BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SHAW OUT

Aye whilst most of look for the worst, me included, there is the possibility he was stitched up on that one. Although if I'd walked into the middle of something like that and been embarrassed to the nation in court and taken the rap I think I'd pretty much have walked straight back out again. Hush money must have been nice.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wasnt sure who to side with, should he then have said listen im not signing something im not sure about. Get everything sorted out properly, and then gone through the documents properly, and then if happy signed. Contracts is something that is very dangerous, and one which could get you into a heap of trouble if not checked a few times over. So if Venkys said okay Shaw you are not to blame as you were tricked into it, why has nobody ever come out and cleared that up, instead people stayed quiet, swept it under the carpet and moved on as if nothing happened?

been offered a seat next him next summer (2016) at a wedding. I said if you want your wedding ruining go ahead and do it.

Can you knock him out while dad dancing to Saturday night fever?

I had a quick chat with Coar at a wake. As we already know he's a waste of time when it comes to Rovers.

There is a very frayed edge there imo. That is certainly not black and white. I'm not offering excuses but I refuse to point fingers at him for that. He was new to the job and pitched in to the middle of a fight for supremecy between Singh on one side and Kean / Anderson / Agnew on the other, and quite probably a fight involving the Rao's too. I've no idea what went on but it's quite conceivable that he signed that doc under someone else's orders from afar and ended up taking the rap simply because his sig was on the doc. Might well be the reason that he didn't get binned off for it?

I agree with you, especially the rogue agent part in particular I find hard to believe, because he's still there (which is why I state I'm not sure on that.) But equally under that circus it's possible he was, and very possible that he screwed up on the contract.

Regardless, even if in the clear on that one, the evidence still doesn't look good for Shaw. A bit of good communication would clear up scepticism a bit more - heck with all we've been through the last 4/5 years you can see why fans will think the worst. And it's far from a record of unmitigated success.

Shaw seems competent enough at doing the day to day jobs of running a club but due to his associations with that horrid agnew I find it hard to trust him. also I think he's a big bowyer fanboy so I don't believe he will be relying an unbiased view of bowyers ability and popularity with the fans to the owners.

I'm not bothered about Shaw, we all can guess the Best/Robbo situations, but to say that Venkys have learnt their lessons is hard to believe.

They are still damaging chances of promotion by employing a coach not a manager, we're in FFP by our own fault, they haven't admited the fans were right about Kean and there is no Exec structure at Ewood capable of making decisions without faxing India first. Until this changes,they won't get any progression.

Sorry , but decent guys don't go to pubs with other Directors to meet supporters with the intention of getting that said supporter to make other supporters lives and their family's a misery .

I too have met shaw a number of times , spoken to him via email and phone and he comes across caring and all the things you state above .

However , sadly behind those words lies another character which my family has personally had to endure pure hell due to his and his associates actions !

First time that happened should have been the last time Glenn. I don't know the details of this but threatening your family through whatever means is stepping over a mark.

I'd be down to Ewood the very next day to speak with said person and if that didn't go well Abbey would be visiting me at Greenbank.

This if true goes beyond football.

Can you knock him out while dad dancing to Saturday night fever?

I had a quick chat with Coar at a wake. As we already know he's a waste of time when it comes to Rovers.

So he does still have the ability to speak?

Shaw seems competent enough at doing the day to day jobs of running a club but due to his associations with that horrid agnew I find it hard to trust him. also I think he's a big bowyer fanboy so I don't believe he will be relying an unbiased view of bowyers ability and popularity with the fans to the owners.

Being under an embargo does not stop the drinks flowing when dealing with frees and loans so Shelf will back whoever he needs to, to keep him on the gravy train, currently GB is Mrs D's blue eyed boy If that changed I'm sure an Ewood version of the Ides of March would soon follow with the Ribble Valley Brutus leading the assault.

Pity he wasn't that big a fan of Bowyer when his mate Appleton miraculously got the job with no help from anybody whatsoever apparently, and sanctioned the ridiculous contract to an expensive London PR Agency to smooth over the appointment circumstances and the consequent Berg court case and "cheatgate, knowing full well at the time the club needed to be penny pinching to comply with the forthcoming FFP measures.

They don't call him 'Burnley Bob' for nowt....

The ability to make you feel like a pleb while talking about a football club we are both meant to support is special. Typical public schoolboy who hasn't time for someone who isn't any use to him.

Push the ladder away.

Now that we are a middling skint midtable championship club then maybe Deggsy is growing into the role. Let's not forget he has experience of a corner shop operation at PNE so now we've shrunk to that level it might match his capabilities re-establishing us as a small club again.

To be fair we had a cockney spiv and a Glasgow prick running the show alongside a young Indian facebook loving cricket fan. That was closely followed by a seemingly well meaning global idiot and a program printer. Hell compared to that lot behind the scenes no wonder they put faith in the shelf man !!

