BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Were does the 2million a month loss come from.

I struggle to understand were the favourite figure of 2million comes from.From next month we will have best wages only to meet.thats 130k per month i know venkys have lost 100 mill.But apart from running losses which must be miminal weres the 2 million.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where the 2-3 million comes from but heard Jordan Rhodes wages alone will be about £200,000 a month if the 50k per week is right. I really have no clue what each player on these days but say we have a squad of 25 earning an average 15k a week that's 60k a month each so that's £1.5 million a month in first team squad wages alone.

Then there's little bits on staff wages, younger players wages, running/maintaining the academy (couple of million running cost per year?), maintaining the ground/pitch, back handers, etc. I can easily see it being 2-3 million+ out per month.

Not sure where the 2-3 million comes from but heard Jordan Rhodes wages alone will be about £200,000 a month if the 50k per week is right. I really have no clue what each player on these days but say we have a squad of 25 earning an average 15k a week that's 60k a month each so that's £1.5 million a month in first team squad wages alone.

Then there's little bits on staff wages, younger players wages, running/maintaining the academy (couple of million running cost per year?), maintaining the ground/pitch, back handers, etc. I can easily see it being 2-3 million+ out per month.

What about income? 26 home games a season + round it up to 30 with cups, 5000 a gate on top of season tickets, some games like Leeds, Boro, Liverpool at home would have been 7 figure earners. 9000 paying a 250 minimum, 8 million in parachute payments, sponsorships etc.

When we got relegated in 2013, it's easy to see how we may have been losing 2m a month or more, but I think that figure will be much lower than that now.

Also, if Jordan Rhodes is on 50k a week, I'll eat hey with a donkey.

What about income? 26 home games a season + round it up to 30 with cups, 5000 a gate on top of season tickets, some games like Leeds, Boro, Liverpool at home would have been 7 figure earners. 9000 paying a 250 minimum, 8 million in parachute payments, sponsorships etc.

When we got relegated in 2013, it's easy to see how we may have been losing 2m a month or more, but I think that figure will be much lower than that now.

Also, if Jordan Rhodes is on 50k a week, I'll eat hey with a donkey.

Old school. :D

• Moderation Lead

Leon Best won't be helping with his wage, we might have forgotten about it, but he certainly hasn't.....

Though I think the monthly losses are high, like JBIZZLE I think they'll be lower than the £2m originally quoted!

Most of it in hush money to past staff.

Surely not , as we keep getting told Desai and the Rao's are mere guilible fools so any NDA agreements that were signed not under their direct orders or via possibly any 3rd party that that they had an agreement with to run the club on their behalf would be invalid. As we keep getting told there was no agreement with any 3rd parties and they are just confused so surely Desai and the Rao's should be taking steps to get all these payments back and the NDA's null and void and any player pay offs that were not directly issued by or directly on behalf of the owners, after all they have nothing to hide apparently.

Sure it would be a very substantial amount to reclaim with the rogue decisions taken and would certainly reflect well on them rather than allowing the team/club to be dumbed down further

With their reported personal wealth sure the much welcomed 5 million per season transfer fee touted in 2010 could be used to hire a very decent crack team of lawyers

I struggle to understand were the favourite figure of 2million comes from.From next month we will have best wages only to meet.thats 130k per month i know venkys have lost 100 mill.But apart from running losses which must be miminal weres the 2 million.

Most likely STILL paying off most of who've left including managers, backroom staff, players etc maybe even directors. The turnover of people at the club as a whole under Venkys is staggering. Another reason why this embargo may go on a few seasons.

• Backroom

I think the £2m per month was what we were losing 2 years ago when we still had a host of exceptionally high earners (and included paying many off). I suspect that Rhodes will be on the rumoured £40/50k per week, then perhaps Bowyer's signings on between 10-15k each (I include Gestede in that). Just my guessing tbh, but I think we may be nearer to £1m/month losses than £2m/month. Not good, but better than before. We could be back to losing more after this parachute payment, though :/

• Backroom

I think the £2m p/m figure was more cumulative based on the recent available accounts of the time, taking the amount we lost over the course of the season and dividing according between August and May.

