BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Relegation Thread

Relegation a bit premature after 1 league game,

My concern is we are filling the remaining spaces of the squad with too many players which occupy similar positions. Surely a centre half and out and proven centre forward should be priority ?

If we were sat in the bottom 3 come end of october, i cant see these clowns sacking him, that being said he has been allowed this window to bring some players in, so if he went monday , someone else would inherit what I believe is a massively imbalanced squad , which is very short of quality.

Steele, Raya and Eastwood - Cant see many wanting these three and worth very little.

Ollson- Massive improver but championship his level and wouldnt fetch an awful lot

Killgallon- Our best centre back but cant see any takers

Hanley- Talk of £4 mill- snap their hands off

Duffy- Worth what? 500k??

Henley- Would get a few million for him

Lowe - £1.5 mill max?

Williamson- Free

Evans- 500kk

Conway - £1.5 mill

Marshall- £3 mill

Rhodes £12 mill

Brown- Free

New signings - Free

Young lads all well under a million

Whoever inherits this squad imo will inherit the worse squad we've had in over 30 years

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 2

Relegation a bit premature after 1 league game,

My concern is we are filling the remaining spaces of the squad with too many players which occupy similar positions. Surely a centre half and out and proven centre forward should be priority ?

If we were sat in the bottom 3 come end of october, i cant see these clowns sacking him, that being said he has been allowed this window to bring some players in, so if he went monday , someone else would inherit what I believe is a massively imbalanced squad , which is very short of quality.

Steele, Raya and Eastwood - Cant see many wanting these three and worth very little.

Ollson- Massive improver but championship his level and wouldnt fetch an awful lot

Killgallon- Our best centre back but cant see any takers

Hanley- Talk of £4 mill- snap their hands off

Duffy- Worth what? 500k??

Henley- Would get a few million for him

Lowe - £1.5 mill max?

Williamson- Free

Evans- 500kk

Conway - £1.5 mill

Marshall- £3 mill

Rhodes £12 mill

Brown- Free

New signings - Free

Young lads all well under a million

Whoever inherits this squad imo will inherit the worse squad we've had in over 30 years

I can't see him being potted either Glen, but I'm sure you've said before that he wasn't unsackable? What makes you so positive this time that he won't be if we're in the mire in several months time?

It's always "ever so well"... Sounds like a primary school teacher at a parents evening... "Oh Lowey has done ever so well" *pinches cheek

I can't help it and I find Bowyer's speech pattern irritating to the extreme because aswell as the monotone etc etc etc I also do not think that he actually believes a word he's saying.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Anything less than a win at Bolton will leave us in deep, deep trouble. The only positive of drawing/losing that game is that it might be enough to trigger some serious dissent from the fans towards Bowyer, which could increase his chances of walking away.

Unfortunately for us, Venky's would probably then go and hire somebody even worse.

Anything less than a win at Bolton will leave us in deep, deep trouble. The only positive of drawing/losing that game is that it might be enough to trigger some serious dissent from the fans towards Bowyer, which could increase his chances of walking away.

Unfortunately for us, Venky's would probably then go and hire somebody even worse.

Craig short would be the worryingly obvious choice.

The return of an old favourite

Next 9 games taking us to November. What are your predictions?

Fulham A - L

QPR A - L

Charlton H - W

Hull A - L

Ipswich H - D

MK Dons A - D

Derby H - L

Dingles H - L

Leeds A - L

5 points from the next 27 and 8 from the first 42

• Backroom

With Bowyer at the helm I believe we are destined for the drop. Not being able to beat a pitiful Bolton side at Ewood is almost as bad as failing to beat Blackpool last season. There are not enough goals in this team to survive under the current non-style of play.

We need a big change, very quickly. Too many players in the comfort zone and if Bowyer's grin at the end of the match is anything to go by, a manager in the comfort zone as well.

• Like 2