairman at Ewood will simply have to ask "How High" when Mrs Desai says "jump", otherwise they simply won't be there. Cynically I believe 99.99% of us would do the same.

You also say that we cannot survive without the Roa's, stop sitting on the fence, doing nothing is never the solution

What a total, utter shambles of a club we have become in a few short years.

Btw did I read somewhere amongst that lot, that Shaw's contract runs out on the 30th June 2015 ??

We can only hope !

My mistake that's what comes of skimming articles.

Yes he's only a puppet, who would most likely only be replaced by another puppet, but I'd still be glad to see the back of him.

You also say that we cannot survive without the Roa's, stop sitting on the fence, doing nothing is never the solution

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_if.htm

Anyway moving on yoda maybe you'd be good enough to outline your plan for BRFC going forward, because I freely admit I don't have one other than what will prove the inevitable one but which no one around these parts wants to even think about.

If we have to have a puppet, and it's a man, I'd rather have one that sounds stronger. Can't stand his high pitched voice

:rolleyes:

You're judgement on blokes is suspect to say the least gumboots. You couldn't stand Sam Allardyce I recall despite him being a strong man with a deep voice.

Anyway moving on yoda maybe you'd be good enough to outline your plan for BRFC going forward, because I freely admit I don't have one other than what will prove the inevitable one but which no one around these parts wants to even think about.

You're judgement on blokes is suspect to say the least gumboots. You couldn't stand Sam Allardyce I recall despite him being a strong man with a deep voice.

Election coming up is there :)

made my views/ideas many times on here

You recall correctly. But then Allardyce was something else. Just made my flesh crawl. Know lots of guys I like Gordon. It's possible to sound like a bloke and not be like allardyce

If we have to have a puppet, and it's a man, I'd rather have one that sounds stronger. Can't stand his high pitched voice

Gumboots here's an idea you don't like his high pitched voice I hate his face how about you join me & Abbey Abs will be the getaway driver drives up to Darwen Tower then holds the gimp you can squeeze his glands I will happily slap him repeatedly because he has the kind of face that needs a good slap and throw him off te tower :lol:

• 1 month later...

Aye, gravy train will chug down to Wembley with Shelfie on it - just networking guys!

Hi

I'm a casual member on this forum and just drop on every once in a while. Can somebody explain to me why shaw is referred to as shelfie on here? Seen it serval times and always wondered what it meant. Apologies if it's really obvious and im being thick

Thanks

Hi

I'm a casual member on this forum and just drop on every once in a while. Can somebody explain to me why shaw is referred to as shelfie on here? Seen it serval times and always wondered what it meant. Apologies if it's really obvious and im being thick

Thanks

Likes to sit on one (fence), doesn't like to rock the Rovers boat, collect big salary, says hello to who he has to. Oh and he's an ex-shelf seller.....

Likes to sit on one (fence), doesn't like to rock the Rovers boat, collect big salary, says hello to who he has to. Oh and he's an ex-shelf seller.....

Ahh thank you for explaining!

no ways will Shaw stand up and be counted in the fight against FFP. he is too much of a useless individual, who is pretty much still one of the luckiest people to have a job considering the Berg fiasco. He will be like one of those guys who stand right at the back when there is a fight, and when they win the fight then he will be all proud of himself having done nothing.

no ways will Shaw stand up and be counted in the fight against FFP. he is too much of a useless individual, who is pretty much still one of the luckiest people to have a job considering the Berg fiasco. He will be like one of those guys who stand right at the back when there is a fight, and when they win the fight then he will be all proud of himself having done nothing.

But wasn't he a top lad in the Preston parrot mob ? :rover:

Archived