BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] SHAW OUT

• Andy
I don't think the last shirt deal came anywhere near the latest figures wise - that's a result in my opinion, that is also a sign of progression.

The season tickets freeze, the early shirt release is again unprecedented before so again its progression.

There are people on here who only speculate about rumours, pick up the dragons tales, berate others who give an opinion etc. I gave my open and honest view of a conversation I had, nothing wrong with that, and even more so, I give DS credot for not only responding to my emails but to having an indepth conversation about issues I had raised in concerns for the club I love.

There is a whole host of issues I went on about. I got some answers, I got some feelers, I have listened to others and I talk to a lot of people on here who often get slated and now no longer come on because of it.

I think despite what others think, and I include my good friend Abbey in that, Rovers are moving forward like it or not, like venkys or not, there is real progression especially after the mess the club was in 4 yrs ago.

There has to be an element of credit where it is due.

Rovers fans are unforgiving at times but some cannot see beyond their noses about what has happened and what is really happening.

I feel sorry for Glen. He has taken a right real slapping for sticking up for the club he loves. His opinion is his alone and I respect that. I am not asking for others to agree with mine, I gave my views and that is it.

A final snippet, those lauding about Paul Robinson....... well if you only knew the real story...

It's ok doing the snippets, leave the Robbo thing alone unless you tell us everything, and judge Shaw by his past record......in my opinion not good, and a fact! High court transcript! Rogue, leave it at that for now.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaw and Agnew are mates, birds of a feather and all that.

Anyway, if he's the MD of BRFC, a multi million pound organisation with all that goes with it, what the hell was he doing at my place of work the other week, measuring up for some 2nd hand racking that's hardly worth a carrot?

Committed my arse.

I wouldn't trust the snivelling runt with running a bath let alone running rovers . Venkys can get stuffed as long as I live . We could win the champions league and not an ounce of forgiveness would come from meMN

Venkys not shelfie little @#/?, Mmmm that would mean promotions and stupendous achievement you cant have THAT much grievance, just think of all the good times never happen mind but 2 billion in our dreams eh

Shaw and Agnew are mates, birds of a feather and all that.

Anyway, if he's the MD of BRFC, a multi million pound organisation with all that goes with it, what the hell was he doing at my place of work the other week, measuring up for some 2nd hand racking that's hardly worth a carrot?

Committed my arse.

I'd have given the @#/? plenty of grief, only wish he'd show his sorry arse at my place, i wish, and i would have the photos to prove little runt.

This is going to go against the grain for some of you.

I have today had a very good chat with Mr Shaw, who telephoned me after an exchange of emails over recent weeks.

I can tell you this much, he was very frank, very open and honest and without breaching some of the things he told me, I have to say that I was impressed with him, with what is or appears to be happening and what the future holds for Rovers.

What shone out, despite the views of many on here, is that his passion is there, his work ethic is clearly there (despite a link to PNE) and there is no doubt that he wants good for the club just like the owners.

I reiterate, its not a love in for all, its an honest view based on my conversation with him.

If supporters knew that honest truth about some of the goings on they would very quickly change their minds, if they knew some home truths about how money has been filtered from the club and continues to do so they would change their minds. If they knew the reality of the Leon Best affair, they would fall from their chairs - you get the picture.

What is happening at the club behind the scenes cannot be underestimated. There is so much going on fans have little idea as to how the club are moving forward. The launch of the new kit deal, the new kit and sponsorship has already been announced. There is more to come. On the back of the season ticket announcement, there is clear progress to get off field matters addressed and quickly.

Venkys are fully behind the club. No matter what your view is, you have to understand the lessons they have been taught. They have been hammered, in some cases quite rightly, however in others they have been ripped off completely and sold down the river. They have made their commitment clear.

I was genuinely very impressed with what he told me and what we chatted about. Believe me, what he wants is what we as Rovers fans want. There is a drive, there is an ambition and the will is clearly there.

Finally, we know players have their prices, especially at Championship clubs. Off the pitch Rovers are making huge strides. On the pitch, no player will leave Ewood unless the buyer pays the going rate !

Okay my friend all well and good, all I hear is yet another in the know person giving it big, please elaborate on all your quotes and conversation with Shaw, or really in effect your quotes are as useless as tomorrows chip paper, and forgive me but rubbish to any comment of confidentiality, you posted, so spill the beans, tell us how Shaw is so passionate, tell us how he has NOT been able to get us out of FFP, yet for other teams as Leeds are an example with an owner seen not to be fit and proper it seems not to be a problem, tell me and others that then we may be not so scathing in our thoughts of said Shaw, I/we are waiting.

