BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Sam Autobiography

Anybody had a read of this? Regarding Rovers, there isn't much we didn't know, but there are still some nice jabs delivered.

He says he knew Jerome Anderson was going to play a big role in Venky's running of the club when he had dinner with him in London. The Barnet spiv handed him a list of transfer targets and put him on the phone to Mrs. Desai, who talked a lot of bunkum.

After the 7-1 defeat to MU, Desai called him wanting to know what had gone wrong and he told her that the team needed proper investment and it didn't seem to go down too well.

After Williams told Sam he and Tom Finn had been forced to sack him, he added 'and Macca as well.' Sam asked who was going to be in charge...

'Steve Kean. Are you havin' a laugh?'

Sam describes Kean as having been a good coach, 'but not management material, far from it in fact.'

He describes Kean 'squealing' on the phone that he hadn't known that Sam was going to be sacked. He says that Chris Coleman recommended Kean as a coach. 'I lifted him off the dole and this is how he repaid me.' Sam says Coleman was later 'extremely embarrassed and apologetic.'

Of the Hong Kong video, Sam says this showed Kean up 'for what he was'.

I wonder which rag paper is going to serialise this section of Sam's autobiography???

It still smarts so much to think how the club was ruined by a bunch of idiots from Pune and that silver-tongued snake.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody had a read of this? Regarding Rovers, there isn't much we didn't know, but there are still some nice jabs delivered.

He says he knew Jerome Anderson was going to play a big role in Venky's running of the club when he had dinner with him in London. The Barnet spiv handed him a list of transfer targets and put him on the phone to Mrs. Desai, who talked a lot of bunkum.

After the 7-1 defeat to MU, Desai called him wanting to know what had gone wrong and he told her that the team needed proper investment and it didn't seem to go down too well.

After Williams told Sam he and Tom Finn had been forced to sack him, he added 'and Macca as well.' Sam asked who was going to be in charge...

'Steve Kean. Are you havin' a laugh?'

Sam describes Kean as having been a good coach, 'but not management material, far from it in fact.'

He describes Kean 'squealing' on the phone that he hadn't known that Sam was going to be sacked. He says that Chris Coleman recommended Kean as a coach. 'I lifted him off the dole and this is how he repaid me.' Sam says Coleman was later 'extremely embarrassed and apologetic.'

Of the Hong Kong video, Sam says this showed Kean up 'for what he was'.

I wonder which rag paper is going to serialise this section of Sam's autobiography???

It still smarts so much to think how the club was ruined by a bunch of idiots from Pune and that silver-tongued snake.

Sam really did go quietly for a man with such a big mouth(LOL) and I assume there was some sort of NDA linked to his pay off.However, I am sure that Sam will have said plenty to football folk, who weren't on Anderson's payroll.

I seem to remember a very cold interview with Kean on Sky much later, where the panelists seemed embarrassed by his delusional ...er mendacity. One was Chris Kamara?

Very good question about which rag will serialise and if they will skate over a story they previously avoided, misreported or distorted...

Football is full of backstabbing, underhand deals and hush money to keep your mouth shut, Allardyce was the victim in our case and thats to the detriment of our football club, but he's no angel, lets not pretend otherwise.

But this is just another example of the obsession with money that runs through the footballing fraternity, I lose a bit more interest with every financial revelation that comes out of the game, what ever happened to morals? what ever happened to doing the right thing? Look what happened to Mike Newell, he was shunned by football in favor of greedy agents! and don;t get me started on those corrupt arseh0les at Fifa.

Allardyce is allegedly just another example of the footballing fraternity that took the ££££'s over disclosing the the actual goings on at the football club. He took a business decision over doing the right thing, same with all those players and boardroom members, money first, the truth and whats right second, should we be surprised? they're not emotionally involved but you'd have thought these millionaires may have an ounce of decency and expose the goings on, but not a chance.....

At what point does someone actually think about the 20k Rovers fans that have had their hearts ripped out by mismanagement on a massive scale.

