BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleased Gomez is in - as I say I mentioned him a while ago, so good to see great minds think alike. Be interested to see if we go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 because as I posted earlier, many of their fans say he struggles in a 2.

Hopefully we can get a winger and full back in on loan during the emergency window to keep our necks above water. I'm definitely not expecting another striker from everything I've heard and that is my big concern. Over to you messers Graham and Watt.

- - - - -Steele - - - - -

Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr

- - - Akpan Evans - - - -

- - - - - Gomez - - - - -

- - Conway - - - Watt - -

- - - - - Graham - - - -

That seems like a team that could stay up with options such as Jackson, Lenihan, Henley and maybe a youngster or two could find a way in over the rest of the season. Not a world beating team but fairly balanced and should be enough to see us through to the summer in my opinion.

Funny people questioning this window.

We needed pace - brought in Jackson and Bennett

We needed a striker up front to hold the ball up - Graham

We needed a no 10 striker - Watt

We needed cover at centre half - Ward

We needed creativity in midfield - Gomez

We lost Rhodes - hardly pulling up trees under Lambert - obviously not suited to his style of play

We lost Olsson - £1m for a player many would have given away 1.5 seasons ago, and with only 6 months on his contract. This is probably the only area we haven't moved forward on.

Decent transfer windows for me considering this is not going to be our 'big one'...

INS:

Ward - looks good and ultimately needed him

Jackson - speedster we've not had in a while

Gomez - skilful midfielder much needed

Watt - looks promising

Graham - could come good in this division still decent age

Bennett -looks terrible so far

5/6 is not bad

OUTS:

Rhodes £9-13m for a guy who doesn't fit our system and has some deficiencies is good for us

Olsson - £1m for guy with 6 months remaining is spot on

Deadwood - petchi / koita / Lawrence

Pretty decent cetain we will get a few loans in the next few days too

Look forward to seeing the new guys and just hope they are a notch up from Bowyer's beauts.

- - - - -Steele - - - - -

Marshall Ward Hanley Spurr

- - - Akpan Evans - - - -

- - - - - Gomez - - - - -

- - Conway - - - Watt - -

- - - - - Graham - - - -

That seems like a team that could stay up with options such as Jackson, Lenihan, Henley and maybe a youngster or two could find a way in over the rest of the season. Not a world beating team but fairly balanced and should be enough to see us through to the summer in my opinion.

That could be a reasonably strong team actually. Steele is OK, Spurr is average, Akpan and Evan are decent as long as Gomez can be a creative force in central midfield. Marshall, Hanley, and Conway are good - even great - players (when on form).

Gomez, Ward, Watt and Graham are unknown quantities but I'm optimistic about the latter 3 based on what I've seen so far. We'll survive, hopefully getting enough points to put us solidly in mid table by the end of the season.

Jord Gomez is a good signing but overall not an overly inspiring window. Solid but not spectacular. Shame we missed out on Mcgeady and a little disappointing we haven't added any pace (again) but could have been worse. Stay up and we better splash some cash in summer.

Bennett is no slouch - neither is Jackson - and Watt looks quicker than Rhodes. What impressed me with the highlights from the Oxford match was the speed which we broke out of defence - been a while coming.

I think lambert has fooked up this window

How? Granted we sold Rhodes but how can you be disappointed with players like Gomez, Watt and Graham? Even if 2 work out, that's a job well done. Then we have Ward as a tidy back up, and low risk punts in Jackson and Bennett - players who also buy into Lambert's vision.

I think it's gone pretty well, but time will tell.

Archived