SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sacha Petshi Megathread

Tom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a room you two.

Good luck to the lad. We need young hungry players who will battle it out and be more consistent/better than the opposition, three times a week over the course of a 46 game season. Not players who turn it on 5 or 6 times a season and are bloomin awful for the rest of it.

Hope he does well

WE SIGNED AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGt8B5glZ.png

Discuss

Its no wonder the coaching staff get stick, unless our new defensive tactics are to play with the nets the wrong way round.

In other news, no idea on the guy, hope he's better than his career record currently is. Wish him well though.

By the way we already have 3 defensive central midfielders, so a strange first signing of the summer for me.

Its no wonder the coaching staff get stick, unless our new defensive tactics are to play with the nets the wrong way round.

In other news, no idea on the guy, hope he's better than his career record currently is. Wish him well though.

By the way we already have 3 defensive central midfielders, so a strange first signing of the summer for me.

I'd say it's stranger that we offered Williamson a new deal. Whilst he might be better than Evans, he's still way below par for this league. Hoping Petshi has what it takes to make an impact.

An interesting signing - where does that leave Lenihan ?

Genuinely hope he turns out to be decent but for me he's just signed as a very cheap low risk back up player. It's a signing though I suppose but I won't be getting carried away, it is what it is and unlikely to make an instant impact on the team in the league. A 45 min cameo against Stanley means zilch, I watched Dabo in his first game in the U21's and he looked decent, soon found out though.

They've had him on trial a few weeks so I'm happy to trust Bowyers judgement although i'll state now I don't think he'll sign a proper midfielder even if there's a chance of one. That's his mid sorted now I reckon, anyway this lad will prob end up centre half or something.

Potentially another Dabo-esq signing but I'll give him a chance.

Dabo didn't get a sniff here and he played at a higher level in France than this guy. Reserving judgment though and hope he turns out to be an Nzonzi-esq French signing!

Amazing how players can play so little football in their careers. has this fella had a lot of injuries or something. He seems to have played 40 odd senior games at the age of 23. Sems strange for someone who made his debut at 17 and I can't imagine that teams in the French 3rd Division and the Serbian league keep huge squads of players in reserve. On paper looks like the most underwhelming player we have ever signed but who knows, he might be a gem. Let's reserve judgement and just be thankful of the fact we have signed someone.

This feels like promotion, championship, Chris Sutton banging in a late goal to secure UEFA cup qualification and a Davud Dunn, five yard offside goal against the dingles all rolled into one. Definitely going to be top two now, at least 15 points clear of the play offs.

Let's face it - he's here because he's cheap and he fills a shirt in the squad. If he turns out to be a reasonable player it's a bonus.

Wiki says he's 6ft 4in. At least he has something going for him.

The French game is a lot less physical than in England so its possible he has not been valued so highly on that front and slid under the radar. That's the straw I'm going to clutch anyway.

We've had some success with the random trialists before - Samba, Marcus Olsson and Nzonzi obviously - even Dabo was actually a good p!ayer (had a solid season in Ligue One this year) but we didn't play him for suspicious murky reasons. I susepct he was brought to the club without Bowyers wanting him). Though less said about Goulon the better.

Crossed fingers...

Archived