BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Young, talented player... you keep hold of people like that if you're looking for promotion.

Careful with the promotion talk, you don't want to be setting any targets....

Anyhow, he's nearly 25, so mid-career for my money, hasnt nailed down a position in a poor side, and although technically a good footballer has too many flaws to be reliable enough to build a team around. Agree with the principle of not selling your better players, but Cairney is a luxury in our set-up, possibly someone a more attacking manager may get more out of?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the spirit, and less of the 'deluded', questioning fellow posters faculties is known as 'incitment' on here.

opinion

əˈpɪnjən/Submit

noun

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

And which of our young players are going to be the exciting players who are actually good enough at this level? Most who've watched them don't seem to think many are good enough

I don't know i've never seen the youths play, but unless they are really poor, I don't think you ever know for sure how they are until you give them a real chance, im not expecting players of the dunn, duff calibre, but just players that can do well at this level when given time and support to adapt to the step up. the leagues are scattered with decent players that went through our academy but didn't get much of a sniff(if any) of 1st team football. All I'm saying is id rather see the accedmy being utilised than us signing other clubs journeymen rejects like paul taylor, tunnicliffe, varneyy... if we are going to bring players in on loan they should be hungry young players from prem clubs with bags of potential and looking to make a mark(Doneil henry..)

As has been already posted Cairney is having a medical with Fulham and expected to complete the deal very soon. Believe that the deal is in the region of £2.3 million with around another £1.5 million in add on's.

Watford will be making a serious bid for Gestede within the next few days, player is pushing for a move.

Ben Marshall is also likely to be subject to a bid from West Brom and Norwich, Derby also interested.

Jordan Rhodes agent is expecting a big bid from a club within the next week (no idea who it is).

My source in Pune has told me this week that the owners have approved the sale of any player as long as the sale is approved by Gary Bowyer.

As for incomings, O'Hara has a number of offers from a few clubs, including Rovers. Rovers also actively working on 2 other targets.

I'm getting confused here.

According to Bowyer the policy with regard to selling players is that if an offer is received for a player then that will then subsequently be sent to the owners for consideration. Only if that offer satisfies Venkys valuation will they authorize the sale of said player.

Now the policy seems to be that Venkys have authorized Bowyer to sell anyone he wants to.

So which one is it?

Who has the final call here?

In relation to the rumours above, what possible use would WBA have for Ben Marshall? In January they signed McManaman from Wigan and they've signed McLean already this summer and have been linked to Matt Phillips.

I expect that the 'big bid' Rhodes' agent is referring to will be from Middlesbrough. And given the events of the last 24 hours I wouldn't be surprised to see him sold to them for £6-8 million.

Of course we've no choice in the matter because FFP only applies to us. Meanwhile clubs like Derby, Boro and Fulham can go around spending millions on players with no ramifications.

Just come back from holiday to learn our only midfielder with any creativity is off... But Jason Lowe will be like a new signing. Up yer arse Gaz your a puppet lad. Positive spin to cover their arse for ruining our club.

Speaking of his young side Gaz repeatedly said 'it takes time' well now you've taken so long you're gunna have no starting 11 next season you goon. Losing Marshall and Cairney will be equally detrimental as losing Rhodes and Gestede... No creativity in midfield and no finishing ability up front. Reading people's comments about Cairney make me remember what I've always known about the majority of our fans... Absolutely clueless. At least his sale will cover the losses for July which will seem like a drop in in the ointment compared to where we could be this time next season.

Someone please start up the protests again because it's the only way I'll want to go to Ewood next season. Join the promotion push.

Bowyer (Venky Boy) Out! Venkys Out!

Name me another club in the Championship that has had to sell its best players to rivals to avoid an embargo.

I'll give you Leeds with McCormack. Any others?

The embargo can and should be avoided without having to offload prized assets to rivals.

If Cairney wanted to go then questions need to be asked of Bowyer and his staff why he wanted to.

I don't buy the London stuff. He's a northern lad who has lived in Yorkshire most of his life. What exactly is the 'London lifestyle' anyway.