If he wasnt sure who to side with, should he then have said listen im not signing something im not sure about. Get everything sorted out properly, and then gone through the documents properly, and then if happy signed. Contracts is something that is very dangerous, and one which could get you into a heap of trouble if not checked a few times over. So if Venkys said okay Shaw you are not to blame as you were tricked into it, why has nobody ever come out and cleared that up, instead people stayed quiet, swept it under the carpet and moved on as if nothing happened?

Suggests to me that he was acting under instruction from one of the family.

Now that we are a middling skint midtable championship club then maybe Deggsy is growing into the role. Let's not forget he has experience of a corner shop operation at PNE so now we've shrunk to that level it might match his capabilities re-establishing us as a small club again.

To be fair we had a cockney spiv and a Glasgow prick running the show alongside a young Indian facebook loving cricket fan. That was closely followed by a seemingly well meaning global idiot and a program printer. Hell compared to that lot behind the scenes no wonder they put faith in the shelf man !!

but how did he get the job ...yes through his PR PNE buddy..did PNE not have links too any agencies or too a club from a certain city ....

I maybe wrong but a lot of agencies or so called PR/Media outlets are interlinked.

This is going to go against the grain for some of you.

I have today had a very good chat with Mr Shaw, who telephoned me after an exchange of emails over recent weeks.

I can tell you this much, he was very frank, very open and honest and without breaching some of the things he told me, I have to say that I was impressed with him, with what is or appears to be happening and what the future holds for Rovers.

What shone out, despite the views of many on here, is that his passion is there, his work ethic is clearly there (despite a link to PNE) and there is no doubt that he wants good for the club just like the owners.

I reiterate, its not a love in for all, its an honest view based on my conversation with him.

If supporters knew that honest truth about some of the goings on they would very quickly change their minds, if they knew some home truths about how money has been filtered from the club and continues to do so they would change their minds. If they knew the reality of the Leon Best affair, they would fall from their chairs - you get the picture.

What is happening at the club behind the scenes cannot be underestimated. There is so much going on fans have little idea as to how the club are moving forward. The launch of the new kit deal, the new kit and sponsorship has already been announced. There is more to come. On the back of the season ticket announcement, there is clear progress to get off field matters addressed and quickly.

Venkys are fully behind the club. No matter what your view is, you have to understand the lessons they have been taught. They have been hammered, in some cases quite rightly, however in others they have been ripped off completely and sold down the river. They have made their commitment clear.

I was genuinely very impressed with what he told me and what we chatted about. Believe me, what he wants is what we as Rovers fans want. There is a drive, there is an ambition and the will is clearly there.

Finally, we know players have their prices, especially at Championship clubs. Off the pitch Rovers are making huge strides. On the pitch, no player will leave Ewood unless the buyer pays the going rate !

I find it quite worrying that after a few emails Derek phoned you and discussed future plans, player issues and money being filtered etc. Unless he is a personal friend or knows you well you could be anyone, journalist or agent etc.

What shone out, despite the views of many on here, is that his passion is there, his work ethic is clearly there (despite a link to PNE) and there is no doubt that he wants good for the club just like the owners.

Venkys are fully behind the club.

I feel like I should be reassured by that.

I'd be an awful lot more reassured if they found a way around FFP like Fulham, Bolton, Leeds, etc.

Whilst we would all welcome positive change and enhanced communication, for the MD of a club to chat privately with a random fan explaining past events and future strategy suggests to me little has changed. How can he ensure there are no leaks? That he wasn't recorded? I'm not sure the likes of Best would be chuffed reading this, not that I care one iota about him either.

This is BRFC, a multi million pound organisation, steeped in tradition and history, not some pub team playing down the park raising money for a new mower. Where Shaw is concerned I'm not in the least bit suprised. How about letting all our fans know via the Telegraph? Because he probably shouldn't be saying some of these things should he? Tut tut.

You mean just like John Williams used to do? I was even invited to one of his tea and Jammy Dodgers chats myself

Same old, same old from Shaw. If he wants to genuinely engage with the fans he could start by talking to the supporters trust.

But, he won't do that because he sees the Rovers Trust as the enemy.

I can only agree with other posters who question the competence of a man who seems to talk so loosely about company business to random strangers he's had an exchange of emails with, who then posts on here insinuating inappropriate behaviour on the part of employees he is happy to name, but unwilling to back up with any 'facts.'

Like several other posters, I have also met with Shaw and his sidekick Myers, and sadly came away with a briefcase full of platitudes and empty promises. And tat was before the transfer embargo and the last shocking set of accounts was published and deciphered.

Shaw has no intention of genuinely giving Rovers fans a voice at Ewood Park or of ever recommending to the owners that they should talk to us.

I speak here as a supporters trust committee member and, of course, I appreciate there are other supporters organisations and plenty of fans who are not members and not aligned to anything other than the team performing well on a Saturday afternoon.

But, the official supporters trust of the football club you run? It's a pretty damn easy place to start your positive PR push isn't it?

And he does know where we live!

Archived