BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SHAW OUT

Just having a laugh Mike. BUT maybe it's timely to point out that the very first and most important rule of engagement taught above all others to Army Officers at Sandhurst is to 'Identify the enemy'. Blazing away at all and sundry in a scattergun approach is frequently counter productive.

Dunno..... whose to blame from your armchair?

1st casualty of war is the truth is it not.

Did you watch Paxman and Milliband

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a daughter, don't you? For the greater good.

I have 2 daughters. One of them would eat him alive and spit out the bones, and the other would have him organised and the best shelf salesman in the world within 5 mins of meeting him. which one shall I send?

I have 2 daughters. One of them would eat him alive and spit out the bones, and the other would have him organised and the best shelf salesman in the world within 5 mins of meeting him. which one shall I send?

Second one gumboots....... you can send me the first! :tu:

"pulled it off"? :o I think you are speaking for many on here! ^_^

But you are being too modest. I'm sure you'd be OK if David Blunkett were Chairman gumboots. :tu:

btw Abbey. You are currently blaming the venkys, Shaw and Bowyer. Whose next on your hit list, the Tea lady and the kitman?

So are Venkys, Shaw and Bowyer not at fault then?

Absolutely no interest in who this bloke supports but in terms of how he does his job he should have been sacked ages ago. As soon as the Berg court case fiasco happened he should have been sacked and the fact he wasn't just begs the question 'why not'. Strange times.

So are Venkys, Shaw and Bowyer not at fault then?

Shaw and Bowyer may not be the best, it seems they are increasingly not the popular choice either but I prefer to believe they have been left holding the baby and charged with clearing up the devastation wreaked by Kean and Anderson. I know you wont have but your post suggests that you have you forgotten those two 47er. They are the real culprits for destroying the club that Jack built.

I've never forgotten them for a single minute but I hardly know what you are on about anymore.

Its never as simple as you make out. There are degrees of blame and different types of blame. Bowyer is simply being judged as a manager, he is by all reports a decent man, his responsibility for the state the club is in, is much less than others. People criticise him because of his performance and a belief that someone else could do better.

The rest you have mentioned are all a disgrace to football and possibly the human race. The one significant fact is that all were employed by Venkys, there is where the real blame lies.

Having said all that, I'm not sure where this gets us, because, as I said at the start, I don't understand what you are on about.

Shaw and Bowyer may not be the best, it seems they are increasingly not the popular choice either but I prefer to believe they have been left holding the baby and charged with clearing up the devastation wreaked by Kean and Anderson. I know you wont have but your post suggests that you have you forgotten those two 47er. They are the real culprits for destroying the club that Jack built.

Put the blame to one side for a moment, so now it is destroyed, are they the best to rebuild it ?

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/906221052

http://www.lawinsport.com/blog/john-shea/item/henning-berg-v-blackburn-rovers

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/henning-berg-case-blackburn-admit-being-out-of-control-and-incompetent-8590707.html

What a total, utter shambles of a club we have become in a few short years.

Btw did I read somewhere amongst that lot, that Shaw's contract runs out on the 30th June 2015 ??

We can only hope !

Btw did I read somewhere amongst that lot, that Shaw's contract runs out on the 30th June 2015 ??

We can only hope !

Yesterday is not soon enough

We can only hope !

I think that was Berg's contract. Which is probably why he got the million pound pay-off, or whatever it was.

We can only hope !

WYR I believe looking at those 3 articles his contract runs out on 30/6/15

Mind you if it was down to me Abs would be the getaway driver and would happily chuck him off the top of Darwen tower the face slapping teddy bear!.

Savio...

"Berg was appointed Blackburn manager in November 2012 following the sacking of Steve Kean. The negotiations leading up to Bergs appointment were primarily conducted by the clubs Managing Director, Derek Shaw. The owners of the club, Venkys, had no direct involvement with the negotiations. After antecedent negotiations between Berg, Derek Shaw and, to a lesser extent, Shebby Singh, global advisor to the clubs owners, Berg signed a service agreement on 16th November 2012 with Derek Shaw signing the agreement on behalf of the club. Clause 3.1 of the agreement confirmed that it would continue until 30th June 2015 and it was agreed, pursuant to Clause 15.3, that:

In the event that the Club shall at any time wish to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect it shall be entitled to do so upon written notice to the Manager and provided that it shall pay to the Manager a compensation payment by way of liquidated damages in a sum equal to the Manager's gross basic salary for the unexpired balance of the Fixed Period assuming an annual salary of £900,000"

Shaw signed Berg's service agreement.

Probably not the best as I keep reiterating.

I think we all rem that case yoda and we all know that one can not defend the indefensible. Shaw's sig should have been his epitaph. I believe that I made my opinion clear in the first sentence of the post which you quoted.

However is it as black and white as you are making out? Maybe we need to consider events surrounding Berg's appointment. At that time that there was massive upheavel within the club caused by crooked dealings, relegation and events leading up to and following Keans departure. The club had been in the midst of a desperate power struggle conducted between Kean, Singh and Agnew with Shaw coming in as a latecomer and brought in by Agnew and as far as I can remember almost a peripheral puppet figure.

Just speculating (a dangerous occupation) but whilst it was his signature on the contract (him obviously having been made a signatory) he was lower down the food chain than the venkys, Singh and Agnew in that order and it's quite easy to imagine that as he was in place at Ewood he was instructed to sign it by one of the above in their absence. My own guess would be the former with Singh as a possible internediary as we all know that Shaw retained his position at the club in the face of damning criticism in the courtroom as well as the press and media. A big presumption here but would you agree that it's entirely believable that by keeping quiet and taking the public flak he saved certain others from losing face in public?

Will we ever know the full story? :rock:

We're just tinkering around the edges when we're asking for Shaw to be replaced. While he was never the right choice, he's also not to blame in any way, for the situation the club's in. Just changing the chairmans surname won't achieve anything.

Archived