Okay my friend all well and good, all I hear is yet another in the know person giving it big, please elaborate on all your quotes and conversation with Shaw, or really in effect your quotes are as useless as tomorrows chip paper, and forgive me but rubbish to any comment of confidentiality, you posted, so spill the beans, tell us how Shaw is so passionate, tell us how he has NOT been able to get us out of FFP, yet for other teams as Leeds are an example with an owner seen not to be fit and proper it seems not to be a problem, tell me and others that then we may be not so scathing in our thoughts of said Shaw, I/we are waiting.

This isn't a court of law. I think people should be encouraged to post on here based on sources direct from the club, not confronted.

I would rather someone post the gist of comments direct from the club than the usual moaning about all things Rovers.

It is amazing that 1864 is getting so much stick for relaying a positive message.

People say show us the proof - well I would say getting a shirt sponsor, releasing BOTH kits prior to the summer holidays is progress - and what most fans were moaning about last season.

It is only a small step, and there is obviously some major things to address - but I think people are being a little unkind on 1864 - don't shoot the messenger.

Fair play to 1864 for his efforts and a crumb of credit to Deadly for communicating. Hard to form an opinion when some say one thing and some another. However the things we do know are the Berg fiasco where if he went rogue then that doesn't paint a pretty picture but if he took one for the team then that neither reflects very well on his character. Factor in he was brought in by Agnew and through this is connected to the old regime of scumbags. Hard to know what to think.

Wasn't Anderson calling fans and having dialogue at one point. All in the effort of a damage limitation on himself knowing the hounds were out to get him. Hmmm......

I wouldn't trust the snivelling runt with running a bath let alone running rovers . Venkys can get stuffed as long as I live . We could win the champions league and not an ounce of forgiveness would come from me

I must have told you a million times not to exaggerate!

This isn't a court of law. I think people should be encouraged to post on here based on sources direct from the club, not confronted.

I would rather someone post the gist of comments direct from the club than the usual moaning about all things Rovers.

Shaw was caught out in a very important court of law, high court Manchester, judgement published, fact, let's not mess about? The judgement was here but I will publish again tomorrow - not flattering about Shelfie!

It isn't a court of law but if people tell you stuff in confidence then you should respect that. Now that Roverite has stuck his head above the parapet I suppose I can put my two penneth in. I spoke to someone who knows what he's talking about (I'll never say who it was or exactly what was said) that person (not really a massive fan of Mr Shaw) said that Shaw 'knows what he's doing' and 'puts the hours in'. Not Earth shattering stuff but it tallies with what Roverite is saying. Maybe the guy should be cut a bit of slack for a bit.

Thanks for this 1864. Whilst not always agreeing with your views I've always found you to be an honest poster so your post is encouraging.

However my big problem is from the evidence I see Shaw isn't all that great.

The Berg fiasco. Even if he wasn't a rogue agent which is possible it's still ahuge muck up.
FFP we're still under it when many clubs aren't. That's poor management. Heck even Leeds are free from it!
There's the lack of communication with fans from him.
What about GB being supported depite poor results and an increasingly alienated fanbase?

Finally you can fool some of the people all the time but not all the people all of the time. And a private conversation which cannot be checked for confidentiality is much easier to lie in

So I hope you're right but have my reservations based on the evidence I see

Fair play to 1864 for his efforts and a crumb of credit to Deadly for communicating. Hard to form an opinion when some say one thing and some another. However the things we do know are the Berg fiasco where if he went rogue then that doesn't paint a pretty picture but if he took one for the team then that neither reflects very well on his character. Factor in he was brought in by Agnew and through this is connected to the old regime of scumbags. Hard to know what to think.

Wasn't Anderson calling fans and having dialogue at one point. All in the effort of a damage limitation on himself knowing the hounds were out to get him. Hmmm......

People forget that Anderson did have dialogue on a few occasions was a very smooth talker as agents are in any walk of life..

Too much doesn't add up IMO things definitely don't seem as they should be behind the scenes what hold has the rogue got.. As in any other business any rogue director would of been well shut of a long while since.

Leeds out of the embargo we can't we be?

Pretty poor this Roverite. You and Degsy have smeared Robinson without giving him any opportunity to refute it. First, he won't even know he's been smeared and second, you have not given any sort of clue as to what he is supposed to have done. So you have maligned him without saying anything to justify it.

Why don't you ask yourself about the probity of the MD of a Club like our's meeting an individual supporter and slagging off one of our players? What sort of bloke is he really? I think Glen has told us. You've only heard the "truth"according to Degsie. I'm with the judge on that one.

