BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacha Petshi Megathread

Tom

Let's face it - he's here because he's cheap and he fills a shirt in the squad. If he turns out to be a reasonable player it's a bonus.

Won't all our signings be cheap anyway?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it - he's here because he's cheap and he fills a shirt in the squad. If he turns out to be a reasonable player it's a bonus.

If filling a shirt is a priority, we've done very well here. That must be an XL or XXL he can fill out for us. Bargain. I've got a mate weighs over 20 stone, would take the job for just over minimum wage. I'll pass his CV on to Shelfy.

Genuinely hope he turns out to be decent but for me he's just signed as a very cheap low risk back up player. It's a signing though I suppose but I won't be getting carried away, it is what it is and unlikely to make an instant impact on the team in the league. A 45 min cameo against Stanley means zilch, I watched Dabo in his first game in the U21's and he looked decent, soon found out though.

They've had him on trial a few weeks so I'm happy to trust Bowyers judgement although i'll state now I don't think he'll sign a proper midfielder even if there's a chance of one. That's his mid sorted now I reckon, anyway this lad will prob end up centre half or something.

dabo has just had a very good season in france by all accounts, he was never given a chance in our 1st team from what I remember, so im not sure what it is that you "soon found out" tbh, sure bowyer never picked him, but that can mean anything under this regime, dabo recently said in an interview that he was never picked by bowyer because bowyer told him he only wanted to pick players that would be at the club the following season(which makes you wonder why he was signed at all :wacko: )

Can he do it on a cold, windy night in Stoke?

French weather isn't to much different in most parts(apart from the south) and it seems he's played most of his football against cruddy teams most likely with cruddier grounds with zero atmosphere.

I meant HE looked to have been found out i.e he struggled with the pace and physical nature of the English game even at that level. Either that or his heart wasn't in it from what I saw. Read the post correctly, I didn't mention first team or me finding out anything !

And we are still after that chap called Kim!

Got to make up for no longer having Nikola.

We do currently have the unisex Jordan though. Chris can be a girl's name too, though I'm stretching there.

Wiki says he's 6ft 4in. At least he has something going for him.

Good job Bryan Douglas wasn't 6'4" otherwise he wouldn't have been able to "turn on a sixpence".

With regard to these two Frenchmen who have signed for us, we must give GB the benefit of the doubt.

Most of us are of the opinion that GB is poor in some aspects of his management such as tactics and substitutions timing and personnel.

But I think we agree that he and his scouts have an eye for talented players. I can't wait to see these newcomers in action in competitive games.

Good job Bryan Douglas wasn't 6'4" otherwise he wouldn't have been able to "turn on a sixpence".

With regard to these two Frenchmen who have signed for us, we must give GB the benefit of the doubt.

Most of us are of the opinion that GB is poor in some aspects of his management such as tactics and substitutions timing and personnel.

But I think we agree that he and his scouts have an eye for talented players. I can't wait to see these newcomers in action in competitive games.

I'd disagree that we'd agree.

Personally I think his signings have been a weakness.

• 3 months later...

He has some very raw talent but from what I have seen of the under 21's he is not ready to feature for the first team. I'd let him go out on loan to a league 1 club.

If someone wants to take over his contract, I'd let him go. We have enough CM to cover, and even with injuries he's hardly even made it to the bench.

Archived