Fulham are under the same restrictions as us (supposedly). No club in this division can spend £10 million on players and avoid the embargo if the rules are enforced properly. Look what happened to us when we did it.

Do you know how much the losses are going to be this season or next? If you do then that will tell you if we need to sell a player to exit the embargo. It was £24m in the last accounts, the limit is £8m. It's irrelevant what other clubs did or didn't do.

Check tkturners post, he said Cairney has gone because it was 'a good opportunity' for him. That normally means money/lifestyle.

Fulham are under no restrictions whatsoever.

Just come back from holiday to learn our only midfielder with any creativity is off... But Jason Lowe will be like a new signing. Up yer arse Gaz your a puppet lad. Positive spin to cover their arse for ruining our club.

Speaking of his young side Gaz repeatedly said 'it takes time' well now you've taken so long you're gunna have no starting 11 next season you goon. Losing Marshall and Cairney will be equally detrimental as losing Rhodes and Gestede... No creativity in midfield and no finishing ability up front. Reading people's comments about Cairney make me remember what I've always known about the majority of our fans... Absolutely clueless. At least his sale will cover the losses for July which will seem like a drop in in the ointment compared to where we could be this time next season.

Someone please start up the protests again because it's the only way I'll want to go to Ewood next season. Join the promotion push.

Bowyer (Venky Boy) Out! Venkys Out!

You're still a class act though pal.

Don't mean to derail the thread but opinion seems split on Cairney.

Decent technique but overall a bit passive in midfield ?

Player of the season year before last - but had a poor time of it last season. Skilful with a touch of class and can unlock defences - he's definitely an asset when he's on form.

O'Sullivan should be given a good run in the squad, with Cairney gone (confirmed?)

id forgotten about this guy,now a true roverite,pictured on twitter in lpool with his own rovers shirt on cheering the boys on,whilst on loan in deepest yorkshire.

And which of our young players are going to be the exciting players who are actually good enough at this level? Most who've watched them don't seem to think many are good enough

what parsonblue is the only one who posts,ive a very good mate who rates 3 or 4 very highly and i judge his word over pb and gb to be honest.

Young, talented player... you keep hold of people like that if you're looking for promotion.

we have in henley ollson the spanish keeper o,sullivan

He's simply the face for the actions taken in Pune, more fool him too.

jesus someone has to manage us,would jose put up with it NO,would 98% of the remaining managers put up with it YES

from what ive seen more intrested in his hair being just right,than a crunching tackle,should fit right in at kings road

Nice to hear from you ffan.

Hopefully you'll noted the general tone of the thread and reaction to Cairney's imminent departure. Those 'looking on the bright side' are definitely in the minority but that's more to do with the relative lacking of the squad as a whole. Cairney is one of the best of a bad bunch and stands out without being consistently brilliant but that's because, as a left footed central midfield creator, our manager plays him wide right and occasionally wide left and occasionally in his best position in the centre. That's largely because to be effective in the centre he probably needs the kind of midfielder that we don't have - a tough tackling monster. This despite us needing such a player for the last two years and despite about 20 incomings and outgoings not addressing it.

Happy days. All the best mate.

As has been already posted Cairney is having a medical with Fulham and expected to complete the deal very soon. Believe that the deal is in the region of £2.3 million with around another £1.5 million in add on's.

Watford will be making a serious bid for Gestede within the next few days, player is pushing for a move.

Ben Marshall is also likely to be subject to a bid from West Brom and Norwich, Derby also interested.

Jordan Rhodes agent is expecting a big bid from a club within the next week (no idea who it is).

My source in Pune has told me this week that the owners have approved the sale of any player as long as the sale is approved by Gary Bowyer.

As for incomings, O'Hara has a number of offers from a few clubs, including Rovers. Rovers also actively working on 2 other targets.

Thanks Kamy for the update/info.

I expect Gestede to go. But we need know who his replacement will be.

Any idea who these 2 targets are?

Bowyer is in charge of transfers then Like Ive been saying.

