BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most transfers are undisclosed fees. So I dont the big negative about it.

Cairney has gone and I'm angry that he has gone but hes gone.

But this is not the end of Rovers.

It never will be. .

But it seems even you are starting to smell the morning coffee..

Bowyer out Shaw out Venky's out

You were complaining yesterday that the club wouldn't officially announce the move for weeks, now they have you're complaining that there's no comment from the the manager/club. Pre-season only starts next week maybe there'll be a comment then, or maybe they are all too busy building him a statue to commemorate his one good season with us.

They've only come out with the short statement now because everyone already knew about it.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable to expect someone, anyone, at the club to give some sort of explanation for why the club is cashing in on one of its best players to a club like Fulham.

But us season ticket holders are not worthy of an explanation. Supporters are once again being given the bare minimum explanation. If only they came with some sort of communication i'm sure the reaction would be better.

There is no positive in this, Cairney has gone because GB approved it.

He can't replace him, who else is he going to approve for leaving.

This is a money receiving exercise instigated in Pune and GB, Shaw and Myers etc are all towing the line.

We will be very lucky not to get relegated again this coming season

The end of Rovers? No, although what is to come remains to be seen. At the very best, it is a statement of non-intent.

So Cairneys gone...for the money and a five-year contract at a club that finished 17th last season. Premier League ambition my arse...and not a mention of thanks for Rovers & Bowyer relaunching his stagnating career. Cheers Tom, don't let the door hit you on your quiffy bonce on the way out.

UP THE ROVERS

The club keeping information to a minimum for a change:

Rovers midfielder Tom Cairney has today joined fellow Championship club Fulham for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old moves to Craven Cottage on a four-year deal.

Cairney arrived at Rovers on loan from Hull City in August 2013, before making the move to Ewood Park a permanent one in January 2014.

In total, he scored nine goals in 85 appearances for the club

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/tom-cairney-fulham-2509033.aspx#pIr8R5T3Pr6TJ84h.99

No comment from the manager or player as to the reasoning behind this move. No word of thanks to the player for his contributions to the club. No mention that he was player of the season in his time here.

Pathetic.

Poor form that but hardly surprising.

Everton Myers is so quiet as the Communications Officer (or whatever he is) that I'm wondering if he and Burnley Bob are one and the same.

Neither club nor player thanking the other for their efforts, when it comes to a player who has been a regular feature of the side for two years and won club awards in that time...all a bit odd. I wonder if there has been a falling out of some sort behind the scenes.

The part being slightly overlooked here is that Bowyer is the guy who signed him in the first place. Turned him into the player of the season 2 seasons ago. His player recruitment gives me enough confidence to think that he will sign some decent players, whether that will balance the imbalance in our team I don't know.

More people will leave and this will hopefully make a difference to FPP because it will show we are going some way towards to cutting costs.

The time to discuss prospects for next season will be once the window closes. We need to see who we get in to replace the people leaving.

But it seems even you are starting to smell the morning coffee..

He'll just change to tea ;)

Bowyers record in the free and loan market cannot give anyone any solice.

What a sorry and growing* mess we have become

* we all thought we'd hit rock bottom, well these idiots are bottomless

He wants to play in the PL and thinks he can do it with Fulham,

WTF does that say about our ambition,

Stability stinks,

We are witnessing the end of the Rovers

Its been like that since the Raos rolled up

Don't worry it's stability and taking care of their Baby. Ooops what went out with the wash..........

Thanks for bringing it up again, I'm sick of saying it. I feel like I should put a hyperlink into my sig to the stats I posted, as I'm getting really fed up of people saying that he is soft or doesn't put a tackle in.

I'm of the opinion that any player who has flair is automatically deemed by the supporter base as not putting a shift or a tackle in, whether true or not. I think it's a subconscious psychological thing. I was thinking back and the only player who I recall in my time as getting credit for work rate and tackling, who also had flair, is probably Duff. I've posted hard stats that show Cairney puts in plenty more tackles than Lowe and Evans, winning a higher rate too, and yet people say he never puts a foot in. I might start telling my bedroom wall instead, at least it will listen.

Couldn't agree more. Happens time and time again. Formica and Rochina also suffered from this. All the Rovers supporters want is donkeys who "put in a shift". They are totally anti football and the manager is one of them too.

So ability like Cairney walks out the door whilst garbage like Hanley on a fair wedge still remain... Disgusts me. Letting go of Judge looks like increasing piece of excellent business also.

Not the end but what have we become. Not long ago the Dingles hated us but looked up to us with respect and jealousy. Now we are a laughing stock and the butt of their jokes. How has it come to this in so short a time? "When you have a Mini and they have a Ferrari........"

The only reason I can see for this sale is that GB must have some midfielder pretty much signed up already. Selling TC with no replacement is suicide.

The only way we could adequately replace the lad is by loaning a promising player from at top prem club because there are no freebies at the right wages that would fill his place.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned or asked but does anyone know how much money we have to make to get out of the embargo?

It only gets reviewed in Jan anyway, probably after the next set of club accounts so nothing will happen till then no matter how much is raked in. It depends on how the year losses will be looking.

The only reason I can see for this sale is that GB must have some midfielder pretty much signed up already. Selling TC with no replacement is suicide.

You are forgetting that this is Gary Bowyer we are talking about. Don't try to make sense out of it.

So in other words we're crippled and bleeding till January?

Feel like the words "fair play" are just a big laugh in our faces.

Correct if there is an exodus. If there are multiple exits I suppose we could always loan in some quality with the promise of a nice contract after the loan. Then get the embargo lifted in Jan, sign em all up on good money then get slapped with a new embargo, but we'd have new decent players in, Job done :)

Archived