BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 2

Carney is only good in the centre of a 4-4-2 against poor opposition or in a 3 man centre midfield which also includes someone more attacking than him and more defensive than him (ie Dunn and Lowe). There has to be someone available on loan better than him in a 2 man centre midfield, Marshall and Taylor are both better than him "in the hole" and Conway and Marshall better wide players. Therefore I don't think him leaving weakens the first eleven. The big problem though is depth. Marshall can't play right back, on the wing and behind the striker!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As has been already posted Cairney is having a medical with Fulham and expected to complete the deal very soon. Believe that the deal is in the region of £2.3 million with around another £1.5 million in add on's.

Watford will be making a serious bid for Gestede within the next few days, player is pushing for a move.

Ben Marshall is also likely to be subject to a bid from West Brom and Norwich, Derby also interested.

Jordan Rhodes agent is expecting a big bid from a club within the next week (no idea who it is).

My source in Pune has told me this week that the owners have approved the sale of any player as long as the sale is approved by Gary Bowyer.

As for incomings, O'Hara has a number of offers from a few clubs, including Rovers. Rovers also actively working on 2 other targets.

I'd like to think that we are going to see a lot of our young players given a real chance in the 1st team this year, its the only thing that would excite me about the coming season, but no doubt bowyer will just bring in a bunch of below average journeymen and outcasts on frees and loans instead of seriously giving youth a chance.

We still have a large 1st team squad, made up of players GB has signed, about time he had to start getting the best of what he has rather than continuing to spend money on players or similar or worse ability than he currently has.

As for the youth, well we'd all love that, but I don't think there's many knocking on the door. Maybe Cairney's natural replacement is John OSullivan?

As has been already posted Cairney is having a medical with Fulham and expected to complete the deal very soon. Believe that the deal is in the region of £2.3 million with around another £1.5 million in add on's.

Watford will be making a serious bid for Gestede within the next few days, player is pushing for a move.

Ben Marshall is also likely to be subject to a bid from West Brom and Norwich, Derby also interested.

Jordan Rhodes agent is expecting a big bid from a club within the next week (no idea who it is).

My source in Pune has told me this week that the owners have approved the sale of any player as long as the sale is approved by Gary Bowyer.

As for incomings, O'Hara has a number of offers from a few clubs, including Rovers. Rovers also actively working on 2 other targets.

Marshall is another one like Cairney for me, looking at the club's interested suggest that we might get another inflated fee.

I'd like to think that we are going to see a lot of our young players given a real chance in the 1st team this year, its the only thing that would excite me about the coming season, but no doubt bowyer will just bring in a bunch of below average journeymen and outcasts on frees and loans instead of seriously giving youth a chance.

And which of our young players are going to be the exciting players who are actually good enough at this level? Most who've watched them don't seem to think many are good enough

I just pray that they sell all the assets and sod off.

Guaranteed relegation because of no players and/or administration because of the "shares"? I'm sure you're not really praying for that GAV

Marshall is another one like Cairney for me, looking at the club's interested suggest that we might get another inflated fee.

If it wasn't for Marshalls superb purple patch at the beginning of last season we'd likely have been even further off the play offs. He went off the boil granted, not helped by being stupidly shunted to right back but he still had his moments and always put more of a shift in than TC. We've seen nothing from Cairney like we've seen sporadically from Marshall. He would be a big loss.

The entire club is a @#/? disgrace from top to bottom. I can't express how delighted I am not be to getting a season ticket again next year. Completely and utterly lacking in any ambition and belief.

Selling Cairney for 2.3 million is a complete waste. It pays two months debt. For anybody talking about how this is to pay off the debt and get out of an embargo you are truthfully deluded. This will do nothing but weaken the team and its being allowed by Pune and the negative Bowyer.

The best free signing we could possibly make would be to bring John Williams back in and give him the power to make decisions.

Doesn't matter who we buy or sell until we have proper management in charge of the club.

Any hints as to positions/past clubs?

Dear me. We've sold Tom Cairney for an inflated fee yet it's like the day Shearer went for some.

I'd say get a grip but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Inflated fee? We're selling Cairney to Fulham to continue paying off Murphy and Etuhu, from Fulham.

You tell me who got the better deal.

Dear me. We've sold Tom Cairney for an inflated fee yet it's like the day Shearer went for some.

I'd say get a grip but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

I get the feeling that it's actually you who's been melodramatic.

Sometimes I feel you;re actually hooked on aggro because not only are you being melodramatic, you're inciting people with that post as well.

Fine, you don't feel that selling Tom Cairney is a big deal, I understand. He's not the greatest player ever to pull on blue and white halves. But for some of us, it's a worrying sign. Characterising people with genuine concerns as not being in full control of their faculties is demeaning and unnecessary.

we have to sell players to get out of the embargo. Also, as intimated by other posters, Cairney wanted to go. Do you want players at the club that don't want to be here? Like you say, he's gone to a club below us. Why? Money? London? You'd need to ask him. We can't spend money, Fulham can, to the tune of £10m this summer apparently. They well be making a push for promotion. You aren't comparing like with like. We're ferked till the embargo is lifted...and beyond.

Name me another club in the Championship that has had to sell its best players to rivals to avoid an embargo.

I'll give you Leeds with McCormack. Any others?

The embargo can and should be avoided without having to offload prized assets to rivals.

If Cairney wanted to go then questions need to be asked of Bowyer and his staff why he wanted to.

I don't buy the London stuff. He's a northern lad who has lived in Yorkshire most of his life. What exactly is the 'London lifestyle' anyway.

Fulham are under the same restrictions as us (supposedly). No club in this division can spend £10 million on players and avoid the embargo if the rules are enforced properly. Look what happened to us when we did it.

The entire club is a @#/? disgrace from top to bottom. I can't express how delighted I am not be to getting a season ticket again next year. Completely and utterly lacking in any ambition and belief.

Selling Cairney for 2.3 million is a complete waste. It pays two months debt. For anybody talking about how this is to pay off the debt and get out of an embargo you are truthfully deluded. This will do nothing but weaken the team and its being allowed by Pune and the negative Bowyer.

That's the spirit, and less of the 'deluded', questioning fellow posters faculties is known as 'incitment' on here.

Archived