It's not cairney himself going that is the issue. It's not that he's great. It's not that we couldn't cope without him if we needed to. He's not an integral part of a good plan to ge.t us playing better winning football. It's that we are selling a player who can, played properly, create and score goals to a team that finished way below us, without his apparently having angled for that move, are getting peanuts for him in relation to our debt and can't spend any of it replacing him. It's the fact that it is the thin end of the wedge and once the door creaks open a fraction, who knows how many more players we can't replace will have gone through it.

I'm not getting a season ticket unless something happens to give me a glimmer of hope. Well, this is just the opposite. It's the first sound of the probable exit towards league one, not because Cairney is a fantastic player, but because of what his exit could represent.

• Backroom

Player of the season year before last - but had a poor time of it last season. Skilful with a touch of class and can unlock defences - he's definitely an asset when he's on form.

Exactly: 'can'. How often 'did' he?

I'm disappointed to see him gone tbh, but he's no Tugay.

It's not cairney himself going that is the issue. It's not that he's great. It's not that we couldn't cope without him if we needed to. He's not an integral part of a good plan to ge.t us playing better winning football. It's that we are selling a player who can, played properly, create and score goals to a team that finished way below us, without his apparently having angled for that move, are getting peanuts for him in relation to our debt and can't spend any of it replacing him. It's the fact that it is the thin end of the wedge and once the door creaks open a fraction, who knows how many more players we can't replace will have gone through it.

I'm not getting a season ticket unless something happens to give me a glimmer of hope. Well, this is just the opposite. It's the first sound of the probable exit towards league one, not because Cairney is a fantastic player, but because of what his exit could represent.

Good post. League One could be excused if we were doing everything to avoid it. At the moment we seem to be setting ourselves up for exactly that.

Exactly: 'can'. How often 'did' he?

I'm disappointed to see him gone tbh, but he's no Tugay.

Silly post. If you are going to compare players to Tugay you are in for a lifetime of disappointment.

Guaranteed relegation because of no players and/or administration because of the "shares"? I'm sure you're not really praying for that GAV

Think bigger picture Jbizzle, bigger picture.

Give me administration any day over missing owners, journeymen championship players, no direction and plummeting attendances.

The debts growing so administration becomes more of a possibility by the day.

VENKYS OUT

Thanks Kamy for the update/info.

I expect Gestede to go. But we need know who his replacement will be.

Any idea who these 2 targets are?

Bowyer is in charge of transfers then Like Ive been saying.

He's not even in charge of the TV remote ..He's a pupett

Venkys out

I tell you what, there is deffo something weird going on with Venky's. I am led to believe that other than a short conference call no one at the club has had any real communication with the owners over the entire summer. There was meant to be a meeting in Switzerland but Venky's decided to suddenly return to Pune.

As for transfers, while Venky's need to approve big sales like Rudy and Jordan, if Gary was adamant that he doesn't want to sell the likes of Cairney then these players won't be sold.

The FFP sanctions will remain until January (unless the QPR judicial review changes the situation), other clubs such as Forest are using creative ways to get around them. Rovers are not, again with the lack of direct communication with the owners over the summer could it be a sign that Venky's are preparing to sell the club?

I tell you what, there is deffo something weird going on with Venky's. I am led to believe that other than a short conference call no one at the club has had any real communication with the owners over the entire summer. There was meant to be a meeting in Switzerland but Venky's decided to suddenly return to Pune.

As for transfers, while Venky's need to approve big sales like Rudy and Jordan, if Gary was adamant that he doesn't want to sell the likes of Cairney then these players won't be sold.

The FFP sanctions will remain until January (unless the QPR judicial review changes the situation), other clubs such as Forest are using creative ways to get around them. Rovers are not, again with the lack of direct communication with the owners over the summer could it be a sign that Venky's are preparing to sell the club?

Kamy didn't one of the 2 Ians comment the Club isn't buyable so Venky's must be getting another exit plan in place

No interest in Hanley or Lowe?

There's a surprise.

First names on Gaz's team sheet though.

Archived