It also occurs to me that you are not the only one recently telling us that Degsie is really quite a nice bloke and very efficient. Some sort of PR campaign going on here. Degsy in danger of losing his job? I certainly hope so. Do you think If others emailed him separately, he'd find time to meet? He's picking his targets isn't he?

You wouldn't be a member of the Rovers Trust would you? Genuine question by the way, no idea if you are or not?

Lastly I'll judge by results (bad news for Bowyer and Shaw both). I've been hearing for years now how things are going to get better in the future and I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.

• Andy

I don't think the last shirt deal came anywhere near the latest figures wise - that's a result in my opinion, that is also a sign of progression.

The season tickets freeze, the early shirt release is again unprecedented before so again its progression.

There are people on here who only speculate about rumours, pick up the dragons tales, berate others who give an opinion etc. I gave my open and honest view of a conversation I had, nothing wrong with that, and even more so, I give DS credot for not only responding to my emails but to having an indepth conversation about issues I had raised in concerns for the club I love.

There is a whole host of issues I went on about. I got some answers, I got some feelers, I have listened to others and I talk to a lot of people on here who often get slated and now no longer come on because of it.

Thanks for the considered reply. We all want the best for the club we support and although I don't knock the club for the sake of it, having been in meetings with Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw, Shebby Singh, etc so I guess I'm a little more circumspect than I used to be.

Proof in the pudding - actions speak louder than words - time will let - etc. Fingers crossed this is the new dawn after the misery of the past 4.5 years, and yes small steps are welcome, however lets see what the summer brings first.

:wub:

• Moderation Lead

A lot of shooting of the messenger (Roverite) going on here, he's sharing his own experience, though I must admit I wasn't keen on the return of the carrot dangling (re Robbo!).

A lot of shooting of the messenger (Roverite) going on here, he's sharing his own experience, though I must admit I wasn't keen on the return of the carrot dangling (re Robbo!).

Roverite didn't simply relay the message though, he embraced it. I genuinely hope he's right but my reservations remain and I would not give any credence to what Degsie says. If he told me Rovers play in blue and white halves, I'd check.

I think some people may think that I have had the ultimate one day pass to the thoughts of D Shaw and co, I haven't and I haven't sought to give that impression.

From my own perspective, I know others within the club, I know others within football and what I have been told is corroborated by others not just by DS.

One of the biggest things we talked about was communication and how much it would allay the fears of many fans, the hiding, the secrecy and so on. This is being addressed. Like I said there is more to come.

BRFC have been stuck in the 20yr rut of the Championship season, radio rovers, pre match entertainment, the backroom staff, the facilities, the corporatism and there are ongoing projects to move this club forward to 2015 and beyond.

I believe that fans will be more involved because its really the only way to get the waverers back onside.

Like I said, its not a love in, its an observation from what I already knew, what I know now and what I suspected I knew but could never get corroboration.

well if there is nothing major forthcoming in the next few months, then im afraid 1864 those on here will not let you sleep much. How do you know Shaw was honest and genuine when he said those things to you? Why did he not come out and say those things to a group of people rather than just you? To me it seems that he he spoke directly to 1 individual, and then hoping that you would pass on this information to fans on here etc, and it sounding like things are going well.

If what was said to you is honest and genuine, and things continue to improve, and we have more deals like the Dafabet one lined up and so on, then maybe ill be a bit optimistic about the future. However, until then, im not sure i can trust what Derek Shaw says right now

Guys my reply was not meant to sound like a court of Law, for sure I thank fans for putting things out there such as roverite, what I don't think is correct the inference to Paul Robinson being the bad guy with no explanation, as many have said Shaw was found out in court and that's fact, i do not trust him and he should not be at my club.

The only way I see fit to sort this is to give ABBEY his telephone number.

been offered a seat next him next summer (2016) at a wedding. I said if you want your wedding ruining go ahead and do it.

Thanks for this 1864. Whilst not always agreeing with your views I've always found you to be an honest poster so your post is encouraging.

However my big problem is from the evidence I see Shaw isn't all that great.

The Berg fiasco. Even if he wasn't a rogue agent which is possible it's still ahuge muck up.

There is a very frayed edge there imo. That is certainly not black and white. I'm not offering excuses but I refuse to point fingers at him for that. He was new to the job and pitched in to the middle of a fight for supremecy between Singh on one side and Kean / Anderson / Agnew on the other, and quite probably a fight involving the Rao's too. I've no idea what went on but it's quite conceivable that he signed that doc under someone else's orders from afar and ended up taking the rap simply because his sig was on the doc. Might well be the reason that he didn't get binned off for it?

Archived