In theory we shouldn't be quite that high at the moment but then, even with payoffs factored out, Bowyer has brought in so many players that I'm not sure the wage bill itself is that much lower.

According to this article from May last year: http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/may/22/championship-club-accounts-profit-loss-and-the-wage-bill

We had the second highest wage bill in the division, just behind Bolton.

Another way to look at it, talking round figures the debt has risen from around £20m just less than 5 years ago, to around £100m now. These shrewd business people still haven't been able to control it.

Didnt the £2million a month come out of a quick sum from the published accounts for 2013/14

Our net debt increased from £54.5m to £79.8 million - or an increase of £25.3million in 12 months.

Its rounded to £2m a month cos £2.108 ma month isnt quite as catchy!

I think the £2m per month was what we were losing 2 years ago when we still had a host of exceptionally high earners (and included paying many off). I suspect that Rhodes will be on the rumoured £40/50k per week, then perhaps Bowyer's signings on between 10-15k each (I include Gestede in that). Just my guessing tbh, but I think we may be nearer to £1m/month losses than £2m/month. Not good, but better than before. We could be back to losing more after this parachute payment, though :/

I doubt we're losing that much now but our incomings are low and our outgoings are too high so we will be making a loss. Hopefully we can go with a smaller squad next season which will help.

No Mike 2 years aGo we lost £48million and last year £32million . We are still paying off the likes of Murphy, Etuhu Pedersen and we have paid off Orr as well this year.Rhodes and Best on £75grand a week between them so that's the season ticket And match day Income gone between them . I still think we will lose £25 million in the year to June 30th 2015. If we were only (!!!!) losing £1million a month we would be close to getting the ban lifted but Bowyer keeps saying there's no chance of that happening which probably tells you we are some way above the figure of £1million a month losses.

No Mike 2 years aGo we lost £48million and last year £32million . We are still paying off the likes of Murphy, Etuhu Pedersen and we have paid off Orr as well this year.Rhodes and Best on £75grand a week between them so that's the season ticket And match day Income gone between them . I still think we will lose £25 million in the year to June 30th 2015. If we were only (!!!!) losing £1million a month we would be close to getting the ban lifted but Bowyer keeps saying there's no chance of that happening which probably tells you we are some way above the figure of £1million a month losses.

I know we should be careful with what the club tells us, but didn't we get told that many pay offs and future expenses had been piled onto last years accounts in order to be much nearer in future, to the suggested losses within FFP?

I seem to remember an interview before Christmas. Deggsy involved.

• Backroom

Well the £2m/month figure has been doing the rounds since the BRAG protest days. Why is it suddenly 2m a month now and apparently 4m a month 2 years ago?

Someone is telling porkies. Probably everyone.

I know we should be careful with what the club tells us, but didn't we get told that many pay offs and future expenses had been piled onto last years accounts in order to be much nearer in future, to the suggested losses within FFP?

I seem to remember an interview before Christmas. Deggsy involved.

We probably still had at the end of the season 20 players earning on average £10k a week which is say £15 million in total a year with NI. Then there are all the coaching staff, managerial ,running costs of god knows what , travel , maintenance of Brockhall , Ewood etc. so we could have costs of around £30million and our income is jack.Assuming we have as many think already borrowed against this years parachutes and you can easily see losses of over £20 million.

• 2 weeks later...

From today, we can access 170 million company accounts via Company House. Venky's are there in glorious detail.

https://twitter.com/pjdunleavy/status/612984056066756608

This is a very useful spot from Mark Read.

If you go in and look at Venkys London Limited, it shows they issued a further £15.9million of shares on 9 October 2014 following year ended 31 March 2014 - total issued share capital £100.5million.

Such share issues have been used to keep the football club afloat and coincidentally, the issue equates to approximately £2.5million a month (1 April to 9 Oct.).

BOI overdraft facility was subject to review in Nov 2014 and it's fairly safe to assume that this was extended in order to cover losses from Oct. 2014 onwards.

Whatever way you look at it, these are desperate times financially.

Archived