BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

We won't get relegated Imo for several reasons.

1. The table is so tight that even with our horrendous start we're not far behind other teams. One win and we're back in the mid-table mix.

2. There are teams worse than us. Cardiff and Bolton easily and Hudds about similar, perhaps weaker. All of whom should do worse than us.

3. We do attack well when desperate - ie the last 10 min of the game. When we do we look dangerous. As we increasingly need the win I imagine we'll kitchen sink attack earlier and earlier in a game, and when we are on the front foot we've looked like getting points.

4. We still have players capable of doing a bit of magic creating something from nothing. Rhodes, Conway, Barrow and allegedly Marshall (based on last season) all could create something to get us out of a hole.

5. And most importantly I believe the squad is capable of doing a lot better. If we look like relegation later on in the season even Venkys will get rid of GB. And I believe anyone, anyone, could get more out of the squad. And if they can get more from the team we will do a lot better.

We won't get relegated Imo for several reasons.

1. The table is so tight that even with our horrendous start we're not far behind other teams. One win and we're back in the mid-table mix.

2. There are teams worse than us. Cardiff and Bolton easily and Hudds about similar, perhaps weaker. All of whom should do worse than us.

3. We do attack well when desperate - ie the last 10 min of the game. When we do we look dangerous. As we increasingly need the win I imagine we'll kitchen sink attack earlier and earlier in a game, and when we are on the front foot we've looked like getting points.

4. We still have players capable of doing a bit of magic creating something from nothing. Rhodes, Conway, Barrow and allegedly Marshall (based on last season) all could create something to get us out of a hole.

5. And most importantly I believe the squad is capable of doing a lot better. If we look like relegation later on in the season even Venkys will get rid of GB. And I believe anyone, anyone, could get more out of the squad. And if they can get more from the team we will do a lot better.

What makes you so sure?

• Backroom

Considering we couldn't beat either Cardiff or Bolton at home I'm not sure we can proclaim to be better than them.

Of all the teams in the division I'd only say Rotherham are definitely worse than us. Without Rhodes even that might come into question.

You say Cardiff and Bolton weaker than us, that's two teams, 3 teams go down you know? So are you saying its between us and Huddersfield for that last relegation spot?

No. Rotherham and Bristol City would also be in the mix and strong contenders for the drop. Also think it'll be interesting to see how the other 2 promoted teams do when they have a few bad rests or injuries. Plus think forest will be down there.

Point I was trying to make is 2 teams I've seen have been rank bad and a third not much better. All of which is cause for optimism.

Mind you I'm not too happy we're relying on 3 teams worse than us.

What makes you so sure?

Well no one can be 100% certain but think they're not under the poisonous influence that kept Kean in a job, but since then when we've looked like relegation or performing badly (as oppose to underperforming) they've sacked managers quickly. Also whatever plan they have their exit strategy or whatever it is cannot be served by going down to league 1.

Anyone else received the e-mail from the Rovers Trust 'The sound of Silence'?

Looks like moves are afoot again.

Yep. I assumed it was just a reminder that they are still about.

That flippin' Swiss rambles article was in it though. :wacko:

Considering we couldn't beat either Cardiff or Bolton at home I'm not sure we can proclaim to be better than them.

Of all the teams in the division I'd only say Rotherham are definitely worse than us. Without Rhodes even that might come into question.

Absolutely :tu:

As for Rotherham, they gave a footballing lesson away last season, so I'm not sure they're worse than us either.

Regardless, its going to be a long hard season.

• Backroom

Absolutely :tu:

As for Rotherham, they gave a footballing lesson away last season, so I'm not sure they're worse than us either.

Regardless, its going to be a long hard season.

I think Rotherham are worse this season, but wouldn't conclusively say we're better than them. We'll see in due course.

There's a lot of bravado at the moment but I'm genuinely worried about or chances of relegation under Gaz.

The idea that we'll be worse off if Bowyer goes is ridiculous if he's already taking us down.

Bowyer doesn't lose 3 games on the bounce, that could keep us up.

Appointing a less experienced, cheap alternative would be worse if he can't get to grip with things quickly and start winning games with this poor squad we've assembled. With less experience he's going to struggle.

Edited by GAV

Oh that's a relief, he doesn't lose three on the bounce! Why didn't you say so earlier, could've saved me needlessly worrying about relegation.

And what's all this about him being experienced? you make him sound like trapatoni! As if the last three years of deckchair manoeuvring has somehow magically transformed him into a great manager!

• Like 1

Berg & Appleton were sacked during a board-room tug of war between Shebby & Shagnew. We're now back to the kind of situation we had under Kean, where no one wants to rock the boat.

Good point. Even so they had to have some reason/grounds for suggesting the sackings, to convince venkys to do so. Hence one reason I think he'll eventually go.

Don't get me wrong I've been unhappy with bowyer for a long time and have often raised his flaws. Nor do I think we'll do well this season. Just that we won't get relegated this season.

Bowyer doesn't lose 3 games on the bounce, that could keep us up.

Appointing a less experienced, cheap alternative would be worse if he can't get to grip with things quickly and start winning games with this poor squad we've assembled. With less experience he's going to struggle.

12 days in march 2014 :

Bolton 4 Rovers 0

Rovers 1 Burnley 2

Rovers 0 B/Mouth 1

Once in 2 1/2 yrs :rock:

Not a bad record really is it WYR

Looking at the 2nd result I'd say once in 35 years Gav. Have you forgotten how gutless we were in that game and, furthermore, how we were worse in the following game when you'd expect a response?

• Like 3