BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SHAW OUT

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, apart from the Berg contract debacle, his contribution to our inability to send a fax, Michael Appleton, and us being only one of 4 clubs in English football not savvy enough to side-step financial fair-play...........

Actually I was going to say apart from that lot I don't know for a fact he is incompetent, but that's enough

Did any one else hear the story about the away coaches being bricked at Dumpdale a few years ago?

Any nob can chuck a brick. In fact it's a cowardly thing to do. Not as if it's standing toe to toe with like minded hooligan numbskulls.

He did get the chair budget down, let's give credit where it is due.

Plus his undeniable sense of style and irrepressible energy give the club a much-needed morale boost in these desperate times.

ahh those chairs! still talked about amongst the elite of football clubs directors , bit like that tackle that reverberated around the training grounds of the footballing world :)

This is going to go against the grain for some of you.

I have today had a very good chat with Mr Shaw, who telephoned me after an exchange of emails over recent weeks.

I can tell you this much, he was very frank, very open and honest and without breaching some of the things he told me, I have to say that I was impressed with him, with what is or appears to be happening and what the future holds for Rovers.

What shone out, despite the views of many on here, is that his passion is there, his work ethic is clearly there (despite a link to PNE) and there is no doubt that he wants good for the club just like the owners.

I reiterate, its not a love in for all, its an honest view based on my conversation with him.

If supporters knew that honest truth about some of the goings on they would very quickly change their minds, if they knew some home truths about how money has been filtered from the club and continues to do so they would change their minds. If they knew the reality of the Leon Best affair, they would fall from their chairs - you get the picture.

What is happening at the club behind the scenes cannot be underestimated. There is so much going on fans have little idea as to how the club are moving forward. The launch of the new kit deal, the new kit and sponsorship has already been announced. There is more to come. On the back of the season ticket announcement, there is clear progress to get off field matters addressed and quickly.

Venkys are fully behind the club. No matter what your view is, you have to understand the lessons they have been taught. They have been hammered, in some cases quite rightly, however in others they have been ripped off completely and sold down the river. They have made their commitment clear.

I was genuinely very impressed with what he told me and what we chatted about. Believe me, what he wants is what we as Rovers fans want. There is a drive, there is an ambition and the will is clearly there.

Finally, we know players have their prices, especially at Championship clubs. Off the pitch Rovers are making huge strides. On the pitch, no player will leave Ewood unless the buyer pays the going rate !

I have today had a very good chat with Mr Shaw, who telephoned me after an exchange of emails over recent weeks.

I can tell you this much, he was very frank, very open and honest and without breaching some of the things he told me, I have to say that I was impressed with him, with what is or appears to be happening and what the future holds for Rovers.

What shone out, despite the views of many on here, is that his passion is there, his work ethic is clearly there (despite a link to PNE) and there is no doubt that he wants good for the club just like the owners.

I reiterate, its not a love in for all, its an honest view based on my conversation with him.

If supporters knew that honest truth about some of the goings on they would very quickly change their minds, if they knew some home truths about how money has been filtered from the club and continues to do so they would change their minds. If they knew the reality of the Leon Best affair, they would fall from their chairs - you get the picture.

What is happening at the club behind the scenes cannot be underestimated. There is so much going on fans have little idea as to how the club are moving forward. The launch of the new kit deal, the new kit and sponsorship has already been announced. There is more to come. On the back of the season ticket announcement, there is clear progress to get off field matters addressed and quickly.

Venkys are fully behind the club. No matter what your view is, you have to understand the lessons they have been taught. They have been hammered, in some cases quite rightly, however in others they have been ripped off completely and sold down the river. They have made their commitment clear.

I was genuinely very impressed with what he told me and what we chatted about. Believe me, what he wants is what we as Rovers fans want. There is a drive, there is an ambition and the will is clearly there.

Finally, we know players have their prices, especially at Championship clubs. Off the pitch Rovers are making huge strides. On the pitch, no player will leave Ewood unless the buyer pays the going rate !

If he was full and frank about various matters then why doesn't he hold a Q&A session with the supporters where questions can be answered, myths either confirmed or denied and start trying to get some trust back between the supporters and those entrusted by the owners with running the club on a day to day basis?

I'm assuming the areas you wish not to breach his confidence, the conversation went along the lines of "don't tell anybody, but....." The supporters have been there SO many times before, I think they call it divide and rule.

Sorry but he has been promoted beyond his ability, you are not the only person/persons that have had contact with over the last year

I wouldn't trust the snivelling runt with running a bath let alone running rovers . Venkys can get stuffed as long as I live . We could win the champions league and not an ounce of forgiveness would come from me

I think some people may think that I have had the ultimate one day pass to the thoughts of D Shaw and co, I haven't and I haven't sought to give that impression.

From my own perspective, I know others within the club, I know others within football and what I have been told is corroborated by others not just by DS.

One of the biggest things we talked about was communication and how much it would allay the fears of many fans, the hiding, the secrecy and so on. This is being addressed. Like I said there is more to come.

BRFC have been stuck in the 20yr rut of the Championship season, radio rovers, pre match entertainment, the backroom staff, the facilities, the corporatism and there are ongoing projects to move this club forward to 2015 and beyond.

I believe that fans will be more involved because its really the only way to get the waverers back onside.

Like I said, its not a love in, its an observation from what I already knew, what I know now and what I suspected I knew but could never get corroboration.

This is being addressed.

Haven't seen any evidence since December 2010...