At what point does someone consider the businesses and job losses that have occurred in the town because of gross mismanagement on a massive scale?

At what point does money take a backseat to just doing the right thing?

An army of lawyers would be waiting for the whistle-blowers, that's why. Any allegations about people involved at the club during that time would require evidence, otherwise it's one man's word against another, and I'm sure Allardyce wouldn't relish getting involved in a long and costly court battle for a football club he has no particular attachment to.

An army of lawyers would be waiting for the whistle-blowers, that's why. Any allegations about people involved at the club during that time would require evidence, otherwise it's one man's word against another, and I'm sure Allardyce wouldn't relish getting involved in a long and costly court battle for a football club he has no particular attachment to.

What the sort of lawyers that took on the Berg case? :lol:

I'm talking about JA's legal team.

I wasn't talking directly about that idiot, but individual circumstances such as being frozen out of the side due to playing bonuses, quotes from managers blatantly lying in the press about players circumstances, injuries etc, thats not hard to expose if you hadn't been bought.

But its obviously to much to expect, and as i said above a bit more of my passion for the game dies the more I think about it.

No papers will highlight what went on at Blackburn because outside of the town no-one cares. Ffs the rags hammered our fans for complaining as we watched our beloved club sink..

The contrast with the rags' attitudes towards the likes of Newcastle fans is startling. When results are going bad for them, they're perfectly fine to criticise the manager and call for his head.

The FBI might just ruffle his feathers if he hasnt covered his tracks perfectly .....He appears to have gone too ground ! Maybe in Brunei with the other reptile ?

JA is seemingly far from an idiot Gav,he's made God knows how many Tens of Millions and nobody appears to be able to get at him...he snaps his fingers and folk fall silent.

Depends how you define an idiot SG, Venkys have made millions and i'd not trust them to lock my front door!

I believe if you treat people like sh1t you'll get it back somewhere down the line, JA will cop one sooner rather than later, mark my words.

Depends how you define an idiot SG, Venkys have made millions and i'd not trust them to lock my front door!

I believe if you treat people like sh1t you'll get it back somewhere down the line, JA will cop one sooner rather than later, mark my words.

If he believes in that tantric rubbish and all that think only positive thoughts and only positive things will happen misguided tosh then he should believe in karma. It'll be served and he knows it.

I'm getting Lego

Both of you have a challenge ahead then!

The contrast with the rags' attitudes towards the likes of Newcastle fans is startling. When results are going bad for them, they're perfectly fine to criticise the manager and call for his head.

Those Newcastle fans obviously don't have Parson's sense of historical inevitability!

Interesting to see Blackpool got 10-12 minutes very good exposure, from a fan's perspective, on Inside Out tonight.

For Trevor brooking read stan matthews, jimmy armfield and Alan ball. Media and fa darlings, which of course makes Blackpool fc likewise..

Let's face it, rovers are unpopular within the game, no two ways about it..

Blackpool, media and FA darlings! LoL! Really? Bunkum.

All this shows is the Bpool fans group of more resourceful and dedicated to the cause than our prawn sandwich brigade, they've a desire to bring about change, our lot simply don't care enough.

Blackpool, media and FA darlings! LoL! Really? Bunkum.

All this shows is the Bpool fans group of more resourceful and dedicated to the cause than our prawn sandwich brigade, they've a desire to bring about change, our lot simply don't care enough.

Bunkoff..! :) have Blackpool fans staged a 24 hour protest outside their ground at the height of winter? Nope..

We got no media coverage then either..

For Trevor brooking read stan matthews, jimmy armfield and Alan ball. Media and fa darlings, which of course makes Blackpool fc likewise..

Let's face it, rovers are unpopular within the game, no two ways about it..

I'm not sure where Trevor Brooking fits in to the point and certainly can't see Blackpool as media and FA darlings. This was local TV, reporting a local story it's hardly a blockbuster BUT it was well done and informative.

Archived