BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Increase In Attendances

damo100

The half season ticket doesn't start until Boxing Day.

We've got two night matches in the run up to Christmas (Rotherham and Forest), one of which is on Sky.

It would be a good idea to do a 'Two for £25' bundle for this, all areas of the ground, get those returning fans right back in the habit.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got two night matches in the run up to Christmas (Rotherham and Forest), one of which is on Sky.

It would be a good idea to do a 'Two for £25' bundle for this, all areas of the ground, get those returning fans right back in the habit.

Too much joined up thinking there for some of the dullards still in situ at the holiday camp that is Ewood. Let's hope that if the Indians have finally woke up from their Anderson induced coma they see what we all see and get some people in who can actually market the club correctly.

I'm returning and getting two half season tickets tomorrow. Supported the Rovers since 1967 and accepted the ups and downs along the way. Decided not to renew our season tickets this season due to a feeling of " what's the point , things aren't going to change - no hope " , caused by our owners inertia and a poor management team . Like others have said, this feels like a new dawn . At last the owners have appointed a manager with a record of getting out of this division , with a backroom staff of experience and pedigree. Can't wait to return after feeling so guilty spending home match days not watching. COYB !!!

Even though the games are a Friday and Monday night, don't think either are on Sky. Not really any idea why they're scheduled for those days to be honest but Sky have different games on those nights.

I believe clubs are only allowed to discount or bundle a certain number of games a season - 3 I think? Probably waiting until nearer the end of the season if we're in position for a surge to the play offs before dropping prices. Hope I'm wrong though, we need a boost now and then to keep momentum going.

Edit - sorry the Forest game is on SKY - just not showing on the skysports website. They've a Prem game on as well that night, unusual to show 2 games at once.

Just hope we get the new manager bounce and all the ones that maybe do come back now, stay back.

The atmosphere in ewood has been dead for a while now. Really hope a good few do return and the noise ramps up with it

I'll be back but I suspect at least 50% of the fans we've lost will never set foot in Ewood again. People ( or their partners ) soon find other things to do on a Saturday afternoon that are cheaper and less stressful.

Correct Tyrone. I think John Williams would have agreed with that assessment plus there is what he would have called "natural churn" i.e. people not renewing for "legitimate" reasons such as dying off, moving away, going to University changing shift patterns at work etc etc. This is however offset up by new fans purchasing for the first time and there's no reason why that figure shouldn't steadily increase and gain more and more momentum with some sustained success on the pitch.

For now I think it's best not to expect miracles in terms of attendances initially but if we could get c15k home fans attending Ewood regularly as opposed to the c10k who must have been on against Derby for example it would make all the difference in the world to the look and feel and atmosphere inside Ewood.

Even though the games are a Friday and Monday night, don't think either are on Sky. Not really any idea why they're scheduled for those days to be honest but Sky have different games on those nights.

I believe clubs are only allowed to discount or bundle a certain number of games a season - 3 I think? Probably waiting until nearer the end of the season if we're in position for a surge to the play offs before dropping prices. Hope I'm wrong though, we need a boost now and then to keep momentum going.

Edit - sorry the Forest game is on SKY - just not showing on the skysports website. They've a Prem game on as well that night, unusual to show 2 games at once.

I don't think there'd be anything to stop the club decreeing that the half season tickets could start with immediate effect (e.g. from the Sheff Wed game) but remain at the same price. That might tempt a few more to buy them?

I don't think there'd be anything to stop the club decreeing that the half season tickets could start with immediate effect (e.g. from the Sheff Wed game) but remain at the same price. That might tempt a few more to buy them?

Apart from loss of revenue? To be fair, the Club have done their bit you would hope the fans could reciprocate the gesture without too much further encouragement.

That said I think the idea of a separate bundled offer before the HT season ticket kicks in is a cracking one if we're allowed to do it, and you have to be careful not to upset full ST holders.

Legitimate reasons like dieing Rev?

It's the best reason I know of.

Part timers!

Just knew someone would pipe up with that which is why I was careful to put the word "legitimate" in inverted commas! Lol.

Apart from loss of revenue? To be fair, the Club have done their bit you would hope the fans could reciprocate the gesture without too much further encouragement.

That said I think the idea of a separate bundled offer before the HT season ticket kicks in is a cracking one if we're allowed to do it, and you have to be careful not to upset full ST holders.

Might not be lost revenue though, if it persuades extra folk to buy the half ST. Worth a punt to try and keep the momentum of the feel good factor going, because Christ knows it won't take many poor results for some fans to crawl back under th........ (tongue in cheek, honestly!)

This club with these prices should be getting 15,000+ home fans through the turnstiles. Hopefully the events of the last 7 days will see a significant take up, though I won't hold my breath. Whilst we will probably shift a few hundred more half season tickets and might get a surge in walk ons for the next few games I think we're a long way away from thousands flocking down to Ewood.

This club with these prices should be getting 15,000+ home fans through the turnstiles. Hopefully the events of the last 7 days will see a significant take up, though I won't hold my breath. Whilst we will probably shift a few hundred more half season tickets and might get a surge in walk ons for the next few games I think we're a long way away from thousands flocking down to Ewood.

That's the reality, unless we now surge to promotion :tu:

If we adopt a system that allows Dead people still to have a Season Ticket within 15 years the Riverside would be entirely dead people......or am I getting the negative side of this positive idea?

Cheeky!

If we adopt a system that allows Dead people still to have a Season Ticket within 15 years the Riverside would be entirely dead people......or am I getting the negative side of this positive idea?

United estimate they have 1,200 season ticket holders who are likely to be deceased (due to age) but who's family are renewing so they don't lose the seats.

• Backroom

I'm loving retirement, thanks. I wasn't sure I would but now I know it was totally the right decision at the right time. Family stand mike. Same as before but further along the row

Damn I'm in BBE lower. Be cool to meet you esp as we've spoken since the TeamTalk days and you influenced my choice of career to a degree :)

I'm loving retirement, thanks. I wasn't sure I would but now I know it was totally the right decision at the right time. Family stand mike. Same as before but further along the row

Mrs Shoelaces went at the end of the school year in summer. I hung around until this half term. When the time comes you know I suppose. I did anyway. We're out in Spain at the moment. When we came out here I was totally down on football and Rovers. Can't wait to get back now.

Archived