Like I said there is more to come

This would imply there has already been some - unless I'm missing something?!?!

there are ongoing projects to move this club forward to 2015 and beyond.

Such as?

I believe that fans will be more involved

Based on what?

Sorry if the above sounds harsh - its not meant to. Its just we have been here sooo many times before :mellow:

The way to move the club forwards and re-ignite the fans interest is to employ a manager with a clear strategy and positive approach.

That is the only way to buck the trend of falling attendances.

Sponsorship deals and ticket initiatives, whilst welcome, will not do that.

I previously said well done to Shaw (Six months ago) From what i hear hes been quite stellar over commercial responsibilities.

When you stated we as fans would fall of ours chairs, I had to laugh as old Shelfy cut the budget for this!

Good news trickling out the club these days. No matter what the PNE links at the end of the day he's from Lancashire.

Whilst we would all welcome positive change and enhanced communication, for the MD of a club to chat privately with a random fan explaining past events and future strategy suggests to me little has changed. How can he ensure there are no leaks? That he wasn't recorded? I'm not sure the likes of Best would be chuffed reading this, not that I care one iota about him either.

This is BRFC, a multi million pound organisation, steeped in tradition and history, not some pub team playing down the park raising money for a new mower. Where Shaw is concerned I'm not in the least bit suprised. How about letting all our fans know via the Telegraph? Because he probably shouldn't be saying some of these things should he? Tut tut.

Whilst we would all welcome positive change and enhanced communication, for the MD of a club to chat privately with a random fan explaining past events and future strategy suggests to me little has changed. How can he ensure there are no leaks? That he wasn't recorded? I'm not sure the likes of Best would be chuffed reading this, not that I care one iota about him either.

This is BRFC, a multi million pound organisation, steeped in tradition and history, not some pub team playing down the park raising money for a new mower. Where Shaw is concerned I'm not in the least bit suprised. How about letting all our fans know via the Telegraph? Because he probably shouldn't be saying some of these things should he? Tut tut.

Tend to agree, an MD doesn't have an "off the cuff" chat with a fan and suddenly all is well in Loonland.....did Madame authorise this? No disrespect to said fan, but a new shirt deal doesn't have me salivating, and whilst I agree a player has a price, if they are true to achieving promotion, contract terms permitting, you don't sell your best players and bring in no hopers, and yes you pay for a good manager to do the business. Not convinced, sorry.

I think some people may think that I have had the ultimate one day pass to the thoughts of D Shaw and co, I haven't and I haven't sought to give that impression.

From my own perspective, I know others within the club, I know others within football and what I have been told is corroborated by others not just by DS.

One of the biggest things we talked about was communication and how much it would allay the fears of many fans, the hiding, the secrecy and so on. This is being addressed. Like I said there is more to come.

BRFC have been stuck in the 20yr rut of the Championship season, radio rovers, pre match entertainment, the backroom staff, the facilities, the corporatism and there are ongoing projects to move this club forward to 2015 and beyond.

I believe that fans will be more involved because its really the only way to get the waverers back onside.

Like I said, its not a love in, its an observation from what I already knew, what I know now and what I suspected I knew but could never get corroboration.

Sorry , but decent guys don't go to pubs with other Directors to meet supporters with the intention of getting that said supporter to make other supporters lives and their family's a misery .

I too have met shaw a number of times , spoken to him via email and phone and he comes across caring and all the things you state above .

However , sadly behind those words lies another character which my family has personally had to endure pure hell due to his and his associates actions !

The proof will be well and truly in the pudding. Leeds united have just had their embargo lifted, which is beyond ridiculous, so if we are actually moving forward, I expect ours to be lifted in the very near future.

Good to read - thanks for taking the time to re-lay all that to us.

Fingers crossed the club is moving towards more hopeful times.

I'm an MD of a company, it's hard out there. I have to live and die by my decisions. If I'm not up to the job I expect to be removed. I value my staff. The only difference is that I don't have a sugar mummy with a bottomless pocket bunging me money.

What sh*te is she being fed to allow us to continue in this vein? Glen alludes to the fact there is still a smoke and mirrors environment, and it seems to me they continue to fund a sinking sand situation because they have too much else going on. We are but a small cog in a large chicken run (bad metaphor,sorry)?

• Andy

I don't think the last shirt deal came anywhere near the latest figures wise - that's a result in my opinion, that is also a sign of progression.

The season tickets freeze, the early shirt release is again unprecedented before so again its progression.

There are people on here who only speculate about rumours, pick up the dragons tales, berate others who give an opinion etc. I gave my open and honest view of a conversation I had, nothing wrong with that, and even more so, I give DS credot for not only responding to my emails but to having an indepth conversation about issues I had raised in concerns for the club I love.

There is a whole host of issues I went on about. I got some answers, I got some feelers, I have listened to others and I talk to a lot of people on here who often get slated and now no longer come on because of it.

I think despite what others think, and I include my good friend Abbey in that, Rovers are moving forward like it or not, like venkys or not, there is real progression especially after the mess the club was in 4 yrs ago.

There has to be an element of credit where it is due.

Rovers fans are unforgiving at times but some cannot see beyond their noses about what has happened and what is really happening.

I feel sorry for Glen. He has taken a right real slapping for sticking up for the club he loves. His opinion is his alone and I respect that. I am not asking for others to agree with mine, I gave my views and that is it.

A final snippet, those lauding about Paul Robinson....... well if you only knew the real story...

Archived