BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff At Home 18Th August

Henley does seem to be fairly poor, but if Lowe is better why not start him at RB and have Guthrie in midfield alongside Akpan? Or one of the other dozen centre midfielders we have?

That's the change i would make straight away. I can only think he likes Lowe's energy and tackling in midfield, he did make two very good tackles last night that got us right out of the mire and does press the ball well. But he is certainly not friends with the ball.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henley does seem to be fairly poor, but if Lowe is better why not start him at RB and have Guthrie in midfield alongside Akpan? Or one of the other dozen centre midfielders we have?

Do you mean Lowe moving across to somewhere else in defence? Would we still not end up with a player playing out of position regardless?

Yes but I think it was last sub ? So I'm talking in the event of going down to ten. Anyway we absolutely know the real reason :blink:

• Backroom

Two points to SpeedieDived:

Duffy came from Premier League Everton.

Koita didn't come from 'French league 1', he came from Ligue 1 (French Premier League), you may be thinking of Petschi.

Two points to SpeedieDived:

Duffy came from Premier League Everton.

Koita didn't come from 'French league 1', he came from Ligue 1 (French Premier League), you may be thinking of Petschi.

Pretty obvious i meant Duffy had played 37 times for a team relegated from the Championship to league one the year before joining us.

I meant Koita had come from the French top division, was not prepared to get my pidgin French out for the pronunciation :-).

What is it with the majority of our fans who boo and moan when we pass backwards? Football is about outscoring your opponents. If there is nothing on in front of you then you change the angle of attack which most times means passing backwards. The amount of times our fans booed at this was unbelievable. I was cringing in my seat. If we have the ball then they cannot score, simple. I remember when we would have the ball for a good few mins before the oppositon got the ball back. Its called patient build up play. If you go gung ho and lose the ball then we are succeptable to a counter, so the patient passing, in any direction must be applied. The people moaning are the ones who are lacking in football intelligence and just want to see attack after attack. Id be happy to keep the ball for most of the game then score near the end and win 1-0. Our fans mentality has drastically changed since Venkys took over. Before them there was no booing and moaning on backwards passing RETAINING POSSESION. And I bet if you sat at the Camp Nou or Bayerns ground, their fans wouldnt be pi$$ing and moaning when a backwards pass was made. Anyway, rant over. The booing and moaning WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD EFFECT ON THE PLAYER. So encourage them rather than slating them.

All we do is pass it back. Mess around with it for a while and then go long. Where is the logic in that. Jason Lowe for me is one of the worst players we have had. He offers absolutely nothing. Rarely involved in anything. He panics every time he does receive the ball and tries his best to not be an option. If he does get it it's a one touch pass backwards.

• Backroom

I can only think he likes Lowe's energy and tackling in midfield, he did make two very good tackles last night that got us right out of the mire and does press the ball well.

Have we not brought in Akpan to do this? We don't need two players doing the same job in the centre.

Have we not brought in Akpan to do this? We don't need two players doing the same job in the centre.

A lot of teams now tend to play with two defensive midfielders, not saying i agree with it but it's certainly a modern thing.

If you play two up top now you tend to get over run in midfield, think this is to counter act this.

Ouch. I didn't enjoy reading that.

From what I've read there are some posters whose opinions deserve respect who thought we were rubbish last night. However, given that the prevailing mood on here 24 hours ago was that we would be beaten, shouldn't there be a bit less sackcloth and ashes and a bit more satisfaction that we salvaged a point at the death despite apparently not playing well?

Chris I don't think anyone knew how bad Cardiff would be. At least as poor as Blackpool last season if not more so. They offered literally nothing in attack or defence. That's what grated - that the opposition was so woeful and we couldn't finish them off.

Well if I had not improved significantly in my job over three years I would be out on my arse, what the hell does he do all week, have you seen any improvement, I have seen stubbornness from him and that is not beneficial at all.

It's his stubbornness that is so irritating. The whole fan base can see that the midfield is seriously held back by the inclusion of Lowe but Bowyer refuses to listen. It's no wonder he is unpopular.

• Backroom

Pretty obvious i meant Duffy had played 37 times for a team relegated from the Championship to league one the year before joining us.

I meant Koita had come from the French top division, was not prepared to get my pidgin French out for the pronunciation :-).

No problem mate, just clarifying :)

• Backroom

A lot of teams now tend to play with two defensive midfielders, not saying i agree with it but it's certainly a modern thing.

If you play two up top now you tend to get over run in midfield, think this is to counter act this.

