BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol City Match Thread - 5Th December 2015

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, frustrating to think that isn't it mate. However we building, 2 winnable home games coming up (Rotherham and Forest) in the space of 4 days, then the Christmas period. Reading away, tough but no great shakes, Boro at home is a bonus game and then Bolton away, another one we should be looking to win. From those 5 games if we can pick up say 10 points I would be happy and then we would be into January and Lambert will have chance to add some quality!

Honestly I can't wait for Friday night. Some stupid thing called work means I'll miss Monday.

About to open a can or two.

We don't usually win when it's expected away from home, so great effort, glad for the travelling support, you deserve the win.

Couple of astute signings on loan in Jan and who knows.

• Backroom

I know Lambert has been saying where he wants to strengthen and where we are weak etc... but where exactly do you strengthen if the current squad keep getting results till January?

We need better squad depth. First eleven are decent but our bench suggests a few injuries would majorly screw us.

Mainly we need an extra midfielder (a decent one), and better forward back up than Brown, Delf or Koita. Another defender could be useful as well.

We need better squad depth. First eleven are decent but our bench suggests a few injuries would majorly screw us.

Mainly we need an extra midfielder (a decent one), and better forward back up than Brown, Delf or Koita. Another defender could be useful as well.

1 or 2 strikers

1 centre midfielder

1 right back

• Backroom

1 or 2 strikers

1 centre midfielder

1 right back

Aye, something like that, though with Henry able to play right back and Kilgallon as backup at CB I think defence is a lower priority than the rest.

Considering how we stockpiled midfielders in the summer it's ridiculous we need another one, but I suppose it just shows how poorly we recruited this summer, embargo or not.

Lawrence and Akpan have been the only real successes. Guthrie may have been if he wasn't so injury prone, but we were aware of his injury issues when we signed him.

Top one!!

It feels like I've reclaimed my Saturday afternoons, checking the score every 5 mins, and not having a misplaced hope we'll win. Hats off to lambo, he's instilling a winning mentality and getting the best out of the squad he inherited. Hopefully Venkys realise it's worth backing him to make improvements in Jan.

hats off to the Die Hards who made the trip.

EE AYE EE AYE EE AYE OH, UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO.......

I know Lambert has been saying where he wants to strengthen and where we are weak etc... but where exactly do you strengthen if the current squad keep getting results till January?

I'd say we still need to inject some pace somewhere.......even if it's just someone that will mainly be used as an impact player.

Said it was nailed on today.

Belief, organisation, confidence and momentum. We have taken off. Onwards and upwards. In Lambert we trust.

This is what Saturday nights used to be like. Looking forward to spending my winnings.

Rovers now down to 25/1 for promotion (40/1 pre Preston when my money went on, 33/1 pre Owls) - get your money on still a great bet !

We've almost got our Rovers back.

I think you've taken off. It was 0-0 and we were under the cosh a bit till they went to ten men. A quick bottle of red should calm you down :)

Great result.

Having seen us lose to the likes of Doncaster and Rotherham away these type of games are ones under Bowyer we struggled with. But a professional display and deserved 3 points.

Even if you don't win vs the top 6 consistently winning vs the bottom half teams will go a long way to a playoff push as the league is wonderfully inconsistent.

Forest won't be easy - they got a good win today and have a few really good players but rotherham are there for the taking. Minimum of 4 but a real possibility of 6 and we will be looking very much up rather than down.

Archived