SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer Most Likely Not Sacked

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Someone at the FF needs to get a grip of the media strategy:

@roversfansforum: If Gary Bowyer had been sacked it would have been reported by the club. Until that point he is our manager #rovers #BRFC

Presumably there are several people posting on the same account?

Especially odd considering they were reporting it as fact

• Backroom

my guess would be that shaw his told him he's fired but as usual nothing is concrete until venkys sign of on it, which can take ages or just result in shaw losing his job and gb keeping his.

I get the impression it's something to do with our dysfunctional hierarchy as well. Shaw may have decided he wants GB out and leaked it to somebody at the Sun, possibly to ramp up pressure? But hasn't yet got it signed off by Venky's and hasn't told Bowyer anything about it.

Pure speculation on my part, but again, it seems very odd for any publication, even a red-top, to put their @#/? on the table in such a manner unless they're pretty sure about the story being true.

Glen Mullan similar to Kamy. Reads news and reports it to pretend he is ITK. Someone has to say it. Both nice guys though :-)

I do recall Glen gave us info when we bought Yakubu and a few others. He certainly has info that has proven to be correct.

Seems strange that literally nobody beyond the Sun is reporting this yet. Begs the question of where the Sun got its information from.

News outlets get this kind of thing wrong all the time so I doubt they'd be too upset if Gary is still there tomorrow. Part of the trade. But they don't tend to make this kind of thing up out of nothing.

Something has gone on that's been reported as a sacking.

• Backroom

Venkys just sending out a serious warning to bowyer to get his act together.....bet his not sacked n bet we now win at Bolton followed by draws and defeats and eventual sacking probably end of next month!

I tend to think this is how it will go just a bit longer dragged out

• Backroom

News outlets get this kind of thing wrong all the time so I doubt they'd be too upset if Gary is still there tomorrow. Part of the trade. But they don't tend to make this kind of thing up out of nothing.

Something has gone on that's been reported as a sacking.

It's just strange how they've phrased it so definitely. Normally there's at least some kind of wording to suggest it isn't a final decision, but not so in this story.

I get the impression it's something to do with our dysfunctional hierarchy as well. Shaw may have decided he wants GB out and leaked it to somebody at the Sun, possibly to ramp up pressure? But hasn't yet got it signed off by Venky's and hasn't told Bowyer anything about it.

Pure speculation on my part, but again, it seems very odd for any publication, even a red-top, to put their @#/? on the table in such a manner unless they're pretty sure about the story being true.

If that is the case then the person behind it needs sacking, didn't Kamy hint the other day at somebody at Ewood being up to mischief

Hi Derek!

@glen9mullan: At present im hearing that rovers poor start to the season is being reviewed but NO decision on Bowyer has been made and reports not true

I mean, what does that even mean 'reviewed'?

"Ahh he's not started well, let's see how much sh*tter he can be?"

Archived