Lowe's issue is that he doesn't generally contribute going forward. Even a DM needs to show some initiative when it comes to passing up the field. Lowe's range of passing seems to be too poor to play in the centre of the park.

It's his stubbornness that is so irritating. The whole fan base can see that the midfield is seriously held back by the inclusion of Lowe but Bowyer refuses to listen. It's no wonder he is unpopular.

The whole fan base - must admit I missed the show of hands prior to the start of the match.

Henley was poor last night, more so than Lowe. As poor as he is on the ball, Lowe is better than Henley. It's a sub that has been made numerous times before, nothing really to see here.

Totally disagree. Henley overlapped well all game making space for our midfield and even won a corner without support.

Admittedly not great defensively but didn't need to be as Cardiff offered nothing. All in all it was daft to sub him instead of Lowe who had an utter stinker.

Totally disagree. Henley overlapped well all game making space for our midfield and even won a corner without support.

Admittedly not great defensively but didn't need to be as Cardiff offered nothing. All in all it was daft to sub him instead of Lowe who had an utter stinker.

Have to agree to disagree on this one. He looks like he needs to be playing with a Mitre Delta 4, struggles to get the ball off the ground and often stops attacks going backwards.

The whole fan base - must admit I missed the show of hands prior to the start of the match.

I wouldn't know. I was not there as a protest against Bowyer and Shaw. (I know it's futile but I need to do it.)

I know it's poor from Raya and he should learn to put his foot through the ball, but was Duffy left ball watching for their goal? The two centre halves split when lowe came to receive the ball originally, but once it's cleared and Lowe moves forward that 3 - 4 yards (picking up his man), Duffy should immediately be thinking to move inside to narrow that gap between him and Hanley. He should 1. do this naturally wherever the ball goes from raya 2. Do it @#/? sharpish when the clearance is hap-hazard like that. Lowe even points to him to pick up Mason and he still seems slow in getting across.

So shopping at pound land should make it a racing certianty that we go up.Den your old enough to remember the dark days,were there again just got a bloody big beautiful stadium to rattle about in.Every team that goes up this season will spend in excess off 15 million.

I've been around long enough to know that the only chance of going up is to appoint a good manager capable of bringing in the right type of player and moulding them into a team that's difficult to beat. That doesn't take tens of millions in this league.

Dont blame Raya for the goal,.. I think we were solid at the back yesterday and thats a big plus! We must now work on scoring goals.

Raya

Lowe, Duffy, Hanley, Spurr

Maybe this is a more solid backline, hardworking players.

And then have Henley and Olsson to come on in games when needed.

Midfeld

Marshall, Guthrie, Akpan, Conway

Delfouneso/Koita, Rhodes

I do think we are better with Jason Lowe at right back.

Lowe at Right back is a daft idea for me. We need full backs who get up and down and can put a cross in. Henley can do that. Lowe on the other hand won't get beyond half way. He might be slightly more defensively solid but will offer hugely less than Henley going forward.

Lowe needs to be dropped.

Jason Lowe was a danger ONLY to our own goal last night.

How many passes backwards did he make compared to forward passes? A total abysmal performance from him.

As for the team 1st half, no cohesion, no drive, no energy, no pride and no effort.

2nd half marginally better until the 83rd minute !

I have lost patience with Bowyer time to go

What is it with the majority of our fans who boo and moan when we pass backwards? Football is about outscoring your opponents. If there is nothing on in front of you then you change the angle of attack which most times means passing backwards. The amount of times our fans booed at this was unbelievable. I was cringing in my seat. If we have the ball then they cannot score, simple. I remember when we would have the ball for a good few mins before the oppositon got the ball back. Its called patient build up play. If you go gung ho and lose the ball then we are succeptable to a counter, so the patient passing, in any direction must be applied. The people moaning are the ones who are lacking in football intelligence and just want to see attack after attack. Id be happy to keep the ball for most of the game then score near the end and win 1-0. Our fans mentality has drastically changed since Venkys took over. Before them there was no booing and moaning on backwards passing RETAINING POSSESION. And I bet if you sat at the Camp Nou or Bayerns ground, their fans wouldnt be pi$$ing and moaning when a backwards pass was made. Anyway, rant over. The booing and moaning WILL NOT HAVE A GOOD EFFECT ON THE PLAYER. So encourage them rather than slating them.

very good post. but i think you might consult sam allardyce re:no booing or moaning before the venkymob trapped up. :tu:

Archived